• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some Falco help.

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
Well I have just a few questions when it comes to Falco. I hope you guys don't mind answering and sorry if they this has been asked before but:

1. When it comes to using Falco's phantasm onto the stage from a ledge, I have become a bit predictable. What else can I do on the ledge to mix my game up?

2. I'm having a rather tough time canceling out the phantasm for that extra slide at the end to avoid some lag. How exactly do I cancel his Fspecial?

That's it.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Don't always do side-b from the ledge. Mix it up with jumps, attacks, etc. That which can be predicted can be punished, so don't do something that can be predicted.

Yojimbo

Smash Journeyman
(1.) You can mix up your game, as Angel said. Drop down from the ledge and do a rising double laser. Or you could just as easily roll off the ledge and get behind, drop down to a rising Nair, or just the ledge attack. Drop down to firebird in SOME situations, only as a mind game. Drop down with a rising shine for some distance? PLENTY of options from the ledge.

(2.) Cancelling Falco's Phantasm, from my experiences and many others, is insanely hard to do. I can't get the timing down, so I don't rely on it. And I can't give you the exact timing, but it should be in one of the stickies.

Hope this helps you out.

AL2DAX

Smash Apprentice
Thanks angel and yojimbo. Lol i didn't think the solutions were as simple as that XD

but i saw this one video of a falco who canceled his phantasm at will which really looked like it helped his game. Would you guys like to see?

Top Bottom