• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Finder (The original finder thread)

D

Deleted member

peach/fox are the best teammates but never do fox/fox that's suicide.

But yeah Ness pretty good on teams. just back kick and bat lol.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Teamate for Ness?

I would say Geedubya would be a fun teamate for Ness...sausage absorbtion and Flash catching.

Peach is indeed a very good teamate. I had to fight a double Peach team recently. I thought they would just Dsmash eachother nonstop but they worked well.

I love playing on teams with Ness...I can do so many things I can't normally. PK Flash and have my teamate throw our opponenet into it, PSI Magnet, (of course) and some cool edgegaurding that would normally leave me very open to attack.

Descriminating with PK Fire becomes difficult...and occasionally I Bair my friend...but it's so much fun.

I play with my teamate Dmac, he uses G-Dangerous. (Dorf)

I think Gannon and Ness work fairly well together. Slow and big + fast and small. Gannon can punish with big punches and long kicks while Ness can work around him with high priority smothering.

I rarely do teams with any other characters...Dmac is a devoted Gannon.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, I think I´ll go with Ness in teams :D
I´ll prolly team up with Falco, Fox or Marth.
So it´s most likely gonna be lasershoving :p
Or actually more liked Mow described, BairBatting and messing around with those space animals.
Or if I get lucky I´ll team up with another Ness! Go NESS!

Glide

Smash Ace
By the way; any Ness players out there find it substantially easier to KO fast fallers than floaters? I know I do.

D

Deleted member

just use PK waves and DJC bair from shield and floaties die pretty quick. But watch Peach, she kill you.

Glide

Smash Ace
'kay 'kay. Just stay the course then it seems =P Guess I gotta keep working the "know thy opponent" angle.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
I was under the impression that Mofo used Ness almost exclusively for fastfallers and Fox and some Falco for the floaties. Ness does not like Peach.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Peach is my least favourite fruit.

I lost to a peach player at my most recent tourney. Yeah...she is difficult but she sparkles well. You can Fair her 3+ times if you get it right. The dress is a large target.

Turnips hurt PK Missle...it's so abusable. You have to aim just right. (steep angles)

I would say, in my experience, the best course of action is to get her above you and dJc some Uairs.

The Parasol is such a predictable recovery...you can Flash her too.

Hmmm....

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yep, Peach is my enemy nro. 1.
I just hate playing against her... she seems to DI out od PK fire quite quick and be able to Nair me :(
However, sparkles and upsmash (!) gives me hope :)
since peach is qutie light and floaty it´s sometimes good to dashdance into a yoyo.
Oh and Nessbounder seems to think Ness is pretty good at using turnips. Cathing them in air seems to be a good idea.

speed and range are usually my only advantages here... gotta use ´em :D

dan smith

Smash Champion
Turnips are cool...tru dat.

I had to practice with items to remember how to catch things in the air.

The turnip problem isn't so much catching them as much as it is being hit with them whenever you try and pull off your recovery.

RyokoYaksa

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Ness is hideously easy for Peach to edge guard if he has to use PK Thunder. If Peach doesn't feel like hitting you out again she can just float right into your PK Thunder, take the hit and float back as you fall to your death.

dan smith

Smash Champion
Psyche out.

You could try and psyche the Peach out using PSI Magnet...

I've got nothing.

DAAMN YOU PEACH!!!

KAAAAHN!!!!

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
When in doubt, practice......practice practice practice practice practice practice practice practicepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepracticepractice
practicepracticepractice

practice=me PowerShielding/reflecting everything!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I'm gonna do it...I swear...

Glide

Smash Ace
Believe it or not, I've seen a guy who could powershield with about 85% consistency.... Pretty devestating against a Falco.

EDIT: Christ; I just realized how obvious that statement is.

The Cape

Smash Master
Originally posted by Glide
Believe it or not, I've seen a guy who could powershield with about 85% consistency.... Pretty devestating against a Falco.

EDIT: Christ; I just realized how obvious that statement is.
Thats Zulu isnt it?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
O_o zulu? where did that come from? It really could be anybody, but I doubt he meant zulu, because i doubt he's ever seen zulu play.

VilNess

Smash Champion
btw. If Peach is obviously going for eating the thunder when you´ve got no other choice to let her eat the thunder (in this case you couldn´t eitehr reverse thunder tailwhip thingie because yer so far away from stage) Then I suggest trying a PK flash!
might not even hit and you´ll die certainly but it´ll look cool if you hit with it :D

Spare your 2nd jump and use it wisely... it´s all you´ve got against this peach when recovering...

dan smith

Smash Champion
PSing

My friend Antx power sheilds with high accuracy. Higher than myself at least.

By ducking to PS...you can do it very easily anyway.

Flashing Peach, not only sounds hilarious, but also works suprisingly well.

Are there anymore Ness playas? PLAYAS!!

I am so tired....

Glide

Smash Ace
Actually, not Zulu. Some local guy who plays pretty scrubby, but has timing down pat. Amazing stuff. I crush him easily, but he can powershield. That's pretty weird.

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Well I main with Samus but Ness is my second. So if you want to throw me on that list go ahead. Ottawa, IL - Real name Drew.

Earthbound rules! (shameless plug for an awesome game)

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah Earthbound all the way!
I should prolly try earthbound zero sometimes... if I can find it :)

not to kill this topic...
Maybe we should discuss who is a good 2nd char with Ness?

I (and Simna) Use Doctor Mario.
+He is a well-rounded allround guy who doesn´t lack in coolness at all!

+does enough well against Sheiks, Peaches and Foxes, which are
some of Ness harder matchups.

+learning curve isn´t that hard, but you should know how to WD in almost everysituation (after aerial, pill, WD+something groundwise etc.) ...though there are some very advanced doc strategies..

-Marf. He is at advantage (though not much) against doc, which is one of Ness´ harder matchups

(-) Link. Can be a pain in the *** for both Ness and doc if the link is good and knows he is at projectile and range advantage.

IMO

you should post who do you have backup char for Ness and why

Matunas

I'm a monster!
BRoomer
NNID
Matunas
Donkey anyone?

I would have to go with DK.

+ His air game is just as good. DK uses very similar moves to keep the aerial juggles going.

+ His throws are just as good. Excpept his down throw. Man that move sucks.

+ He is another character you can have fun mind games with.
DK Taunt Tatics

- He doesn't really have better match ups against Ness's bad ones.

- If you took all that time to learn Ness you're going to have to spend a decent amount of time to become good with DK.

Sorry I couldn't be more specific. Still have a lot to learn. :)

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Woot! DK!

WARU!!! Actually, I play pretty much everyone, and I'm just now learning Ness, so I wouldn't exactly know who could be a good compliment to him.

I actually think Fox would be pretty good. I'm not just saying that cuz he's the best char in the game, but he and Ness are similar in many aspects. They're two of the fastest chars in the game, they both like to intercept or counter people at any time. (out of sheild attacks, shine, b/n/uair for Ness) I'm sure Mow could help me out here, and say a lot more tan I could lol. Oh and one more thing: MoFo; he uses Fox and Ness. :p

VilNess

Smash Champion
Yeah, it´s quite obvious that if we start looking for a best char with Ness we´d end up with top tiers.

So I take that vote on DK as a very good one! though I prefer Bowser out of the big guys (not with Ness though, but he does enough good in against some of his bad matchups, like Peach... and in PAL possibly even sheik, due to the lack of good throw combos, not that bowser has advantage but it´s not gonna be total pwn)

keep ´em coming :)

Sintenal

Ostin
BRoomer
i personally i dont like Ness in teams at all. For me, he doesnt cover ground fast enough to back up his partner. Plus, since sheiks and marths are so frequent in teams, i dotn think ness is really a wise choice. I use Luigi personally in teams, but i have used ness a little bit before in teams. I personally like having floaty characters such as Jpuff and Peach if i do use ness in teams

dan smith

Smash Champion
Antx eats poop.

I play Zelda as my second.

She isn't very similar to Ness...which is great! I don't want to play too similar characters.

I played some Doc yesterday....Doc isn't that hard to pickup...

I might give him a try as my third...but I dunno...

VilNess

Smash Champion
WOAH! someone here starts trashtalkinn´ bout a Dan´s Ness...
or anyone elses :D
Man we Nessmen are so different we want to help each other yeah! no fancy bullpoop talk NONO!
yeah keep ´em coming. So I thin playing Ness gives you much benefit in SSBM becuase ness getsd so **** fun to play I mean C´mon a little KID from ONETT!" YEAH! MAN YEAH!
Neess peepel help each other LIKE ANOTHER comminity! OF HAAPPY PEEPELK! YTEAH!

ok sorry it´s new years eve and i´ve taken a few :p
but Ness still rocks!

doc isn´t hard but man like everyone WELSE he has´some advasnced ****e going opn on him. try shorthopping +WDfalling (no Fastfalling!) bairchains... hard at first bu **** usable to get someone off the STAGWE! YTEAH!

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Man, I hope to God that you get a chance to come to the US (or heck even Texas) or that I get a chance to go to Finland soemtime. XD

dan smith

Smash Champion
Haha drunk VilNess...

Don't mind Antx insulting me...he dosen't actually play Ness. We Ness ditto'd once a while back, he had the crazy thought in his head that Ness was an easy character to pick up. I three stocked him! The first time I had done that in a while.

He's good...with Marth...and Dk I guess.

VilNess

Smash Champion
Well don´t mind my previous post. I just returned from my cousins house and we had a little fun there :D

but it´s true though about those bairchains even with doc. they work!

US or even texas, Lol :) I actually have been in texas when I was 10 years old... I lived there for 1+1/2 years with our family

edit: you have a nice banner... I wonder how much HP Ness has regained so far...

VilNess

Smash Champion
aww you took it too seriously. My point was that for how long has the samus been shooting those beams at Ness :p
but you changed your banner back, so...

dan smith

Smash Champion
Don't worry about it.

I changed my banne because I like this one the best...

When I am bored with this one I switch it up...

Top Bottom