• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need Help With Choosing A Good Water-Type Pokemon in Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
Ok well I think this is the right place to post this. But I need help in choosing a good water type pokemon. Right now my current team
Monferno-Level 28
Crobat- Level 28
Luxio- Level 28
Gabite- Level 27
Porygon- Level 27
Psyduck- Level 27

Psyduck isnt a bad water pokemon, its just i know there are better ones out there. Any suggestions for a water type that would fit my team? I would really appreciate it!

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ok well I think this is the right place to post this. But I need help in choosing a good water type pokemon. Right now my current team
Monferno-Level 28
Crobat- Level 28
Luxio- Level 28
Gabite- Level 27
Porygon- Level 27
Psyduck- Level 27

Psyduck isnt a bad water pokemon, its just i know there are better ones out there. Any suggestions for a water type that would fit my team? I would really appreciate it!
here are your types so far-

fire / fighting
flying / poison
electric
ground / dragon
normal
water / (not) psychic

for in-game, your team looks fine. if your talking about playing this team endgame- you need to make some switches. tell us which you plan on doing?

if you want to switch your water type for in-game, here are some of my suggestions- Ludicolo (gives you grass), Sharpedo (gives you dark/massive attack), or Starmie (better coverage).

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792

fire / fighting
flying / poison
electric
ground / dragon
normal
water / psychic

for in-game, your team looks fine. if your talking about playing this team endgame- you need to make some switches. tell us which you plan on doing?

if you want to switch your water type for in-game, here are some of my suggestions- Ludicolo (gives you grass), Sharpedo (gives you dark/massive attack), or Starmie (better coverage).
Interesting fact: despite the fact that Psyduck/Golduck have a rather impressive psychic movepool, they actually aren't a psychic type. I actually had forgotten this as well until I went to make a team one time and was going to use Golduck as a water/psychic and found out it didn't have the latter...

So with that said, I think Starmie would be a better Pokemon to use. If nothing else, it at least gets the psychic STAB that Golduck wishes it had.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I did always think that Golduck was a Psychic/ Water until I got one in Platinum...

I started with a Piplup so that's the water I am using right now.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace

fire / fighting
flying / poison
electric
ground / dragon
normal
water / psychic

Yea, i know ill need to change some of them eventually. i know i want to keep monferno (infernape eventually) Gabite(garchomp eventually) and crobat. but i dont know about the rest. porygon will eventually learn discharge, so there goes my reason to keep luxio.

Im still desperately am looking for some kind of grass or bug type. Psyduck i want to switch out eventually too but i dont know who to replace. It would also be nice to get some sort of ice type. Im trying to make a different team then i had in pearl.
heres my pearl team: (all level 71)
Scizor
Magmotor
Wailord
Dragonite
Raichu
Mamoswine

I also use to have Gengar, and Abomasnow.

suggestions?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I switched my Luxray for a Magnezone

I actually want to replace him with electivire or however you spell electabuzz's evolved form

I am using Mamoswine as my ground and ice currently but I want to replace it with abamasnow and garchomp...I want to breed my garchomp first but I can't find a female one.

Mr. Rogu

Smash Ace
I switched my Luxray for a Magnezone

I actually want to replace him with electivire or however you spell electabuzz's evolved form

I am using Mamoswine as my ground and ice currently but I want to replace it with abamasnow and garchomp...I want to breed my garchomp first but I can't find a female one.
have you used action replay codes on your game? if so, you can just use the poke modifier to get a female garchomp. if not then you'll just have to get another gible in that cave below the bike path.

urdailywater

Smash Hero
East Side Gastradon. They're like mudkips except more amazing. It really helped me stall out Cynthias Garchomp (diamond) with hyper potions too. I think I was level 50 or something.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
East Side Gastradon. They're like mudkips except more amazing. It really helped me stall out Cynthias Garchomp (diamond) with hyper potions too. I think I was level 50 or something.

You forced a stall-out? Why didn't I think of that?

I just used my weaker guys as fodder while I healed up the strong ones so they could get the **** done. :laugh:

Granted, other than in G/S/C, I always had a problem with keeping my Pokemon's lvls even...they'd always get out of hand at some point. -.-

Oh, and Gastrodon is a rather nice option as well, although you already have the ground part covered so that one's really up to you.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
have you used action replay codes on your game? if so, you can just use the poke modifier to get a female garchomp. if not then you'll just have to get another gible in that cave below the bike path.
I kinda wanted to win the game without cheating, as much as I can...

c3gill

Smash Ace
how the hell isnt Golduck Psychic? and how didnt i know this? /cry.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
how the hell isnt Golduck Psychic? and how didnt i know this? /cry.
I think just about everyone didn't know this at some point.

Except for those crazy Psyduck/Golduck fanatics...

Honestly though, I think this was some type of massive logic error made by the entire Pokemon team that created each of the games. There's just no other explanation for it.

karthik_king

Smash Ace
Once i made a BIG fool out of myself when I thought Golduck was part psy so i used him in a monotype tourny. I ended up redoing my psy team and winning.(yeah competition was not very good)

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
You could try Gyarados or Starmie lol, both are pretty easy to procure and have nice moves.

ss118

Smash Master
Is it weird of me that I sense a "pro pokemon player" vibe from Lemonwater, even though this is the only post I've seen of him? Maybe it's because I would say exactly the same thing

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
In-game? Gastrodon was more than good enough for me. Or even Floatzel, lol, but in-game isn't that hard since they tell you which pokemon they're about to switch to anyway.

You'd think the Elite Four would be smarter than that.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
In-game? Gastrodon was more than good enough for me. Or even Floatzel, lol, but in-game isn't that hard since they tell you which pokemon they're about to switch to anyway.

You'd think the Elite Four would be smarter than that.
Turn it to set instead of shift if you want to be challenged by that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom