• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness DASC speculation

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
For those that don't know, a situational tech has surfaced called the Dash Attack Sheild Cancel or DASC for short. Here is a video of the AT showcasing various characters and some of their options with this tech:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S54mPByImY0&feature=sub#t=01m34s

In the video, it seems Ness has quite a few options with this most notable being a PKT2 hit.

What I would like to know is the other options that Ness has from this. Can Ness dair spike from this? Can he use bair to stage spike? Is the PKT2 hit guarenteed or can the opponent DI out of it in time? Can we get a jab lock?

Granted this is very situational but a free KO may be worth looking into just in case.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
The problem is that ness has absoulutly no set-ups into it and IS indeed highly situational, and even if i were to get an opponent into the situation, i wouldn't think to do this.

But

Things he can do out of it, seem good, an automatic FS means there is a guarenteed set-up into the 90% combo.
(off a platform)
A PkT2 hit seems like it can be shielded.

any aerial could be nice.

Maybe if pk fire works, its an auto set-up into a caz-combo.

Uffe

Smash Hero
This is rather old. And I mean a year old. I've had Earthbound360 jab lock me by knocking me off the platform on Battlefield when my shield was up. Now that more people are aware of this, the chances of this happening are slimmer than before.

CometStar

Smash Apprentice
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244442

Lol, a thread about this came up right before Seibrik posted it up.
Lol indeed, well at the very least we have an answer to his question now.

I doubt there would be many chances to get someone off the edge of the main stage with this very much. However, I do see foresee a use for this in regards to smaller platforms on stages such as Battlefield, Smashville, etc changing this from something very situational to something that may be a common occurence.

Top Bottom