• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness in Doubles

PK Slap

Smash Cadet
Hey i've just been wondering.

Who is probably the best partner for Ness in Doubles. What do most people use, what is usually successful, and what you know from personal experience. :confused:

PK Slap

Smash Cadet
I've heard this before.. and his bucket was mentioned... Did you pick him just because he compliments Ness well or can we actually fill his bucket when on a team with him. If i recall correctly when i was on a team with G&W i couldn't fill his bucket because my moves dont hit him (We're on same team...) Tell me if I am just wrong because this was quite a while ago and i was most likely doing something wrong because im a noob:psycho:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
G&W, Falco, and Pika are probably our best partners. After that any good character is good lol.... Oh, Pit is good too.

Ah that would be the problem. How does one turn that on? lol
Change Rules -> Additional Options -> Team Attack: On

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Does everyone forget Lucas?

I would go in order from best to worst,

meta knight.... Lol not.
g&w
zss
Lucas
pika
fox/falco
lucario
people with energy attacks.

Uffe

Smash Hero
ViceGrip teams with a ZSS main, FadedImage, I've teamed up with my brother, though there was a lack of energy intake on my part. We still got very far, though. Lucas does work, but I wouldn't really recommend teaming up with him, though proAPC did team up with a Ness main. I'm not sure how far they got, though. I think they got second, or I must've been dreaming. My friend teams up with a Lucario main.

PK Slap

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm done here but i guess if people want you can discuss general Ness doubles strategies and stuff.

RoyTheFlamboyant

Smash Journeyman
I like Pika as a teammate. But Pikachu is just kind of ridiculously awesome in general, haha.

But my main teams partner plays Lucas and we're not terrible. We seem to have a good idea of how the other one plays, so it's a lot easier for us to see an opportunity to set up for team combos and just pull ******** crap in general.

Beyond that, I can't really argue for one character or another. Good luck, PK Slap!

Uffe

Smash Hero
Up B and uair from GAW can save you many times lol
It saved me. I can't remember how I got where I was, but my teammate was G&W and he fell off the stage and used his up B which pushed me back up on the stage. :laugh:

Top Bottom