• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice

thats not really the same tech that he is talking about. multiple arrow looping and the arrow rain are different.

If you go to the pit boards and look up the thread that has all of his ATs in it, ( it should be stickeyed) thats should have what you need.
thank you soo much for not being an asshat. do you know how badly my butt would get fried for asking that kind of q on shoryuken.com?

Melomaniacal

Smash Champion

thats not really the same tech that he is talking about. multiple arrow looping and the arrow rain are different.

If you go to the pit boards and look up the thread that has all of his ATs in it, ( it should be stickeyed) thats should have what you need.
It's just a variation of arrow looping.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
It's just a variation of arrow looping.

not really.

arrow looping is shooting an arrow and directing it in a circle so that it stays within the borders of the stage and thus stays active. you can do this while firing another arrow, and control both ( or all 3 or all 4) arrows at once.

arrow rain is firing 3 arrows straight up into the air, to the point where they are outside the stage boundaries. and than firing another arrow straight up out side the visual screen but looping it back down withing the stage boundaries and after it comes back down the 3 arrows you shot before somehow one by one come back down in that general area.

so you need to be able to arrow loop in order to arrow rain but they are entirely different moves

@ the guy who originally asked this question.

yea, some of the other fighting game communitys are kinda douchy, and smash community is awesome. it also helps that you when through the proper channels in order to get your question answered. as opposed to like making a thread in some random place just to ask that question.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209
Of Course, I do not know what type of codes you are looking for. What do you mean? Cheat codes? Texture hacks? Code to modify characters?
I'm assuming that you want cheats. The link above however, to my knowledge at least, is more about mods and hacks for brawl.
Here are a few well known sites for cheats: http://www.cheatplanet.com/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/
http://www.mycheats.com/

And ya know whats weird? I haven't actually PLAYED brawl for months now! lol at mahself.

Dogboy

Smash Apprentice

Not Really.

Arrow Looping Is Shooting An Arrow And Directing It In A Circle So That It Stays Within The Borders Of The Stage And Thus Stays Active. You Can Do This While Firing Another Arrow, And Control Both ( Or All 3 Or All 4) Arrows At Once.

Arrow Rain Is Firing 3 Arrows Straight Up Into The Air, To The Point Where They Are Outside The Stage Boundaries. And Than Firing Another Arrow Straight Up Out Side The Visual Screen But Looping It Back Down Withing The Stage Boundaries And After It Comes Back Down The 3 Arrows You Shot Before Somehow One By One Come Back Down In That General Area.

So You Need To Be Able To Arrow Loop In Order To Arrow Rain But They Are Entirely Different Moves

@ The Guy Who Originally Asked This Question.

Yea, Some Of The Other Fighting Game Communitys Are Kinda Douchy, And Smash Community Is Awesome. It Also Helps That You When Through The Proper Channels In Order To Get Your Question Answered. As Opposed To Like Making A Thread In Some Random Place Just To Ask That Question.
Thanyouthankyousah!

KrayzeeGuy

Smash Rookie
If I choose to turn tap jump off, will that really damage my competitive ability?

(Especially for R.O.B./Jigglypuff/Lucario?)

I ask because I recall with Tap Jump on, you can jump out of guards, and even u-smash out of guards.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If I choose to turn tap jump off, will that really damage my competitive ability?

(Especially for R.O.B./Jigglypuff/Lucario?)

I ask because I recall with Tap Jump on, you can jump out of guards, and even u-smash out of guards.

most competitive players i know play with tap jump off. so no, if that helps your style of play, it will increase your competitive ability.

you can jump out of shield and up smash out of shield even with tap jump off.

its all about what feels best to you

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
have you searched?
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=209
Of Course, I do not know what type of codes you are looking for. What do you mean? Cheat codes? Texture hacks? Code to modify characters?
I'm assuming that you want cheats. The link above however, to my knowledge at least, is more about mods and hacks for brawl.
Here are a few well known sites for cheats: http://www.cheatplanet.com/
http://www.gamefaqs.com/
http://www.mycheats.com/

And ya know whats weird? I haven't actually PLAYED brawl for months now! lol at mahself.
i mean the giant thread with ALL brawl gecko codes, for almost everything

awesomeolion

Smash Cadet
Alright, I've heard several times that a good way to practice is to dominate level 1 computers.

With this in mind, I've been practicing against level one computers of top tiers. My questions is as follows:

What is the focus when playing level one computers? Is it to play safe and make sure they never hit or kill you, or is it to play aggressively and practice combos and spiking? As a Falco player, I just played a level one Meta Knight in a 60 stock game and ended up winning (hooray! :p) with 50 stock left. Should i strive for a flawless type win?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
When practicing against the computer, you have to have a specific goal in mind when practicing, the same way you have to have a specific idea in mind when practicing against people. its just that usually with people, you get feedback as to what you are doing wrong so you are directed as to what to improve on with that training session.

if you played against a guy that said "wow, good game" after every game, than you probably wouldnt improve. but usually after a match, if your friend goes, "wow, your DI is awful" than you are probably going to spend the next few games working on your DI. Whereas you cant get that kind of feedback from the cpu, so you have to know ahead of time what you are working on.

from like 15 pages earlier in the thread.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's up to the TO, there's no indication in the SBR ruleset either way. But I'd assume banned; it artificially rebalances the game.

The reason he'd want to do it is so he doesn't get caught in particular chaingrabs. For example, iirc Pika can infinite Falco but only if he grabs him at very low percents.

Jane

Smash Hero
just a little update on my question:

my uptilt is really improving! all it took was some good practice, and not pressing up and a at the same time, timing it so the control stick is already pushed up, THEN pressing a.

thanks for all your help guys, looks like this is one less thing i'll have to worry about (:

NNID
Budget_Player
Why would you do that ? You gain litterally nothing from it, except dying sooner.
It's up to the TO, there's no indication in the SBR ruleset either way. But I'd assume banned; it artificially rebalances the game.

The reason he'd want to do it is so he doesn't get caught in particular chaingrabs. For example, iirc Pika can infinite Falco but only if he grabs him at very low percents.
That. It would make ness/link/insert character with poor recovery here not die to falco so hard as he does, and help the spacies against pikachu. But seeing as it isn't in the rules... meh.

Flynch

Smash Cadet
I was hoping to get a bit of help on developing new advanced techs.

I smash a lot with a guy named Savvy and we've been thinking of devoting some of this time to trying to advance the game in ways that haven't been found yet.

I'd like advice, links, or any helpful information pertaining to:
-Understanding the mechanics behind known AT's
-Understanding mechanics to develop new AT's
-A list of any moves that with AT potential or abnormal properties
-Threads or websites that may prove useful
-Anything else you can think of

I am devoted to this game and will make use of the information given to the best of my ability. Please take some time to help me out if you can think of anything.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
its possible that:

1. you need to ask again
2. they dont actually have them. im pretty sure not every character hastheir frame data written up somewhere

infomon

Smash Scientist
I was hoping to get a bit of help on developing new advanced techs.

I smash a lot with a guy named Savvy and we've been thinking of devoting some of this time to trying to advance the game in ways that haven't been found yet.

I'd like advice, links, or any helpful information pertaining to:
-Understanding the mechanics behind known AT's
-Understanding mechanics to develop new AT's
-A list of any moves that with AT potential or abnormal properties
-Threads or websites that may prove useful
-Anything else you can think of

I am devoted to this game and will make use of the information given to the best of my ability. Please take some time to help me out if you can think of anything.
IMO, there are very, very few parts of Brawl that have the potential to reveal anything new about the raw game mechanics. There are probably some subtle character- (or even matchup-)dependent tricks that noone has really noticed or found a way to make useful in the metagame yet.... but Brawl never really had many ATs. A few solid ones (like glide-tossing and b-reversal stuff), a bunch of game-mechanic quirks that take some time to learn the details of (priority, momentum-cancelling, etc.), and then a large amount of teensy silly character-dependent tricks and glitches.

I'd recommend you look around the forums for some of the "scientific" threads about game mechanics. Learn what you can about DI (including SDI, and all the crazy details, like ASDI, and "cinematic hitlag"), and momentum-cancelling on top of that (lots of stupid details therein), and learn the priority system (which is full of surprises and exceptions).

*shrug* HTH.

ArcPoint

Smash Lord
Does the amount of invincibility you have left when you grab onto the ledge affect how much invincibility you have on the subsequent ledge options (i.e. ledge jump, ledge drop double jump, attack, roll etc)?

So like, if I were to start ledge roll as soon as I got onto the ledge vs if I waited until my invincibility ran out, would I still have the same amount of invincibility for the ledge roll?

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I no...but its hard to find them.
And when I ask under the boards...no one answers.
You didn't look too well... Marth's Frame Data is stickied (clearly titled Marth's Frame Data) which is probably why you didn't get an answer. Snake Frame Data is normally on the first page, SuSa mad the thread if I remember correctly. R.O.B..... no idea.

Jobes

Smash Apprentice
Ok I just had a pretty wierd glitch happen. I didn't want to make a thread because it may already be known, but...

I was playing as falco on smashville, and i was doing the chaingrab>spike deal, but i got to the right of the stage, I jumped up to spike but instead I landed, laglessly, on the moving platform above me and slid along it a bit. Does anyone know what happened?

I have a replay saved, but I'm not sure how to put it on here.

infomon

Smash Scientist
It's called a "platform cancel".

It's just a matter of landing on the platform the right way; sorta at the peak of a jump afaik.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
From a strategic and tactical standpoint, what would you say is more important.

Fast ground speed or fast horizontal air speed.

infomon

Smash Scientist
hmmmm.... probably really depends on your ground moves vs. your aerial moves.

vacuous answer is vacuous :urg:

but I'm not really sure why you're asking the question. You want as many (good) options available as possible, and what that means is a matchup-dependent question. (ex. the set of moves you have which outlast an opponent's spotdodge, might constitute an "option" in a particular combat scenario, but it would depend on the opponent's spotdodge framelength. And you'd need to consider a ton of scenarios like that to determine how ground-speed would or wouldn't be more important to a character. This is prolly way more specific than I guess you were thinking tho?)

*shrug*

:054:

Sixonesix

Smash Apprentice
How does wall/ceiling teching work in Brawl? I know in Melee the timing was similar to L-canceling, but apparently it's different in Brawl and now I have a hard time doing it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
@ above
I think it just a little earlier, dude, just keep practicing it.

@below.
When marth/ike/lucario counters a move. does that move go into the opponents stale move queue? also when somebody super armors a move, does that move get stale?

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
@Destroy; You have to hit your shield button 20 frames before you hit the ceiling. Basically 1/4 of a second before.

@above; Pretty sure it doesn't for both cases.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Question concerning DACUS. Don't worry, I'm not asking how you do it.

-Basically, what allows for a DACUS?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom