• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice on improving my falco game. [Vids inside]

J4pu

Smash Champion
people generally ignore games against computers, although I think your mistakes are still pretty easily seen
try to get matches up against actual people.

Hybrid222

Smash Cadet
Alright. Im having some friends over to play tonight that are pretty good. Were just getting started back playing. I used to do very well in tournaments when the game first came out but I havent played for about 6 months so Im sure I have some issues now.

I will try and get some vids up soon.

Carbonated

Smash Cadet
Personally, I think you shine way to much. It's a good move but shouldn't be used as much as your laser. Also avoid using laser while grounded. It has a ton of lag. And work on the timing of your SHL and SHDL so the lasers end up closer to the ground and don't just sail over your opponent

Try to keep Fsmash fresh for when your actually going for the kill. I don't think I saw any tilts being used. Ftilt is a quick move with a nice sized hitbox.

Instead of your jump off phantasm (<B) learn Instant Ariel Phantasm (I forget the name >_>). You just run off and imediately phantasm. Fast and lagless. Also, avoid using Firebird. If you were facing a human you would most likely get edge gaurded.

Not much advice I can give since your facing a CPU

Hyo

Smash Journeyman
^ and instead of "run[ning] off and immediately phatasm[ing]," Why not just jump and immediately phantasm?

Yes that works too! Jump and instantly input a sideB. Falco should perform a phantasm with his legs still grazing the ground, and hit the ground with noticablly less ending lag than if he were to sideB while grounded.

Top Bottom