• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Tournament Results

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
From what I see a lot of Mario mainers tend to main Ness too.

Maybe we could work together to get both up the rankings, but how are we gonna do that?

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
From what I see a lot of Mario mainers tend to main Ness too.

Maybe we could work together to get both up the rankings, but how are we gonna do that?
Simple: Own at tournaments :D

Of course Im only using Ness and not Mario, so yeah.....

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Make Mario your secondary main then......unless you either have someone else or you don't have one at all.

And i don't think online tournies count.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Make Mario your secondary main then......unless you either have someone else or you don't have one at all.

And i don't think online tournies count.

I use Snake >_> but only for as a counter-pick.I kinda hate Sanke tho.... I use Ness in the first match, then if its a bad match up I use Snake, then I either use Ness again or use Snake again. I like using only 2 people...

no...online tourneys do not count. And I used Mario in Melee tho.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
I use Snake >_> but only for as a counter-pick.I kinda hate Sanke tho.... I use Ness in the first match, then if its a bad match up I use Snake, then I either use Ness again or use Snake again. I like using only 2 people...

no...online tourneys do not count. And I used Mario in Melee tho.
I hate Snake too cause of the U-Smash slide.
Also even though my sig says it I don't use Lucario that much :ohwell:.

EDIT: Nevermind I updated my sig.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
I hate Snake too cause of the U-Smash slide.
Also even though my sig says it I don't use Lucario that much :ohwell:.
I dont use the "mortar slide" Its kinda hard to do. I should mortar slide I know but for soem reason I just dont. I mean yeah I guess I spam the upsmash as an edge guard tho.

Lucario is pretty good. I fought one good one and I lost, but that was back when I used Ike.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Because people stopped playing Ness/ Went on vacation / many Ness' don't go to tourneys.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Ouch last in the 2nd tourney :(.

Dude practice and only do tournies once you are absolutey good with Ness.

I myself never been to a proper tourney cause they don't do much in the UK >: (.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Ouch last in the 2nd tourney :(.

Dude practice and only do tournies once you are absolutey good with Ness.

I myself never been to a proper tourney cause they don't do much in the UK >: (.
I practice tonz I can beat lvl 9s easy but in real life my friends kinda suck so no good practice there so I just use tourneys as my place for practice. Also wi-fi doesnt help me get better, even if I win or lose.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Doing bad does not lower the rank. Doing good only increases it. Also don't fight Computers they are horrible opponents. My up coming tourneys are on the 23rd and 29th. I hope I get good brackets. I got pretty difficult ones at ESTICLE.... 2 Wolfs...

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Doing bad does not lower the rank. Doing good only increases it. Also don't fight Computers they are horrible opponents.
Yeah I stopped playing CPU but is it better to play someone bad or a CPU cause my brother kinda sux I 3 stock him or 2 stock him all the time its never a close match and he never wins and soemtimes I feel I get worse from that...but is not brawling worse than praticing against someone who sux?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Play your bother. He learns to adapt to the match and situations. If you really need to play computers practice spacing against level 3s

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Play your bother. He learns to adapt to the match and situations. If you really need to play computers practice spacing against level 3s
I guess he learns. Like he started spamming arrows more as pit, then knowing when to stop when i psim. He used to be too afraid of psim to use arrows at all.

How would I go about praticing spacing? Like a lvl 3 would die bad right? Or do you mean like trying to hit only with tipped bats and stuff like that?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Learn to space. Basically know the range of your character's attacks and your opponent's attacks.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hey guys, i placed pretty well at a big competitive tournament yesterday. So, here's the stats.
DUDE Very nice results especially for so many people. But the thread link isnt working T_T So i cant submit your results to the Character Rankings thread over in general brawl discussion.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
So do you people go to actual tournies that have very skilled players and gives out prize moey? Sucks that the UK dosen't have that much tournies :(.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
So do you people go to actual tournies that have very skilled players and gives out prize moey? Sucks that the UK dosen't have that much tournies :(.
Yup last tournament I went to 1st prize was 1000 dollars.

Socal has tournaments ever weekend but my parents dont let me go since they are at someones house.

Also if there is a board for UK smashers here at smash boards(I know there is one for many people in USA) make a thread about where you live and try and set something up w/ other people.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Vicegrip is a very good Ness player... Hasn't vice always been that good though? Anyway good job Vice keep competing. You'll win 1st soon.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Also if there is a board for UK smashers here at smash boards(I know there is one for many people in USA) make a thread about where you live and try and set something up w/ other people.
If I can find one :ohwell:.

I'm like the only person from South-West England here on SWF.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, thanks Ref. I hope so, Ness is too good of a character to not place top 3 sometimes. I'll get it eventually i hope as i keep playing and learning the spacings of all the characters, even gay arse marth lol. Oh, and pkskyler i fixed the link and also posted in Ankokos tournament placings thread.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
If I can find one :ohwell:.

I'm like the only person from South-West England here on SWF.
That sucks that you are limited to who you battle... Sometimes I wish I was on both coast. That way I can fight people from over there too... My timing go really really good once I stopped playing WiFi. I think not playing Wifi is the secret. My spacing got amazing too after I stopped WiFi.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Hehe, thanks Ref. I hope so, Ness is too good of a character to not place top 3 sometimes. I'll get it eventually i hope as i keep playing and learning the spacings of all the characters, even gay arse marth lol. Oh, and pksylar i fixed the link and also posted in Ankokos tournament placings thread.
Good luck killing MArth. Id pick up a counter pick :D
Oh thanks, so you did the work for me :chuckle:

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
You don't Need to counterpick. You just need skill... I fought a Marth in both tourneys I went to. I beat them both.... Just skill and Out smarting. Look in EB360's guide in dealing with the deathgrab. Make sure to F air Marth a lot... It out ranges him.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
You don't Need to counterpick. You just need skill... I fought a Marth in both tourneys I went to. I beat them both.... Just skill and Out smarting. Look in EB360's guide in dealing with the deathgrab. Make sure to F air Marth a lot... It out ranges him.
Im not good vs. Marth....

.besides the skill for Marth is say 50 and the brains is say 30.
So for Ness to win the Skill would have to be at least 70-100 and the brains around 60, or the luck at 10 for ness and then he could win with Skill 60 and Brains 30.

That may have made no sense but its the best way I could put it....

and fair outranges his slashes??!!?! Ill use that more then.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Retreat your F air always if it doesn't hit. Unless it hits in which case double jump to try to follow it up. Yes it does out range his slash.

Top Bottom