• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some Tech Terms explained, read the guides...

Dubloh

Smash Rookie
Alright, I have some questions before I can delve into the world of ATs and such, occasionally I see terms thrown around and have no idea what they mean. I check the guides, but the knowledge seems to be so commonplace that it isn't explained anywhere.

The terms I don't understand are:

DI, what is a DI? Down...something? If it is a technique, how do you do it?

Tilts, now shoot me because I know this is a simple term, but what exactly is a tilt and how do you do them?

I think I have more but nothing comes to mind right now, any help?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
di= directional influence its when you change your trajectory after being hit to keep yourself alive longer or to get out of a combo etc.

tilts are the moves you can do when you hold your joystick in a direction (not running) and then press a.

Dubloh

Smash Rookie
di= directional influence its when you change your trajectory after being hit to keep yourself alive longer or to get out of a combo etc.

tilts are the moves you can do when you hold your joystick in a direction (not running) and then press a.
thanks, but how do you do a DI? Do you press the control stick a certain direction at the right time or what?

Man, I feel ********.:(

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
^ yea more or less there are threads that explain it better in this tactical section i suggest going and finding one of them

Mega-Japan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shonendo
3DS FC
0791-4753-3390
DI stands for "Directional Influence".
Basically it is a fancy word for slamming on the joystick to get out of
a combo or continuous attack. For example, if you are caught in Bowser's
Fire Breath, you can slam left and your character slowly moves left.

Top Bottom