• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need a Tip or Two...BIG match on monday

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Rules:
Ganon (me) vs. Link (friend)
Final Destination or Bridge of Eldin (not sure which, likely it will be decided via coin flip...)
4 Stock, no time, no items

I'm a fairly decent Ganon, I can hold my own in 4p matches and such, and a friend of mine and me are having a grudge match of sorts, since my main's Ganon and his is Link, and as a result, on Monday, we will have the "MOST EPIC MATCH EVER," if only for the characters (and stage if Eldin is the pick).

I've been battling L. 9 Link on both stages, and it's been about 50-50. Usually it's due to me not shielding when I should or the CPU air dodging on the ground like holy hell. I assume the goal is to keep up close and personal with Link, and I've also noticed that I MUST stay on the ground, since if he keeps me up in the air, I'm nearly done for, since even IF I Murder Kick down to the ground, Link will often smash me off the stage anyway due to the lag of the Murder Kick when it lands. What strats should I try?

I often find that a Murder Choke quickly followed up either by his down tilt, forward smash or down smash does the trick from time to time.

I've been practicing catching bombs, although I've been wondering...is it possible to catch bombs while standing? I've only been able to catch those that are thrown at me while I am airborn...

Thanx for all your help, guys, if you read this ;)

Devil7

Smash Journeyman
On the edge of Final Destination waiting to kill y
links arial game is way better the gannys. If you play on eldin use ftilt more for easy side KO since his chain will not work. If on FD its GIMP CITY on his recovery. Just stay on the ground and avoid the spam and eggs from link. (If you didn't get that last joke it was about links projectiles.)

•Col•

Smash Champion
Well, if you're on FD, just dair Link's Up B.... xP It's not that difficult to do... And you can grab bombs on the ground-- I think you just have to push the A button at the right time... Or maybe not... I can't remember at all... Dx

And if Link does get you into the air, maybe you should just Side/Up B off the stage and grab the ledge... I dunno, he might not expect it... And just watch for Link's dair, you can punish him badly with a fsmash if you dodge it...

And use Side Tilt... I dont think Link is able to recover if he's at 100% and is hit by it, since it sends you mostly horizantal... So yeah...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
As a matter of fact, we've never seen each other play...it should be interesting. I don't THINK he would spot dodge as much as a L. 9 CPU Link (they spot dodge five or six of my Murder Kicks and Chokes at times...), which would imply that as long as I keep him on the ground, I should do fine.

I also have a bit of a problem..I seem to have a problem getting a Spartan Kick out each and every time. I often get a Purple Elbow or Shoulder Tackle instead while I'm trying split-second timing (not helpful when playing Ganon -_-). What exactly is the difference between smashing the control stick and tilting it?

•Col•

Smash Champion
As a matter of fact, we've never seen each other play...it should be interesting. I don't THINK he would spot dodge as much as a L. 9 CPU Link (they spot dodge five or six of my Murder Kicks and Chokes at times...), which would imply that as long as I keep him on the ground, I should do fine.

I also have a bit of a problem..I seem to have a problem getting a Spartan Kick out each and every time. I often get a Purple Elbow or Shoulder Tackle instead while I'm trying split-second timing (not helpful when playing Ganon -_-). What exactly is the difference between smashing the control stick and tilting it?
You don't have to move the Control stick all the way to do a tilt... It helps to practice by hold left or right and once you start to walk, push A and you'll do a tilt... OR if you don't have that much time, you could always set your C-stick to Attack instead of Smashes...

Also, just be aware of Link's dair... I dunno how good your friend is, but they can be predictable with it at times... Just watch out whenever he is above you...

MajinNecro69

Smash Ace
Well, a bunch of my other Brawlmates (those at school I play Brawl with but don't know personally) that use Link, often telegraph their dair from fairly high in the air (unlike some Ganons who often Murder Kick after short hops). I hope I can prevail...;)

Top Bottom