• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness is out: Come and help those in denial...

Fawriel

Smash Master
Aaah, I just remembered him as rather laid back and civil from the early days of the Up Until Now Wars. Might be mistaken, since I stopped checking back after the first few decades of senseless stalemates. =P

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Troll's don't apologize.

Anyone who came into the Ness support thread and only posted negative insults, and self-proclaimed facts saying Ness was out over and over again.. is essentially a troll.

I'm just sorry people didn't believe us, they could have saved themselves the embarrassment.

:ness: : Guess whose back?

TheGlitchMaster

Smash Lord
i want to come over and applaud all of the apoligisers. personally, i thought up until now meant up until now..... maybe it means "he's in"....no when mom says "is you're brother inside?" i'll say "up until now"

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Ness was deconfirmed in Brawl Up Until Now. ;)

Just kidding. I'm glad he's back. (Excuse me if there's any double post, this forum is running slow on me x.x)

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Aaah, I just remembered him as rather laid back and civil from the early days of the Up Until Now Wars. Might be mistaken, since I stopped checking back after the first few decades of senseless stalemates. =P
In the beginning he was civil, but he was always illogical in his arguments (so he may have been right, but he was right for the wrong reasons, which deserves no more respect then being wrong).

Towards the end however, he and others started calling everyone who disagreed with Ness "trolls", prompting me to make a rather comprehensive post against this tactic, the whole thing is a few pages back.

Troll's don't apologize.

Anyone who came into the Ness support thread and only posted negative insults, and self-proclaimed facts saying Ness was out over and over again.. is essentially a troll.
Again, you seem dead-set on redefining troll so it can be applicable to even innucuous actions.

STOP, you're just proving my point.

Anyway, in conclusion: NESS!

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
In the beginning he was civil, but he was always illogical in his arguments (so he may have been right, but he was right for the wrong reasons, which deserves no more respect then being wrong).

Towards the end however, he and others started calling everyone who disagreed with Ness "trolls", prompting me to make a rather comprehensive post against this tactic, the whole thing is a few pages back.

Again, you seem dead-set on redefining troll so it can be applicable to even innucuous actions.

STOP, you're just proving my point.

Anyway, in conclusion: NESS!
The only thing you posted was all the facts that the supports of Ness made in his defense, and while I won't say I had the best facts I will say I had alot that made sense to most of the other supporters.. whether you agreed or not is your opinion.

But don't go around saying I went attacking people for saying Ness won't be in because I avoided doing that very well.

and Clearly your views on what is a troll, are different from mine.

but yeah, Ness!

EPX2

Smash Ace
I must say, it feels great to have proof that I was right in saying that "Up until now" meant nothing. :)

Pluvia's other account

Smash Master
I was arguing that Ness was still in long after everyone thought he wasn't.

I stopped after Lucas' moveset update though, as that pretty much seemed to be the final nail on the coffin for Ness.

I guess I was wrong. :)

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Hurray for Ness, I was always skeptical about people jumping to him being out so quickly but oh well. Hopefully he'll have a new-moveset more akin to his Earthbound self like constantly wielding his bat instead of fist-fighting.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
The only thing you posted was all the facts that the supports of Ness made in his defense, and while I won't say I had the best facts I will say I had alot that made sense to most of the other supporters.. whether you agreed or not is your opinion.
You had no facts, you had feelings and you attempted to warp the meanings of words to fit your agenda.

The ONLY reason why you were correct in your conclusion was because the Japanese site is cannon, not the American one, and the words on the American site were a bad translation, if the American site was cannon, then that would've been a deconfirmation, plain and simple.

But don't go around saying I went attacking people for saying Ness won't be in because I avoided doing that very well.
Calling somebody a troll IS a personal attack...

and Clearly your views on what is a troll, are different from mine.
Perhaps, but when you're using words in a manner that doesn't match up with the accepted definition of a word, you must clearly state how you define it, and any appropriate differences, otherwise you will be called on twisting it.

As was mentioned by a few others, you were using the word "troll" differently, and you did not follow these steps.

Since the important difference between your usage of the term and the generally held usage is that your usage doesn't have the "ungoodness" connotation which is normally applied to "troll", it's useless as a categorization of poor performance by a poster (as I pointed out, repetitive arguments aren't necessarily bad), which you attempted to use it as.

So, essentially, you leached off the common definition without actually being required to support the assertions required by it, by redefining it.

Perhaps you didn't realize that other people didn't have this understanding of "troll", I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. But you must understand the common reasoning and recognize that it's not a word to be taken lightly. If you intend to use your definition further in spite of this, clearly assert your definition, if you don't do that then somebody WILL call you on twisting the meaning to cast disrepute on your opponent in the debate, like I did.

But in Conclusion: Still NESS!

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just remember folks, this doesn't mean he's confirmed, just VERY VERY likely. We still aren't sure what the icons mean, but it stands to reason that they're the characters the sticker can be equipped to.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
Too bad for him that I will get the last laugh especially when it's clear that Ness is deconfirmed.

I will wait till Smash Dojo confirms Ness as an AT or as Lucas's pallette (if they even want to do that). Afterwards, I will be decorating this thread with as many You FAIL pics as I can find.
Yeah, so, just for the record dude:

YOU FAIL!

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
HEHE...this topics creator is a failure. It's either the sandman or luke groundwalker, isn't it=??? XD
No grim lizard made this topic, and originally it was a Ness support thread. If you look at all of the initial discussion it started way back in August before any of the major controversy. And if you look at grim's original post you'll notice it was last edited just after the whole "up until now" debacle. He turned against us, changed the topic title, and thus shamed himself forever.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No grim lizard made this topic, and originally it was a Ness support thread. If you look at all of the initial discussion it started way back in August before any of the major controversy. And if you look at grim's original post you'll notice it was last edited just after the whole "up until now" debacle. He turned against us, changed the topic title, and thus shamed himself forever.
To be fair, not everyone knows Japanese, if you just look at the English, it looks like Ness was deconfirmed and if the English was cannon, it would be right.

Only a select few took the time to look at the Japanese site and realized "hey, wait, the Japanese site says something completely different, what the heck is going on"?

So, let's not pass judgment, except on the people who actually participated in the debate and were told the difference between the Japanese and English versions, and still believed Ness was deconfirmed by the update.

Cyrlous

Smash Apprentice
To be fair, not everyone knows Japanese, if you just look at the English, it looks like Ness was deconfirmed and if the English was cannon, it would be right.

Only a select few took the time to look at the Japanese site and realized "hey, wait, the Japanese site says something completely different, what the heck is going on"?

So, let's not pass judgment, except on the people who actually participated in the debate and were told the difference between the Japanese and English versions, and still believed Ness was deconfirmed by the update.
Oh, I agree with you that not everyone who bought into the "up until now" thing was a troll or hater, but there were a LOT of trolls and haters nonetheless and you can always spot them a mile away. As for my comments about grim lizard, I was more irritated by how he originally was so pro-Ness and then he very quickly leaped onto the haters bandwagon just because it seemed like the more popular thing at the time. I'm not a big fan of fickleness myself.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
So what are the chances of Luke actually posting in any of these Ness threads again?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I hoped he was a goner...
I wanted either Lucas or Ness to be playable but not both. They basically occupy the exact same roles in their respective games and unless Ness is given a completely new moveset, he's going to end up being a semi-clone and that's just horrifically unimaginative on the developers part. I would have much preferred Claus to be the second Mother rep.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Problem with that is that the original poster is permanently banned. =P

I guess you'll either need to make a new thread, or ask a mod to change the name.

EDIT: Since I was a few seconds late, I'll save this post from adding absolutely nothing to the thread by including this picture of a cat.

Aren't you glad.

JoJoRukus

Smash Apprentice
Ness seems likely, and having a new moveset would be pretty awesome for his specials at least (since Lucas seems to dedicate more standard attacks to PSI stuff), but imagine that the "leaked" character images in the video were in fact from an early variation of the game where Ness was going to be playable, but then was cut! MWahaha, go eat your breakfast. :D

The Kirby Kong

Smash Journeyman

"Up until now" is only an indication that something has been going on up to a certain point.
In no way does it imply that a certain action stops after that point.

Seriously, you guys still can't accept this fact? How sad. :\

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Heres some stuff we can look back on and laugh.

finallark said:
... I hate fanboys, that's all I have to say.

Seriously, how did you get this insane idea that's he has chance right after it said, right on the Dojo that he's out?

Go ahead, try to twist words to fit your set minds but you are all going to be say boys when the full roster is shown.
jackal478 said:
This thread is completely pointless to me. Ness was deconfirmed, replaced, i dont see how you guys cant except it
Wu Tang Gang said:
You are ******** for being this oblivious. It clearly says, "Up until now, Ness will not be in Brawl(or something of that nature)", in the Lucas Special Move update.
Meta Sonic64 said:
*holds up a Ness Fails sign in DB's face* Oh and on the back it has Sakurai laughing with the words DECORNFIRMATION going across. Would you like to see? lol

DB's catchphrase: Failure for Brawl!!!
hollabackryu said:
u ppl r the worst ppl ive seen around here denial FTL you all fail
:laugh:

Top Bottom