• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness should be banned

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Uhm.... I bolded the part that you are supporting me with. I hope you understood what I said? Because you are agreeing with me.

Get ***** both your logics.
So, Puffball64 said that Tyrant had no excuse for letting Ness back on the stage. This is what you bolded, which meant you're agreeing with Puffball64, or you're saying that Puffball64 is agreeing with you. So, Tyrant had no excuses. Tell me then, SuSa, Why are you making up excuses for Tyrant? You said you were going to john for Tyrant.

"A John is an excuse for losing, missing a recovery, being hit by an attack, or any number of unfavorable events in Smash. It is a statement or action that detracts from the validity or quality of a competition (or its implied significance), irrespective of truth." (John - SmashWiki)

:ohwell:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
LOL. And here I was thinking Ness couldn't hang with Meta at high levels of play. I wish I could've seen the match as it happened.

Now I feel I should to change my signature to "Apprentice of FOW". And I don't even know the dude. Well played, FOW. Well played.

I agree with SuSa about the "beauty of low tiers", though, and I'm not sure if you can really call it a "john". By the nature of the tournament scene people like us are used to matchups against higher ups, and we will always have that element of surprise against them because our character is relatively rare. But at the same it isn't fair to take anything from FOW's victory, which I don't intend to do at all. It was no luck that he beat Tyrant.

I do believe this is going on my Favorite Threads of All Time list.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
for those that cant read all of this, let me translate

johns john johnny john john john jiggity jiggity juan juan john john johnny juan SUPER JOHN BATJOHN WONDER WOJUAN

Jiggity juan juan john.

low tiers are low for a reason, they are bad, you dont need more than two stocks to figure out how to fight a ganon, ivysaur or a ness..

no johns GTFO of here, you scrub muffin. dont make excuses for bad people

I liked you better when you weren't an idiot. You should try to learn how to read.

I also LOL @ you calling Tyrant bad. When you start beating him, let me know. Ok?

So, Puffball64 said that Tyrant had no excuse for letting Ness back on the stage. This is what you bolded, which meant you're agreeing with Puffball64, or you're saying that Puffball64 is agreeing with you. So, Tyrant had no excuses. Tell me then, SuSa, Why are you making up excuses for Tyrant? You said you were going to john for Tyrant.

"A John is an excuse for losing, missing a recovery, being hit by an attack, or any number of unfavorable events in Smash. It is a statement or action that detracts from the validity or quality of a competition (or its implied significance), irrespective of truth." (John - SmashWiki)

:ohwell:
I was stating that Tyrant didn't know the matchup. If he did, he wouldn't have had let Ness get back on the stage (where he stands a better chance against MK). Or he would've played a lot more like M2K (who did beat FOW with MK)

Basically a Metaknight needs to play a bit more defensive and campy on Ness?
A Meta Night needs to do what M2K did.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
...... he'd better not be banned, or else i quit brawl! And why would anyone even bring up the idea of banning him? (may be repeating what i said earlier, but oh well) I don't think anyone in the game should be banned at all! you can secondary a character to counter or switch stuff up. basically all higher tiers can be beaten with skill, but no low tier should even be considered for banning.

xoxokev

Smash Lord
ness counters metaknight. let's just leave it at that.

p.s. i've known this from the very beginning. LOL @ j4pu for not believing me

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero

I liked you better when you weren't an idiot. You should try to learn how to read.

you should learn how to NOT JOHN.

especially not for other people.

I also LOL @ you calling Tyrant bad. When you start beating him, let me know. Ok?
I dont have to beat him, A 13 YEAR OLD NESS PLAYER DID IT FOR ME!

A Meta Night needs to do what M2K did.
lose to FOW in friendlies?

^^
yes that actually happened

In other news, I heard tyrant also came DANGEROUSLY close to losing to one our more mediocre sonics...

sry kin...

also its not that ness counters MK
ness just counters tyrant...

LOL

swordsaint

Smash Master
Link me to these m2k vs FOW matches? I'd like to learn the match up a bit more with Metaknight. Though even if I see how m2k plays FOW that's all I see really. FOW and the guy who beat me might play Ness entirely different. =(

Crystanium

Smash Hero
I was stating that Tyrant didn't know the matchup. If he did, he wouldn't have had let Ness get back on the stage (where he stands a better chance against MK). Or he would've played a lot more like M2K (who did beat FOW with MK)
It doesn't take match-up experience to gimp a character like Ness. You should probably stop johning for Tyrant. He lost. Whether or not he has the match-up experience against Ness is irrelevant right now. I'm glad that Tyrant isn't the one johning, because at the end of the day, the winner wins and the loser loses. Making up excuses doesn't change anything.

smash64

Smash Champion
It doesn't take match-up experience to gimp a character like Ness. You should probably stop johning for Tyrant. He lost. Whether or not he has the match-up experience against Ness is irrelevant right now. I'm glad that Tyrant isn't the one johning, because at the end of the day, the winner wins and the loser loses. Making up excuses doesn't change anything.
thank you

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Susa, are you serious? To not let Ness get back to the stage, jump into the PKT.

That's why every MU against Ness is 70:30 or better.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
dont think there are any vids up yet, or if there will be, but you should really better be able to see the tyrant match in a couple days

SuSa

Link me to these m2k vs FOW matches? I'd like to learn the match up a bit more with Metaknight. Though even if I see how m2k plays FOW that's all I see really. FOW and the guy who beat me might play Ness entirely different. =(
IIRC M2K doesn't like his matches being recorded and chances are they weren't.

you should learn how to NOT JOHN.
especially not for other people
I dont have to beat him, A 13 YEAR OLD NESS PLAYER DID IT FOR ME!

lose to FOW in friendlies?
yes that actually happened
In other news, I heard tyrant also came DANGEROUSLY close to losing to one our more mediocre sonics...
sry kin...
also its not that ness counters MK
ness just counters tyrant...
LOL

Being 13 years old has very little to do with being able to play a video game competitively. That's about the age I started Melee (and beating everyone in small local 10-15~ people tournaments)

Before you call someone a bad player, how about you play them yourself? I'll stop johning for other people if you stop letting other people make your decisions for another persons playing skill.

So M2K lost to FOW in friendlies? I heard he beat him in tournament. Want to know why? Chances are M2K changed how he played. Something that Tyrant wasn't able to do.

Almost losing != losing

I'm not saying FOW isn't a good/great player. I'm simply stating all this BS about Ness vs MK is... well BS. This seems to happen whenever a non-Snake gets close to beating MK.

When Squirtle (PT) almost beat/did beat a MK, suddenly the matchup is 50:50! (Typh beat Tyrant and lost to M2K, amirite? I may have the wrong PT main... lol)

When Fiction went up against M2K, Wario vs MK. Now that matchup is 50:50 or a counter?

When **** starts to regularly happen I'll believe it.

EDIT:

Dryn, you are entirely missing my point. Yes, props to FOW for beating Tyrant. Nice job. Doesn't really change change the matchup.

swordsaint

Smash Master
You do need match-up experience to gimp Ness. Saying you don't have match-up experience means you weren't knowledgeable enough to win. Knowledge is power and power is skill. So basically we're saying we're not good enough. Read back a little, I got second in a tourney yesterday for my state where a Ness got first. His Ness had it over my Metaknight for the most part. Both sets went to the last match but he pulled the win.

The thing is, Ness can mix things up with his recovery and can space or out prioritise a Metaknight who isn't knowledgeable in the match up. We're not johning it, just merely stating the he wasn't good enough and needs to revise his theory.

SuSa

For those who aren't understanding my whole argument:

Props to FOW for beating Tyrant. Mad skill man, keep it up.
Tyrant, go out and learn the god**** matchup or play safer.

/end

EDIT:

And if the matchup is actually 60:40, winning shouldn't mean THAT much. 60:40 is barely a soft counter. Yah, I understand "lol a low/mid tier char beat a top tier!" but tiers != matchups. I also understand who Tyrant is, and its awesome FOW beat him. I just think this whole thing is going a little to far and is overall sort of stupid.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
susa is dumb for even taking this thread seriously....

how does the person johning for the other guy whose lost taking this seriously after i said what are ness mains doing with their lives that they cant do as well as this random 13 year old from vegas. and NONE of them got upset...

thats sad, that the people that Im trying to upset arent getting upset, when some random that doesnt isnt even part of this starts johning for people.

wow, this thread is even lulzier than I intended it to be

quit life

swordsaint

Smash Master
So you try to upset people on internet forums because you don't have the god **** balls to do it in person?
Where's your life K.I.D.? Where's yours? :p

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
how does the person johning for the other guy whose lost taking this seriously after i said what are ness mains doing with their lives that they cant do as well as this random 13 year old from vegas. and NONE of them got upset...
Ness mains aren't capable of getting upset, hence why we play a terribad character that loses a stock simply because someone jumped above him.

Some people here really are taking this too seriously, though.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
So you try to upset people on internet forums because you don't have the god **** balls to do it in person?
It's the only thing he's capable of doing in person.

Besides losing in brawl.

Oh yeah, post #22 won this thread and no one should have even bothered posting after it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The boy FOW turned his swag on like Soulja Boy

He hopped up out the screeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen

Turned his swag onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Did a lil bit of % and said whats up

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Back Throooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww
Extremely late, but that was amazing. Soulja Boy still sucks though.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
agreed

i jsut watched FOW beat M2K.

once again, if you play ness, and i havent heard of you, (only nesses i know are Fow and ref) step your game up

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Fow is good at this game.

:093:

Uffe

Smash Hero
FOW beat M2K just a while ago. It was actually a pretty good match yet short.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I wish I could've beat Tyrant, but I got way too predictable with iSDr on YIs.

Oh well though, good @#$% to FOW, way to rep Vegas baby.

Uffe

Smash Hero
FOW got 4th in single, I believe. He said he was too tired to play, so there most likely won't be any matches of FOW tonight or later on. It'd be great if someone recorded the match between him and Tyrant, though.

Uffe

Smash Hero
He mains Ness, obviously. He uses Olimar, Ice Climbers and Luigi. But I've only seen him use Ness. Especially at SIN, I'm pretty sure he went all Ness.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
We know ness doesn't hard counter MK.
We know that thw match-up won't change.
We're happy about how a Ness did in a tourney, hence the Ness board.
In conclusion: stfu quit johning and trying to ruin our happiness give fow props and move on, tier whores.

I hate people.

Good job FOW.

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I'm gonna watch this vid as I post in an awesome topic.

And Man of Popsicle, don't worry about it. We know Ness is awesome.

Top Bottom