• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness should be banned

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I don't really get it. A ness main does well against people who are really good. What really matters if this can be repeated. If it can't, oh well lol. It's nice that we finally have somebody good playing Ness that beats good people that isn't Ref.

What is it with 13 year olds and doing good with Ness? O_o

FightAdamantEevee

Smash Lord
I don't really get it. A ness main does well against people who are really good. What really matters if this can be repeated. If it can't, oh well lol. It's nice that we finally have somebody good playing Ness that beats good people that isn't Ref.

What is it with 13 year olds and doing good with Ness? O_o
Idk. I'm 13 and pretty good with Ness o.o

Mackorony101

Smash Cadet
if you wanna know everything I'll just say it now

Foe is a really good player, although he's mostly really good vs MK compared to his other matchups. The first match I had with him he beat me last stock 150% on smashville and I was at 90%. He said he accidentally F smashed, but I accidentally drill rushed in front of him when I was trying to do up B. I counterpicked Delphino, won 2 stock high %, then he went FD, and I won 2 stock high %. That's the only match of the tourney I lost, since I 2-0d tyrant, 3-0d dsf, and 3-0d SK92, and 2-0d everyone else.

I beat Tyrant in a last-hit game on Battlefield, but I wouldn't say I got lucky because I did do 30 more damage than he did and I did get off the ledge instead of planking when I was up 2 stock to 1. He tried to plank in the last like ... I forget like... 20 seconds or so of the game but then I drill rushed to the edge then followed him to the bottom of the stage to Dair him. I guess it's kinda lucky, and the match was very even overall, but I defintiely think I deserved to win with the **** I had to pull outta my *** at the last second. He got frustrated from that, and then I ***** him badly on Yoshis Story and he quit out of it. It did not go to last game, he should not have won @ Bardull, I won both games fair and square. Just because it's close it means I should have lost? Seriously? No that's stupid.

Anyway from that point on he (Tyrant) was frustrated. He fought Foe on smashville, and had a good like 70 or 80% lead but then went for a glide attack and missed and then got spiked by Ness's Dair and got gimped. He went Delphino, and won a last hit game. On FD 3rd game, Foe Jv 2 stocked Tyrant, although I do think Tyrant was messing up more than usual.

Then later I played foe in 1 friendly and I was winning 30% to 50%, about to Dair his recovery and gimp him, but then I accidentally glided cuz I was holding X or something by accident and I got edge hogged and I ended up losing some random friendly because of that but who cares.

Foe also beat DSF in a close crew battle game, 3 stock to 3 Ness vs MK on FD, although it was last stock 100%+

Foe is a really good player, and definitely the best Ness (as well as only Ness that I know of)

that's everything you could want to know I think.
Is it just a mere coincidence that a lot of the players were doing "bad" at the same time?
Maybe not all of them were doing their best but they technically speaking are the best. It seems that there are johns backing up all these incredible players because they got beat by a "low tier". Maybe you guys should just admit to being beaten for once instead of throwing a lot of random crap like "I hit the wrong button" to keep your title and what not. I bet if all of you had the same fate with someone like NEO or NinjaLink you would agree that it was a good match and you played well.
Either way FOW is a great ness player and so what if he is 13?
Thats all I have to say

Levitas

the moon
You know, let's not all jump on M2K's back right now. It's a little bit past reasonable right now.

If twenty or thirty people asked you insistently why you got a c on your math exam, it wouldn't be very fun, would it?

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
What if you had a D in the class?

M2K do you still claw the buttons with your thumb on the cstick? If so that's like the only way you could accidentally glide because doesn't it take nigh on a full secod to initiate a glide?

Still though, no johns.

Levitas

the moon
What if you had a D in the class?
no johns, my point was not to go around harassing people like a bunch of morons. People lose from time to time, and the fact that so many people have nothing better to do than bother a legit player with this kind of crap is kind of immature IMO.

Why isn't FOW around, anyway?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
COULD SOMEONE JUST PLEASE POST THE ****ING MATCHES ALREADY!?!

Just because a good player loses to another good player with a different main doesn't mean it has to spark a ****ing debate about matchups or tier rank or bannings or something. Jesus Christ people, smash isn't that **** unbalanced that a low tier losing to a high tier needs a ****ing restructuring of the tier list. Meanwhile you guys have been talking about this stupid **** for like 8 pages now and NOBODY has posted vids.

I don't care how well Ness does against MK.
I don't care what you think about how well Ness does against MK.
I don't care about Ness or MK in general.

I JUST WANT TO SEE THE ****ING VIDEOS!! IS THAT SO GOD**** MUCH TO ASK!?!

levitas edit: big text hurts my eyes.
Gates edit: ^^I don't mean to tell you how to do your job but there is a lot of other stuff you could be taking care of in this thread than someone posting in large text. Until the flaming calms down and vids get up, you can just DEAL WITH IT

Chuee

Smash Hero
no johns, my point was not to go around harassing people like a bunch of morons. People lose from time to time, and the fact that so many people have nothing better to do than bother a legit player with this kind of crap is kind of immature IMO.

Why isn't FOW around, anyway?
FOW doesn't have a smashboards account. I think.

People stop saying "NO JOHNS". It's REALLY getting annoying now. M2K said that tyrant was angry before he played FOW so why not believe the person that was actually there. Smashers have days when they don't do as well and ones where they do exceptionally well. Remember Apex anybody?

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
I have a few questions myself:
  • Is name "FOW", like the majority of the thread describes, or "Foe" as M2K said.
  • How is he so good without having an SWF account?
  • Does he have an AiB account or something of the sort?
  • Does FOW/Foe use B-Stick?

FOW

Smash Rookie

I'm going to go ahead and john right now for Tyrant.

A) Tyrant may not know the Ness matchup.
B) Sk92 does, if FOW goes to SK92's tournaments I'm sure they've had a few brawls and have seen eachother play.

Ness may be a good character.
Tyrant may just not know the matchup.
SK92 ***** him something awful if my information is correct.

So Ness may **** MK but gets demolished by Falco?

That's the second possibility.
ness and falco is a bad matchup for ness u douche

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Ah, yes. The question of the day.

Maybe the problem for a lot of us here is that we get so caught up in walls of text, asinine debates over matchup ratios, and tiers that we forget the most important part: playing the game.

This site can be helpful but also somewhat counterintuitive in its excessiveness, perhaps.

Maybe we oughta do like FOW and just play the game.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?

Maybe the problem for a lot of us here is that we get so caught up in walls of text, asinine debates over matchup ratios, and tiers that we forget the most important part: playing the game.

This site can be helpful but also somewhat counterintuitive in its excessiveness, perhaps.

ness and falco is a bad matchup for ness u douche
I thought that was his account?

MariOwned

Neon Ness

Augh. He posted while I was making that long winded statement.

Sigh.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace

i suppose, but the advances in metagame made by a particular community, such as smash boards, cannot be learned by one person working alone. FOW might be good just because he's an excellent smash player, but knowing match-ups and character advantages/disadvantages helps out tremendously. Plus, how could he have found out about competitive smash tournaments without a sight like this?

Neon Ness

Lolol.

@ Matador: I would comment but no one has said anything false yet as far as I've seen. Subpar ground game, exploitable recovery, grab release flaws... They're all true. And I don't bother with Lucas vs. Ness anymore, it's a dead end argument.

Also your summary of the Marth matchup was frighteningly accurate. I think you know more about
than you let on. :laugh:

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
Lolol.

@ Matador: I would comment but no one has said anything false yet as far as I've seen. Subpar ground game, exploitable recovery, grab release flaws... They're all true. And I don't bother with Lucas vs. Ness anymore, it's a dead end argument.

Also your summary of the Marth matchup was frighteningly accurate. I think you know more about
than you let on. :laugh:
lol, after PKNintendo and our 3 matchup discussions? I HAD to do my research :laugh:

Still...I don't feel comfortable continuing with all these blank spots coming up. I really don't know enough about Ness to give the best answers to the questions on why he should move up.

...unless you guys think he shouldn't?

Uffe

Smash Hero
The douche is whoever took the name "FOW" so the actual FOW can't have it.

*shakes head*
That may very well be "FOW". I did show him this topic last night after all.

@ Kinzer towards what I said: It looks like you missed the point of what I said. Basically I was telling people who were being double douches to give FOW the credit he deserves and I had two others already agree with me.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
  • Is name "FOW", like the majority of the thread describes, or "Foe" as M2K said.
1: i think it's FOW, but maybe he put his name in wrong and it was Foe instead during the tournament... I don't know but I know his name is "FOW"
2 + 3: I think he might now... but he has an AiB account.
4: no clue

Levitas

the moon
In any event, lol at gates, there hasn't really been any flaming for this/the last page. If I see any, I'll handle it.

It's unfortunate that I was away over the bulk of the time this thread was here, and if you guys want me to read through the thread, I don't really mind addressing what I see.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Gates, there aren't any videos. There may never be any, either.

FOW is pronounced "foe". He's good because according to him, SK92 trained him. He does have an AiB account which is obviously found by typing "FOW". Does he he B-stick? Not to my knowledge. I doubt it.

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
So basically in this thread:

People are johning about M2K's loss OR giving FOW props for beating the best MK player around with Ness.

SuSa attempts to troll FOW because chances are FOW would 3stock him with random. How is that guy mod srsly?

FOW posted something funny.

Did I miss anything important?

Levitas

the moon
The part where the person most likely to actually be fow, which the odds of are pretty high btw, getting called out on taking fow's name immediately after he makes his first post.

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
The part where the person most likely to actually be fow, which the odds of are pretty high btw, getting called out on taking fow's name immediately after he makes his first post.
I guess I wanted it NOT to be FOW as I was pretty proud of his Brawl accomplishment and thought the post was a let-down for his first and only post on this topic. I guess he is just 13 though . . . I am more than twice his age. Actually at 29 I am probably the oldest person on SWF!

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
I guess I wanted it NOT to be FOW as I was pretty proud of his Brawl accomplishment and thought the post was a let-down for his first and only post on this topic. I guess he is just 13 though . . . I am more than twice his age. Actually at 29 I am probably the oldest person on SWF!
You know thats a real slap in the face to anyone that age. Thats like saying "o that post was stupid, but i guess he's IS only a 13 year old."

Also age has nothing to do with skill, i'd say once your about 11 and beyond you have the potential to be as good as anyone else. In melee i was 14 when i first played poeple older than me.(it was at school vs gd 12s etc.) i played a bunch of people older than me and destroyed them. My little cousin is 12 and he is pretty **** good right now at brawl, good to the point where he gives me a run evverytime i play him. Age has nothing to do with how good you are.

And no i doubt your the oldest person here. But props to ya for staying true to gaming:bigthumbu

Top Bottom