• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need video critique

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
I watched a bit and besides basic mistakes such as missed l-cancels and such I can say for certain a big issue you seemed to have was you have a really solid grasp of performing the tech, but you apply it in a poor manner in actual combat and revert for rather noob-ish tactics like spamming whiffed up smashes over. You also did not play the neutral game properly. I know it's difficult with ICs but your mix ups were non existent, every time you dashed in, you well, dashed in. No question. You need to have the mind games! When are you coming in you are fox YOU determine the flow here. You also put yourself in disadvantageous stage positions for no reason..giving the ICs all the punishes they could ever want. Place yourself in a good position, keep the neutral, keep them above you, often times you would retreat to the ledge and get downsmashed for it for a low % kill. These are rather broad statements. I hope I can help, feel free to ask for anything else :)

Charlesz

Smash Champion
Your broad statements makes me think you have no clue what you're talking about. I need someone better to critique please. Cunning or SW you there?

RedQuelll

Smash Cadet
NNID
RedQuell
No need to be rude haha. Kind of hard to give specific statements when you don't ask for anything other then just "advice." You didn't even ask something broad like "how do I beat IC" a question which was asked of SW to which he said was to broad a question to really answer or give advice for, he tried, but it's hard if you don't have a specific question. I told you mistakes but what are you expecting, frame data? lol there are plenty of stickied threads for incredibly specific things such as that but I told you general, broad things about what you were doing wrong. It's quite rude to be that disrespectful when you asked for nonspecific advice and are given it, and to imply I have no idea what i'm talking about because I didn't write you the encyclopedia of Fox vs IC matchup knowledge. I never claimed to know much, but I certainly know enough to give out some pretty good advice. Mix up your gameplay, you were getting read like a damn book the whole match. I acknowledged that my advice was broad in my post, ask for specific questions if you want specific answers or else what the hell am I supposed to say? I can't read your mind about what you want. Geeezz. So rude smh lol. (no hard feelings though, just try not to be an asshole.)

edit: Let me stop watching apex to go back over your videos and point out SPECIFIC instances in which you played like ****. Also I see you made two posts about this same topic, and you were conveniently given the same advice by another guy as I said in this post. Guess I do sorta know what i'm talkin about, huh :)

Kay so at the very beginning of the match you did a get up attack which is a painfully easy punish, then firefoxed shortly after into the ground..around 1:14 got wayyy to hungry for the upsmash and you whiffed like crazy, didnt get punished the first two times but still, a good player would punish you. Why not cc upsmash?? Around 3:03 more whiffs, and why are you using upsmash to edgeguard? Not really a good option at all and thus you lost the match. Up smash kills at low % , but why are you throwing them out so blindly? You don't have to approach in the matchup, you could camp with lasers to get more damage, but no, you instead did unsafe options like dash attacks and got punished (and people do this and complain about things such as wobble, you don't, just saying.) 3:48...smh. You continue to recover in the same fashion, going high over and over which is an easy punish (sweetspot the ledge for christ's sake or just mix it up somehow.) Like I said, you can do the tech, but your matchup knowledge is bad and your options are bad. Space better instead of going in and getting grabbed. The matchup is a ***** even though its 50-50, but you need to be patient and safe. I am looking at it from you vs that player, if I was to say in general what you could be doing better at every instance it would be a infinitely long post because you often chose options which are trumped by other, more safe options.

Last edited:
Top Bottom