• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
Thank you for the quick response... I have one more question

Reflected projectiles (using Ness' bat, Mario's cape, etc)... do how much more damage than the initial projectile?

I always thought it was 1.5x more damage... but I can't find the thread, and I wanted to make sure

Frown

poekmon
Thank you for the quick response... I have one more question

Reflected projectiles (using Ness' bat, Mario's cape, etc)... do how much more damage than the initial projectile?

I always thought it was 1.5x more damage... but I can't find the thread, and I wanted to make sure
It's not the same for all reflectors. You'll have to check the Ness boards, Mario boards, Fox boards etc.

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Playing G&W, I never use u-tilt, f-tilt, u-air, b, side-b, jab, f-smash. Which ones should I add to my game, and how.

zrky

Smash Lol'd
I see in most cases to get put of a CG or something you need to DI, but what exactly is it and how do you do it?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Sorry for this noob question, but what does IASA stand for?
Interpretable As Soon As

It's a pretty bad abbreviation. They should just call them interrupt frames or something like that.
It indicates the earliest frame that a move can, so it's good.

I see in most cases to get put of a CG or something you need to DI, but what exactly is it and how do you do it?
what does that even mean? If you want to know about DI: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=155409

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Playing G&W, I never use u-tilt, f-tilt, u-air, b, side-b, jab, f-smash. Which ones should I add to my game, and how.
fsmash = **** finisher, use that
utilt...i think its a decent juggler?
f-tilt = not sure
b = pretty sure this move sux
side b = good for friendlys, lol. not for practical tourney use tho
jab = i think this move is good?

xoxokev

Smash Lord
^Left and right really fast on the control stick.

Anyway. I have a question. Does anyone know where I can find frame data on grab releases?

Corrupted

Smash Journeyman
Where is the thread with all the data on how DDD can CG each character. With information on walking/running CG.

What characters on certain stages = a very bad match up against pretty much anyone? Examples of what I mean are Falco on Jungle Japes because of the mobility and spiking into water OR DDD on Shadow Moses (Chaingrabable characters only) for wall infinites and chaingrab to off screen.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
^Basically, anyone with a spike is good on Pirate Ship. Ganon and Ness (with the first and second strongest spikes in the game, respectively) can easily spike opponents in the water at very low %

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Few questions that have been burning my mind:

1) Are turbo controllers banned from tourneys? (you'll see where I'm going with this below)

2) When you wall tech to stop a bounce if you're RAPPIDLY hitting L will it tech or must it be sweet spotted with only one tap of the block button in a certain amount of time before it lets you retry...in other words one shot before you blow it.

Example: As you're hanging on the ledge to edge guard Captain Falcon but manages to grab onto you while you're point blank against Final Destination's sideways ledge and getting ready for a nasty stage spike. If I had a turbo controller set to turbo my R button to get auto-sweet spotted techs to avoid it?

3) I just learned about teching on walls I've seen people tech jump after getting sent flying...but I've never been able to jump I just stand in place. Although I tested this on the ceiling of Hyrule Temple...must it be against some place like the sideways ledge of Final Destination , Battle Field , or the straight walls of say Shadow Moses?

Hopefully, SOMEBODY here knows these really really specific questions. You'd ease my mind :D

Cero

Smash Lord
1. Yes, I believe the majority of tournaments ban modded controllers. (You have to check with the TO)
I'm not totally sure if controllers with the springs taken out of the L/R triggers are banned though...

2. Whenever you tech, there's a 20 frame time span where you have to input the shield button. You have to time it so that you press shield right before you hit the stage. If you mess up (press the button too early), than the game makes you wait an additional 40 frames until you're able to attempt to tech again.

So, no. Having a turbo controller set to turbo a shield button would only result in a lot of missed techs...

3. Tech jumping can only be done off the side of a wall. To do it, you have to tech and at the same time, press the direction away from the wall on the control stick. It's basically the same thing as a wall jump - just with a tech added in.

Teching a roll is done pretty much the same way. Except it's done while teching off the ground and it's like doing a roll dodge.

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
Thanks a lot cero. PERFECT.

TO is Tournament Organizer right?
Is there anywhere that it's written in the official rule list or is this considered like an unsaid rule? Much like interrupting an opponent in real life while you're playing them.... Example: Punching the chaingrabing Falco in the throat while he's doing it to get the edge back ingame.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
Thanks a lot cero. PERFECT.

TO is Tournament Organizer right?
Is there anywhere that it's written in the official rule list or is this considered like an unsaid rule? Much like interrupting an opponent in real life while you're playing them.... Example: Punching the chaingrabing Falco in the throat while he's doing it to get the edge back ingame.
yes, TO is tournament organizer

and no, you cannot punch your opponent in the throat while hes CGing you, sucks right?

Er!ckLZ

Smash Apprentice
ROFL.....

lv9 is too easyy... they attack in patterns.
and plus, they dun combo...
better off training w/ 3 lv1s against you with 300% Handicap
lol

Oddler

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OddlerPro
I mean the no turbo controllers is like an unwritten and unsaid rule like no violence...is it suppose to be "that obvious" or is it written anywhere? I really wanna use the turbo function on ONE of my controllers for when I wanna escape from grabs or pummel people in grabs (only use since using it to tech has just been brought to light of not working).

Not the BIGGEST advantage of a Turbo controller but any advantage is a good one when using a (G)arbage tier character. I just don't want it to be illegal or anything.

Sushi3

Smash Apprentice
Spot Dodge

What's a great way to practice Spot dodging? I feel like If I can master that, and learn how to properly space my attacks, I have a chance of making an impact at a tournament level around my area. I'm so close I can just feel it.
Well, I see 3 basic situations that you would spotdodge.

1.If you see your opponent is fasfalling/charging at you. (They're probably going to hit you)
2. After you've finish a laggy move and you're within range for them to punish you (you probably won't have enough time but it's a quick option and worth a try)
3. You're in close combat and you immediately see the startup animation of an attack.

Otherwise, I wouldn't normally spotdodge randomly and hope the opponent misses an attack.

ftl

Smash Journeyman
A question - do spotdodges have vulnerable frames on startup? Like, if I'm shielding an attack with a lingering hitbox, can I spotdodge the last portion of it or are there vulnerable frames at the beginning I'd get hit out of?

I've not seen people do that so I assume that you can't, but I'm not sure.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
How do you force Wario to jump release? I grab wario and i dont pummel him, and he still breaks out normally in front of me. i am using falco.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
Is there a formula that relates how strong uncharged moves are to other %'s of charges and full charge, or does it depend on the particular move?

In both damage and knockback?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom