• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need an Olimar strategy.

Master Aether

Smash Rookie
Olimar has been a pain in the butt for me to come up with a strategy for him. Can someone bail me out on this?

Naota21t

Smash Champion
First of, wrong board... sorta.

Secondly, what character are you using, since that pretty much DETERMINES your strategy.

Rhyme

Smash Lord
Not to be rude, but that's kinda what I was thinking as well. I wouldn't start asking questions in the Marth section if I was having trouble fighting against him with Olimar.

There's a little image of Zamus underneath the name, maybe that's his/her main? You should probably try asking around there first.

TrueRedemption

Smash Journeyman
To his defense, maybe hes maining random, and just doesn't know what to do with olimar? I hope thats the case, in which he should just go get the basics from NC_Echo's guide stickied at the top, not make a post about it. If he is just asking how to defeat an Olimar on these boards... we'll I don't expect he'll get much help =P

-True

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
I'll give one key piece of advice, don't let him keep you at a distance; Olimar will always win if you let him keep his spacing.

Baamage

Smash Apprentice
If your asking about like
how to win using olimar ?
1) check out NC Echo's guide.
2) Pik often,
whistle often,
WAC if necessary but don't spam it,
Fairs are good for comboing
but Olimars other aerials don't have much priority.
[against Diddy and ROB anyways, which were my test subjects]
Forward + b is a god for getting damage,
Whistle before recovering.
Try to have a purple in line next for when your going to recover to stop edgehoggers.
Forward smash is pretty good,
upsmash is best.
Downsmash can help you out if youre surrounded or don't know wher opponent is going to be,

Red pikmin are best for aerials [damage wise] and are also resistant to fire. Fire attacks.

Blu pikmin are best for using in your throws [damage wise] and are water resistant.

Yellow pikmin fly in a wider arc when thrown, and do electric attacks. Also electric resistant.

Purple pikmin don't fly far but do heavy damage in smashes. Also can stop edgehoggers when your recovering. Lives long.

White pikmin fly farthest, appear to do most damage when Latched, but die fast and easy, and do little damage outside of Latching.

Dash attack is alright but has little priority.

Olimar can juggle very well.

Don't get caught above an opponent. Olimar is in a similar posistion as a lone Ice Climber is above an enemy.

Top Bottom