• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Play Styles~ How effective is yours?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I don't play Snakes too often surprisingly. I need to AiB ladder more.
you haven't been going to any IL tourneys then....

Akashi
grimace (I think...)
Ally (that one tournament and kirk's once)

also, snake is supah common. how you not do it?!?!?

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
My play style is super aggressive ledge playing losing.
It's not very effective, especially since it's what Ness is worst with, but it sure is fun : D

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I only saw "its not very effective...."

Then i went back to pokemon....

My playstyle has shifted slightly. when I went back to brawling on friday, I had a more "punish the minimal holes in playing" type of strategy. I kept back for a majority of a match, then pushed an attack at just the right moment. taking into consideration the fact that I have an extremely quick trained-reaction time, this style is greatly beneficial to me...

also, every time I used dtilt (except once) it tripped my opponent..... EVERY SINGLE TIME!!! all from the same distance, because I've trained myself to using that set distance for dtilt. Also, there were two trips from behind me, due to slight behind hitbox. on the edge of the dtilt hitbox, trips are common as well.
^ that was at my friends house, btw.
EDIT: I also got back to melee, and I did much better than before. I actually beat my friend's falcon, although he mains marth. ganon is my only good character so far. :( I can't use ness because of his oddities in DJC.... its not like it is difficult to use, but I just can't space properly with the difference between brawl and melee fair/bair/uair/nair.....

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Yeah Snakes agree the MU's 55-45 Snake
but that hasn't been officially stated lol.
And it's not because Snake can easily grab Ness, it's because of the GR Snake has on Ness.

I actually argued once that the MU was in Ness' favor 55-45 Ness lol no I think I said 60:40Ness lol. Idk but I was really sure that Ness won the MU lol.

But we can't say so yet. Ik I main Ness. And for a while I ONLY Mained Ness. Now I main Him and use other characters. However Snake is 1 of my fav. MU's for Ness.
Alot of Ness matchups are so underated. Alot of characters think they can do certain things to Ness because he is easy to beat because you can do this and that to him.

I only think the fact that it is snake and Ness has a hard time killing snake and the small grab release problem keeps this matchup from being 50-50.

Some play styles I posted seem effective vs Snake.

Pk Style:

I've seen some dumb ways of snakes trying to blow their way out of Pk fire with nades. Lol extra damage for them.
Cypher out of pk fire. Lolwut. Easy Punish.
Ness Second jump makes him able to camp Snake back to me.
Pk Jump(the pk fire tech) seems liek a pretty nice way to keep snake from hitting you with nades.
Also making pk thunder circles.

If you be creatively diffrent and try to keep from getting punished your a happy camper.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Alot of Ness matchups are so underated. Alot of characters think they can do certain things to Ness because he is easy to beat because you can do this and that to him.

I only think the fact that it is snake and Ness has a hard time killing snake and the small grab release problem keeps this matchup from being 50-50.

Some play styles I posted seem effective vs Snake.

Pk Style:

I've seen some dumb ways of snakes trying to blow their way out of Pk fire with nades. Lol extra damage for them.
Cypher out of pk fire. Lolwut. Easy Punish.
Ness Second jump makes him able to camp Snake back to me.
Pk Jump(the pk fire tech) seems liek a pretty nice way to keep snake from hitting you with nades.
Also making pk thunder circles.

If you be creatively diffrent and try to keep from getting punished your a happy camper.

I totally agree w/ you.

People think they know the MU w/ Ness just because he was once low tier. Ness goes even if not better w/ a lot of characters depending on how he's played. I mean Look @ Fatal. He lost to MiB @ that 1 big tourney. I hear he made the guy cry. Snake vs Ness MU is a very Even/close MU.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree w/ you.

People think they know the MU w/ Ness just because he was once low tier. Ness goes even if not better w/ a lot of characters depending on how he's played. I mean Look @ Fatal. He lost to MiB @ that 1 big tourney. I hear he made the guy cry. Snake vs Ness MU is a very Even/close MU.
Yes. Ness can play many diffrent ways on certain characters. He has more unique moves that some other characters.

I say if you have the tools execute them the way you feel is best.

_clinton

Smash Master
I for one don't mind playing Marth at all, but maybe it is because I know everything about that match.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I for one don't mind playing Marth at all, but maybe it is because I know everything about that match.
Defensive marths will fairly easily beat you, even with matchup knowledge. my friend plays an extraordinarily defensive marth, and i can't seem to beat him a majority of the time.

I bet if any of us fought mikeHAZE in a brawl match, we would all get our ***es rocked.... 'cept a select few, aka vice, shaky, smash64, barto, ....... I know barto has marth experience because of mr. r or whatever his name is, but not sure about the other 3. but it would be difficult to win. VERY difficult.

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
Defensive marths will fairly easily beat you, even with matchup knowledge. my friend plays an extraordinarily defensive marth, and i can't seem to beat him a majority of the time.

I bet if any of us fought mikeHAZE in a brawl match, we would all get our ***es rocked.... 'cept a select few, aka vice, shaky, smash64, barto, ....... I know barto has marth experience because of mr. r or whatever his name is, but not sure about the other 3. but it would be difficult to win. VERY difficult.
Marths retreating Fairs are hard to punish for some characters. Thats how he is defensive. For the most part his best thing to do is fair. Fair can be punished. Or just step back. Same thing for Gnw

Ness can usmash oos Game and watch bair.
Idk if ness can do that to Marths Fair.
I would just step back and abuse Ness huge dash grab range at the right time.
Yea. Ness can get rid of Marths best move its just really hard...
I wonder did BigLou do this or somthing diffrent when he played MikeHaze

Also lol Mr.R makes Marth manly. He changed his Name from Martha to Marthan

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
omg mr r plays marth so beautifully
I know. He made me pick up Marth last summer like 3 times in a row just from watching his videos. His marth is like omg smart and stylish at the same time. I think he would be near top of tournaments if he came to USA like some other players.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lol Mr.r. He's a very good player and I almost feel complimented when I hear of his name. He was the very first Marth player I ever played on wifi. When I first got on brawl I used wifi a whole lot to get used to the game and gain friends. He was like the first Wifi Marth I played. He taught me the MU w/ Marth pretty well back on N-play. Then everyone left that site because it died and next thing you know he was like 14th on Ladder and best Marth in the Uk. lol I was like whoa

Bartolon

Smash Lord
He doesn't live in the UK...
He lives in the Netherlans lol ;P
He's best Marth of Europe now =P
And he doesn't play wi-fi with marth anymore, and there is a fake Mr.R on AiB xDDD

Mr-R

Smash Champion
lol Mr.r. He's a very good player and I almost feel complimented when I hear of his name. He was the very first Marth player I ever played on wifi. When I first got on brawl I used wifi a whole lot to get used to the game and gain friends. He was like the first Wifi Marth I played. He taught me the MU w/ Marth pretty well back on N-play. Then everyone left that site because it died and next thing you know he was like 14th on Ladder and best Marth in the Uk. lol I was like whoa
omfg its miles!
we go waaaay back mayn XD

milesg2g

Smash Champion
He doesn't live in the UK...
He lives in the Netherlans lol ;P
He's best Marth of Europe now =P
And he doesn't play wi-fi with marth anymore, and there is a fake Mr.R on AiB xDDD

ahh, ic. I always get those 2 mixed up for some reason lol. GP gets mad @ me when I do lol

omfg its miles!
we go waaaay back mayn XD
sop men

....I love you <3
You don't love me men? lol jk jk

Mr-R

Smash Champion
actually I've gone bye with the TAG Mr.R AND MR-R
most likely every match of me on youtube with Mr.R/Mr-R in it is me.
there's just this annoying guy on aib who's faking to be me xD

oOTjayOo

Smash Apprentice
For Aireal users im going to make a video of Gimping using ness aireals and how to be safe with it.
For the pk users im going to make Gimping with pk moves.
Coming soon.

-Edit- Actually nvm xD. I saw a thread bartolon already gona do that

Top Bottom