• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Needles in Brawl

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
How annoying is the new ”toggle” method as opposed to the old ”hold” method? Is it difficult to get used to double-tapping when trying to launch a quick uncharged needle flurry? I know this must seem like such a minor complaint, but Sheik's needles are such a useful interrupt mechanism that I really wanna hear from players who have the game: does the need to double-tap ever screw you over, especially in midair?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
The doubletap makes it a little slower if I want to just throw a single needle. The actual annoying part about needles in Brawl is that they barely do anything. They can damage people, and they stun a little, but they don't do anything to projectiles and you lag even when using aerial ones and landing now.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
For you to get frowndged when you try to cancel a Samus charge shot and it just blasts you in the face anyway.

Ultimatum479

Smash Apprentice
That's...that's wonderful.

*sigh* The lack of aerial needle lag-cancelling is probably the biggest concern, though. Sheik's only good ranged ability (no, the whip does NOT count unless I'm unaware of some amazing uber-buff to the whip since Melee -- and probably not even then) is now gone, which wouldn't be such an issue if not for the complaints I've been hearing about transformation to and from Zelda.

Top Bottom