• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need help beating a level 9 Marth with Lucario

Dark Paladin X

Smash Journeyman
This doesn't any sense. I fought a level 7 CPU Marth before, so I tried fighting a level 9 Marth. Ok, everyone knows that Lucario's attacks are stronger than Marth, but for some **** reason, Marth's attacks have more priority than Lucario. Can anyone give me some good tips on how to beat a ****ing **** Level 9 Marth. I'm beginning to feel that level 9 Marth is cheating here.

Apparently, I want practice on a level 9 Marth CPU in case if some person wants to play as Marth and boasts that "Marth is the best character ever." I pick up Lucario and beat the snot out of that player. Of course, I do admit, player against a real life person is harder than a level 9 CPU (of course of that person is a noob).

manhunter098

Smash Lord
Just punish the computer's mistakes and gimp them. Works every time. Computers can be decent on the stage, but they will air dodge after you hit them with any attack with decent power (assuming they are sent into the air). Punish these air dodges. And like I said, they have no clue how to recover, just run out there and f-air him a couple times when you get him off stage and he will probably die.

Lucario DOES however have a bad matchup against Marth. So beware if you think that you are going to cream a real Marth unless they suck.

feardragon64

Smash Champion
Roll
That's all you need to do
Roll and smash attack

BUT if you WANT to be ANY good don't play them...at all....like ever. Stick with level 3's

Milln

Smash Champion
How to kill any CPU with a linear recovery like Marth's. Throw them off the stage at any percent and wait until they blow their jump. Run over and fair them a couple times off stage. They're done.

Falc0nPunch

Smash Rookie
personally i would strike hard and fast and yes abuse marth when u geth im airborn... like the last game they have Cruddy recovery!~

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Depends. On actual travel distance, yes it's pretty bad. But marth's recovery is useful if you are in range, and a punisher for all sorts of things.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Marth's UpB is one of the fastest moves in the game, and you'll often find both CPU's and human players abusing it to escape from chaingrabs, death blows, etc.
It takes, like, 0 frames to come out. Maybe 1. It also has extremely high priority and knockback.
Even bad marths know how to use upB to escape.
So the friendly Science guy is correct. It may be a bad recovery, but it is a great way to punish edgeguarders, combos, and pretty much anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTos-allAM Me vs bad marth that knows how to abuse that move. I should've had about 10 good combos or edgeguards on him, but he escaped all of them and set me on the defensive because that move is TOO GOOD.
Cheap plug to watch my vids. Don't worry, I know.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Marth's UpB is one of the fastest moves in the game, and you'll often find both CPU's and human players abusing it to escape from chaingrabs, death blows, etc.
It takes, like, 0 frames to come out. Maybe 1. It also has extremely high priority and knockback.
Even bad marths know how to use upB to escape.
So the friendly Science guy is correct. It may be a bad recovery, but it is a great way to punish edgeguarders, combos, and pretty much anything.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjTos-allAM Me vs bad marth that knows how to abuse that move. I should've had about 10 good combos or edgeguards on him, but he escaped all of them and set me on the defensive because that move is TOO GOOD.
Cheap plug to watch my vids. Don't worry, I know.
Part of it is because of the beginning invincibility frames, but yes, this is a good explanation of why this attack has become infamous. Essentially...
C-C-COMBO BREAKER!!!

Top Bottom