• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Link - Summary in Progress

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
Lol I mis-worded.

You can send Link far enough with Fthrow at 50%, if near the ledge, to really just need to hit with an aerial to kill(other than Uair lol).

GreyClover

Smash Apprentice
Usually, it'll be a Zair, DACUS, or an Autocanceled Aerial, such as fair.
lol wut? You cannot forget about our projectiles, we use for approaching too dude.

I recommend not approaching
Okay you do can do that unless you like uber projectile camping because we'll probably won't approach anytime soon.

Odds are, if you try to approach, he'll try to Zair you, Usmash, or retreating AC Aerial.
nope you forgot projectiles again. Oh and Fsmash also.

You should be able to dodge all his projectiles
By dodge do you mean power shield too because simply dodging them can leave you in a bad position.

Link falls fast, so make sure you're ready for any attack that may come from above.
Well yes but we normally don't do this anymore. When you throw us up it's better to combo us because of our weight class.

Stand back just out of his ledge attack range and get ready to punish his attempts to return.
No we like never do a ledge attack. We have ledgehops attacks to replace that.

Well that's most of the mistakes I've found but overall nice summary.

EDIT: oh sasook beat me to it lol D:

Arcade

Smash Ace
If Link doesn't want to approach, is there anything stopping Ness from nairing boomerangs and arrows, and dodging/shielding/catching bombs all day?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
No, he can just do that. Or hang out on the ledge and jumping-getup>wavebounce-psi-mag if you feel like fooling around. You would win by just shielding and nairing the projectiles if you are winning by percents.

Get % lead and you force his approach. GJ.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Link is not good enough for this matchup to be in his favor or even.

Like...honestly, how is he scoring a kill reliably? All his stuff is unsafe or mad situational in this matchup due to Ness's air control options. And for that matter Ness is killing him EARLIER than Link can kill Ness. B-throw from 120-145% depending on stage position is better than most of Link's KO options once you factor good DI into the equation (Link's uncharged Smashes shouldn't be killing earlier than 140% against good DI, which every good player, and for that matter especially every good player with an exploitable recovery will have). Link I guess can get fairly early kills with D-air, but again not simple to land against Ness's solid air control options due to the limited hitbox size (only hits below and inside Link), and for that matter it's worthwhile to keep in mind that PKT2 kills REALLY STUPIDLY EARLY, and aside from Link's situational D-air, Ness's less laggy aerials usually pack more of a punch than Link's, and really aren't going to be hard to land against a character who has slow and generally mediocre options for dealing with close up pressure.

And then of course Ness has a very easy time gimping Link. Observe the low recovery and N-air or I guess PK Fire as appropriate, and F-air should usually beat most of Link's options when he recovers higher. Ness's recovery isn't particularly good, but assuming Ness leaves himself the potential option to recover high, Link doesn't have very good options for gimping it since he can't jump very far offstage and because his projectiles can be outprioritized.

Link can play a solid horizontal spacing game and does good damage per hit, but it doesn't quite compare to Ness's more powerful options when Ness gets in range, and for that matter, especially since Link is very slow moving in most situations, Ness is quite capable of approaching in more ways than just straight horizontally with simple stuff like autocanceled D-airs or feints into different stuff, and a good Ness isn't going to be easily walled out by Link's primarily horizontally oriented spacing game.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Zair, IMO, is also fairly predictable and easy to avoid.

.... Okay, I'll move to actual gameplay rather than in theory. Links projectiles can put quite a bit of pressure on ness. If I could use pkjump, that would be cut down quite a bit.... I say that allows ness to quite easily get in close to link and still keep a good distance from link's more apparent dominance at close range. Now if the link really wanted to, they could avoid the pkfire bolt and Dacus across the stage to start all over again, but I don't see it helping a ton... Another thing with his projectiles is if you get to a close enough space near him to pressure if he uses projectiles and force his zair or close range attacks.

Zair: rush in, shield properly and either grab, nair, usmash, retreat fair, spotdodge or pivot pkfire. Grab if you get really close and perfect shield the zair. Nair to have a safe option oos, but only if you see something apart from another zair coming. Usmash if close and no perfect shield on hit. You have to release that quickly though. Retreat fair if you see a ground approach and you are further away. It avoids the zair sometimes... Spotdodge to avoid grab and other options. Pivot pkfire gets under zair, prevents most approaches, but a little bit of danger from projectiles, which are much more unexpected (except bomb).

You know, there's too much for me to say... I'd be typing forever... In order to avoid every loophole you attempt to find. I think ness is better at avoiding the camping abilities of ness if you can time and space your approach well. You can disagree, chuee. You are the most annoying troll I know.... But that's beside the point. No matchup is perfect. There are some points which do allow for one character to overtake another. I'll agree that an exceptional link player can effectively stop a ness by combinations of projectiles and zair, but that doesn't mean it's impossible for ness to approach or get to link. There is always a way in and I tend to find such places and points of entry very well. I shouldn't need to explain to the most specific detail what could happen, but ness can and is able to effectively stop all projectiles and zair as well if played exceptionally as well. If equal, ness is able to halt the long range spam and receive minimal damage. During that time, the ness should be able to get close, giving options to either bait and punish a close range option of link or start with the onslaught of ness' great combo-setting close range stuff.

All things can be destroyed with excellent execution. But because link can't always rely on long range (actually never because he needs to kill eventually), ness has just a bit of an upperhand by having more options of punishing and attacking when at closer range.

Purple

Hi guys!

Like...honestly, how is he scoring a kill reliably? All his stuff is unsafe or mad situational in this matchup due to Ness's air control options. And for that matter Ness is killing him EARLIER than Link can kill Ness.
who said you have to kill? Links can live forever, generally longer than ness, link just has to keep spacing to frustration, and only try to kill when you're at a disadvantage (off stage). This game doesn't have to be won by killing all three stocks, but by camping, like you said, link has great horizontal spacing, and he can still vertically space (u-tilt, jump z-air), hell, he can run under you if you jump too high. Link really should just be winning by cmaping.

B-throw from 120-145% depending on stage position is better than most of Link's KO options once you factor good DI into the equation (Link's uncharged Smashes shouldn't be killing earlier than 140% against good DI, which every good player, and for that matter especially every good player with an exploitable recovery will have).
Link will be getting you off the stage, or at least trying to, if he guess right, he either gimps or uses your laggy pkt2 to get a d-air on you.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Link isn't living forever against Ness. He's bad at avoiding getting grabbed, and furthermore he's not good at edgeguarding Ness.

Sure if Ness is being predictable and never mixing up his momentum, you can U-tilt him for D-airing directly above you, but if you screw up or if the Ness for that matter plays with better spacing, you're in position to be F-aired/b-aired, which can really hurt. And it's not like you're going to be punishing his stuff out of shield easily.

Link is too slow to really wall out Ness safely and doesn't trade hits favorably.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
who said you have to kill? Links can live forever, generally longer than ness, link just has to keep spacing to frustration, and only try to kill when you're at a disadvantage (off stage). This game doesn't have to be won by killing all three stocks, but by camping, like you said, link has great horizontal spacing, and he can still vertically space (u-tilt, jump z-air), hell, he can run under you if you jump too high. Link really should just be winning by cmaping.
Odds are, Ness will be racking more damage than Link, meaning that even if Ness couldn't kill Link, all he'd have to do is camp and wait for Link to approach, since Link's camp game is NOT hard to deal with. I can deal with it just fine with Yoshi, and he doesn't even have a viable shield for this.

Link will be getting you off the stage, or at least trying to, if he guess right, he either gimps or uses your laggy pkt2 to get a d-air on you.
Ness's PKT2 is FAST to start. You'd have to be incredibly quick and predict where the Ness will begin to PKT in order for this to be really effective. Ness should be mixing it up anyways, so this isn't a huge problem.

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
Ness can beat Link easier than Link can beat Ness.
There are too many "ifs."

The Gale Boomerang works to my favor more than Link's anyway. Just avoid it, and use anything to guide you along with it. Fair, Fmash, Usmash, Nair. A lot of things work. (: I felt like mentioning that. I really think it's fun, but doesn't contribute much to the argument. hahahah

Levitas

the moon
Ness's PKT2 is really slow to start. Link does have a pretty easy time gimping ness, this is a fact.

However, I can't really imagine any of you claiming that as more than a neutral point, as link gets gimped just as hard.

Purple

Hi guys!
I don't want to get too into this conversation, it generally feels like too many people are giving ness the overly advantageous matchup against Link.

Link can kep a very good camping/spacing game against Ness, so if ness doesn't get lead fast, Link can keep the game in his favor. Granted if you get the lead, there's not too much a smart link can do, and recovery is generally neutral for both characters. With these facts alone, I would make this around even. 55:45 is ness's advantage. Ness can come back from a campy link, but it will be frustrating, as can link get gimps on ness's, but for smart ness's that's also equally frustrating. But as we've all said, it's generally easier to bring matches due to damage, than bring back matches due to gimps. However i don't think it's so easy that it could be 6:4, that's quite too high.

Ness is still bad at recovery, just has good aerial maneuverability, while link has good horizontal spacing, and bad recovery. If Link can keep ness where he needs to be, Ness will get outspaced generally the entire time (dacus can be used to get away from ness if he's too high in the air to actually hit them without putting link at disadv.), and if ness keeps link in the air, there's not much link can do about it either.

Generally, it's a lose close, or win big matchup for ness. Link will have to work tediously to get ness to lose a game, generally because link is a campy character, and most to all matches in high level would be won from camping, timing out, etc. Ness will have to get the lead and then begin to take off stocks, but if link stays true to his characte,r he can still try to get basic damage by spacing arrows, rangs, bombs, etc. That's just how the matchup is, but Link players should have the endurance to do that, so that doesn't make the matchup any worse or better for either character

tl;dr - 55:45 ness

And link wont even need to approah to kill you since he can combo from spam to Killmoves Bombstool, BAL and Bomb+Rang can all lock you for a follow up. We also can combo from our zair and if we grab you we have a free dsmash. We can sheildgrab any laggy attack you have(smashes is the easiest). Well thats just adding to it.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
Except you dodge the Zair.
-Yup just dodge it every single time and Link can't do anything about it.
-Kill him with fthrow at 50% because Link can't DI and you should also try and outcamp him because Link DOESN'T have three projectiles.
-He also has a zair that can't be used to space and it has an enormous amount of lag so just dodge right through it and punish with any move you see fit EVEN IF IT'S PK FIRE.
-Link also has no kill moves at all because A2ZOMG knows everything about Link because he must be one of the best. So Ness can kill Link around 140ish and Link can't kill Ness until over 200%
Just nair and dodge everything 70/30 Ness.

Good job guys I think we're done here make sure to theorycraft and say whatever BS you can come up with when discussing match ups.

Honestly this is what I saw come from the Ness mains and frankly I find it to be stupid. No I'm not insulting any of you but you guys need to play a good Link that knows his stuff. Yes nair goes through rang and arrows, but Link's most powerful tools in camping are bombs and zair. A good Link will know how to mix up his camp game and space well with zair so that punishing it is very difficult and Link WILL be camping you if you decide to try and outcamp him.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
If Link doesn't want to approach, is there anything stopping Ness from nairing boomerangs and arrows, and dodging/shielding/catching bombs all day?
Why does stopping projectiles with Nair and catching bombs keep being mentioned?
It's honestly not a reliable way of dealing with his projectiles at all.
I can think of 100 ways to bait and punish that right now lol. Just shield the crap or jump around until you get close.

Like...honestly, how is he scoring a kill reliably?
SERIOUSLY? AGAIN?
what the hell...
-Kill him with fthrow at 50% because Link can't DI and you should also try and outcamp him because Link DOESN'T have three projectiles.
-He also has a zair that can't be used to space and it has an enormous amount of lag so just dodge right through it and punish with any move you see fit EVEN IF IT'S PK FIRE.
-Link also has no kill moves at all because A2ZOMG knows everything about Link because he must be one of the best. So Ness can kill Link around 140ish and Link can't kill Ness until over 200%

Good job guys I think we're done here make sure to theorycraft and say whatever BS you can come up with when discussing match ups.

Honestly this is what I saw come from the Ness mains and frankly I find it to be stupid. No I'm not insulting any of you but you guys need to play a good Link that knows his stuff. Yes nair goes through rang and arrows, but Link's most powerful tools in camping are bombs and zair. A good Link will know how to mix up his camp game and space well with zair so that punishing it is very difficult and Link WILL be camping you if you decide to try and outcamp him.
Yeah... I was just about to say this.
Im2slo
yink plays legan.

I haven't said much because I don't play links.

how many nesses do you play?
Don't disrespect Lawz. Especially when his post makes more sense than most of the stuff said here so far.

EDIT: Did Yink say anything about the stuff Lawz commented on?
HYESZEDIT: Yes he did. Yes he did.
Yes he did.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Link will have to work tediously to get ness to lose a game, generally because link is a campy character, and most to all matches in high level would be won from camping, timing out, etc.
This should pretty much mean it's a solid advantage for Ness. You're saying that Link has to work hard to win, which means it must be worse than 55:45. That sounds closer to a 60:40.

And link wont even need to approah to kill you since he can combo from spam to Killmoves Bombstool, BAL and Bomb+Rang can all lock you for a follow up. We also can combo from our zair and if we grab you we have a free dsmash. We can sheildgrab any laggy attack you have(smashes is the easiest). Well thats just adding to it.
I don't get how you're going to bomb stool if Ness is camping you from far away. Unless Link's air speed is godlike, which it really isn't, a stray bomb won't be leading to a bomb stool lock > kill. A similar story with Bomb + Rang, if Ness is camping to avoid the kill, he won't be close enough for you to even capitalize on the lock from your optimal camp range.

Define BAL.

I don't know about you, but it's not incredibly difficult to tell when a Zair is coming. Even if you do get hit by it occasionally, it's not that big a deal.
You're right, because Fthrow puts Link into a spot where his recovery is limited, especially at percents past 50%, because Fthrow's fixed knockback will have increased.

you don't need projectiles to outcamp someone.

I nearly forgot about one of Link's best moves. Thank you for reminding me about the not so big a deal as you guys like to think Zair!
Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool.

Nah, more like 90:10.

Yes we are! :)

Bombs travel slow and are dodgable. Zair is good, but you won't be winning a game off it, especially if we decide to outcamp you with a stock lead.

You won't beat Ness by camping him if he has the lead. Don't even try.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Why does stopping projectiles with Nair and catching bombs keep being mentioned?
It's honestly not a reliable way of dealing with his projectiles at all.
I can think of 100 ways to bait and punish that right now lol. Just shield the crap or jump around until you get close.
Sorry...can you please explain some ways? (not trying to make you angry, I'd just like to know some of them). Nair is a very reliable way to catch a bomb =/ For the other projectiles it can be used...but no, it isn't as reliable as just shielding.

Lawz:

Lol, sorry, I think it's funny that you mention that. Many people don't have good Links to play, I only play Legan like what...once every 3 months? He's a good Link I'll never say he isn't. Am I a good Ness? I think I'm decent enough to do alright against him (maybe not win, or maybe I would).

I hope you play a good Ness then. All the stuff I gave you was from my experiences. I'm going to take a shot in the dark by saying not many people bother to learn this MU because "Link sucks". Same is true with Ness really. So if you tell us to get some good Link experience I'll ask as many Ness mains I know who THEY KNOW that is GOOD with Link. They're giving me as much stuff to work with as they can when they play a Link, any Link.

TL;DR because no one gives a **** about all the text I just typed haha.

No one's perfectly correct on either side. This Match is boring as hell from what I remember because both people are defensive until you can get close enough to do anything. I'm going to finish up the summary today. This MU is at 55:45 Ness because 60 is too freaking high and it's not close enough to be even for Link.

EDIT: Hey Afrotwist, just sayin', I'm a girl.

Purple

Hi guys!
This should pretty much mean it's a solid advantage for Ness. You're saying that Link has to work hard to win, which means it must be worse than 55:45. That sounds closer to a 60:40..
Let's look at it this way,

hypothetical two best players of link and ness.

ready?...GO!

Link camps, generally ness will want to try to get the lead and then air camp. (this is on bf btw).

Link spaces horizontally and stools bombs onto the above platforms, this can generally be done without at all affecting link's ability to dodge attacks.

In a general sense, link can use these bombs to keep ness from approaching under. Link is already mid-level, so that's covered, only thing not covered is above (top platform). Link is covering two-thirds of the stage.any of ness's approaches can be beaten by generally being patient.

Link camps. Alot. like, alot.

Game

Link wins by timeout.

Now battlefield is the smallest area you can recieve from a neutral, any other stages gives link more area to camp.

55:45 Ness.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp

ready?...GO!

Link camps, generally ness will want to try to get the lead and then air camp. (this is on bf btw).

Link spaces horizontally and stools bombs onto the above platforms, this can generally be done without at all affecting link's ability to dodge attacks.

In a general sense, link can use these bombs to keep ness from approaching under. Link is already mid-level, so that's covered, only thing not covered is above (top platform). Link is covering two-thirds of the stage.any of ness's approaches can be beaten by generally being patient.

Game

Link wins by timeout.

Now battlefield is the smallest area you can recieve from a neutral, any other stages gives link more area to camp.

One flaw in your perfect camp:

Bombs run on a long timer, and have a visual signal that they'll explode soon.

Do you honestly think a bomb placed on the platform really stop an approach?

You also assume that is Link's camping is unstoppable on BF that the first match will always be played there. If Link is that broken on BF, do you know what happens?

We strike it.

AfroTwist ShadowPie

Smash Journeyman
Sorry...can you please explain some ways? (not trying to make you angry, I'd just like to know some of them). Nair is a very reliable way to catch a bomb =/ For the other projectiles it can be used...but no, it isn't as reliable as just shielding.
Catching items is brawl is pretty easy, and Ness' Nair does the job, yeah. What I'm saying is if the Ness manages to catch Link's bombs when he's camping, he's not just gonna keep throwing the bombs straight at Ness. I mean, there's quite alot of stuff that can be done with a bomb. Fsmash, all aerials including Zair and all the other specials (duh). Pluss it gets very easy to bait. I'm not gonna say I know this for sure about Ness, but atleast I've had other characters try to do it on me, and it's like a free bombstool. Because Im awesome BD
Oh. My bad. Excuse me, princess girls on the internet is news to me xD

And sorry if anyone thought I got mad or something :x
You should see me when I'm actually flaming lmao ;B :3 <3 :]

PKNintendo

Smash Master

ready?...GO!

Game

Link wins by timeout.

Haha that's funny. Theorycrafting is absolutely terrible.
I'm going to stick with basic facts and actual gameplay.

I honestly don't care about the matchup score, but that description was awful.

Lawz.

The Original Deadpool Fan
NNID
Lawz_Fearless
yink plays legan.

I haven't said much because I don't play links.

how many nesses do you play?
I should've excluded Yink because I know she (am i right? please don't kill me) has played Legan who is pretty much the best link.

This should pretty much mean it's a solid advantage for Ness. You're saying that Link has to work hard to win, which means it must be worse than 55:45. That sounds closer to a 60:40.
Pretty much

I don't get how you're going to bomb stool if Ness is camping you from far away. Unless Link's air speed is godlike, which it really isn't, a stray bomb won't be leading to a bomb stool lock > kill. A similar story with Bomb + Rang, if Ness is camping to avoid the kill, he won't be close enough for you to even capitalize on the lock from your optimal camp range.

Define BAL.
BAL is Boomerang Arrow Lock which is when Link hits an enemy with the rang and they flop on the ground and Link shoots an arrow to do a forced getup which can happen often.

I'm not one to use bombstool as I find it to be situational since I play with good players in my region but you're making it seem like Link is completely helpless when Ness is aircamping I mean I know Ness can do it but he aint no Wario.

I don't know about you, but it's not incredibly difficult to tell when a Zair is coming. Even if you do get hit by it occasionally, it's not that big a deal.
No but dodging is not what you do to avoid a zair which is what I'm trying to get at and what you seem to be overlooking. It outranges everything Ness has and has almost no ending on it and when spaced well it's pretty **** difficult to punish.

You're right, because Fthrow puts Link into a spot where his recovery is limited, especially at percents past 50%, because Fthrow's fixed knockback will have increased.
Yeah you got me there I don't know what I was thinking.

you don't need projectiles to outcamp someone.
No you're right but we're talking about Ness who clearly doesn't have 5-6 midair jumps nor the airspeed of Wario. I know it's extremely difficult for Link to cope with this but he can still do it.

I nearly forgot about one of Link's best moves. Thank you for reminding me about the not so big a deal as you guys like to think Zair!
lol whatever I tried I see no point in arguing about this with you anymore.

Nah, more like 90:10.
/hope Why Link are you oh so abysmal?

Yes we are! :)
COOL ;)

Bombs travel slow and are dodgable. Zair is good, but you won't be winning a game off it, especially if we decide to outcamp you with a stock lead.
No true zair doesn't make Link win and bombs aren't the fastest thing in the world but it's a projectile with a decent blast radius and we can throw one and pull one out while you're "dodging" that, and we can cancel the lag of an arrow after throwing it.

Lawz:

Lol, sorry, I think it's funny that you mention that. Many people don't have good Links to play, I only play Legan like what...once every 3 months? He's a good Link I'll never say he isn't. Am I a good Ness? I think I'm decent enough to do alright against him (maybe not win, or maybe I would).

I hope you play a good Ness then. All the stuff I gave you was from my experiences. I'm going to take a shot in the dark by saying not many people bother to learn this MU because "Link sucks". Same is true with Ness really. So if you tell us to get some good Link experience I'll ask as many Ness mains I know who THEY KNOW that is GOOD with Link. They're giving me as much stuff to work with as they can when they play a Link, any Link.

TL;DR because no one gives a **** about all the text I just typed haha.

No one's perfectly correct on either side. This Match is boring as hell from what I remember because both people are defensive until you can get close enough to do anything. I'm going to finish up the summary today. This MU is at 55:45 Ness because 60 is too freaking high and it's not close enough to be even for Link.

Please don't take what I said as an offense toward any of you. I know that you have played Legan because I read your post earlier and yes I hope to play an exceptionally insane Ness, like one that actually goes nuts with skill. I can understand the whole why learn this math up thing because yes both players suck and it's sad to hear that too.

Like I said before I don't want anyone to take what I said as an insult to your skill or intelligence or whatever else you can possibly think but seriously some of the things that were mentioned are kind of like "lolk" status.

I hope I didn't come off as an ignorant douchebag or anything.

Purple

Hi guys!
One flaw in your perfect camp:

Bombs run on a long timer, and have a visual signal that they'll explode soon.

Do you honestly think a bomb placed on the platform really stop an approach?

You also assume that is Link's camping is unstoppable on BF that the first match will always be played there. If Link is that broken on BF, do you know what happens?

We strike it.
no, link isn't broken on bf, he's bad merely because of the small amount of area to camp, it's not the bomb exploding by timer that's a problem, it's the bomb exploding by you hitting it =/ hence why you can't approach from below -.-

Purple

Hi guys!
Haha that's funny. Theorycrafting is absolutely terrible.
I'm going to stick with basic facts and actual gameplay.

I honestly don't care about the matchup score, but that description was awful.
i didn't feel like giving a good description, which is bad on my fault, but you are welcome to read all of the information i gave you in the beginning of this thread that you didn't comment on =/

Sync_

Smash Journeyman
no, link isn't broken on bf, he's bad merely because of the small amount of area to camp, it's not the bomb exploding by timer that's a problem, it's the bomb exploding by you hitting it =/ hence why you can't approach from below -.-
Pee KAY THUNDER!!1

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
BAL is Boomerang Arrow Lock which is when Link hits an enemy with the rang and they flop on the ground and Link shoots an arrow to do a forced getup which can happen often.
Ah, I've done this before in my dabbling with Link. It's quite fun. Still, can't it be teched or something to avoid the flop?

I'm not one to use bombstool as I find it to be situational since I play with good players in my region but you're making it seem like Link is completely helpless when Ness is aircamping I mean I know Ness can do it but he aint no Wario.
I'm exaggerating a bit, but I personally don't find Link's camp game frightening, even when I play Yoshi, who doesn't even have a good shield for outcamping projectiles. Though Yoshi's air speed is better than Ness's, so it might be an even trade off or something. I don't actually mean strict air camping, but a mix of hopping around projectiles and shielding them if necessary.
No but dodging is not what you do to avoid a zair which is what I'm trying to get at and what you seem to be overlooking. It outranges everything Ness has and has almost no ending on it and when spaced well it's pretty **** difficult to punish.
Why can't you dodge Zair? I'm well aware of potential follow ups, but a defensive, spaced Zair can be dodged pretty safely, I'd assume. Of course, talking strictly about Ness approaching, this is highly useful, though if Link is hoping to approach a Zair of this type isn't that great.

Yeah you got me there I don't know what I was thinking.
Not a problem.

No you're right but we're talking about Ness who clearly doesn't have 5-6 midair jumps nor the airspeed of Wario. I know it's extremely difficult for Link to cope with this but he can still do it.
The fact that it's difficult is what I'm stressing. I hope you don't honestly believe I think that Ness will never get hit ever, just that Ness can outcamp Link if he gains the lead for a good portion of time. The fact that it's difficult for Link to overcome this compared to the same situation but with Link in the lead, is what I feel makes this a more advantaged MU to Ness.

lol whatever I tried I see no point in arguing about this with you anymore.
To be honest, I have never had many problems with Zair, though I'm willing to be educated on it.

/hope Why Link are you oh so abysmal?
Sakurai laughed at LoZ. :(

No true zair doesn't make Link win and bombs aren't the fastest thing in the world but it's a projectile with a decent blast radius and we can throw one and pull one out while you're "dodging" that, and we can cancel the lag of an arrow after throwing it.
It's just that, if bombs move so slowly, you have more time to react and think about the most optimal time to dodge them, so you're not caught on landing. Naturally, this also gives Link more time to set up, so it works both ways. Landing arrows are rage inducing.

because yes both players suck and it's sad to hear that too.
Hope you meant characters. :laugh:

I hope I didn't come off as an ignorant douchebag or anything.
Nah, you just need less srs. :mad:

I don't think Ness has many attacks that are good for approaching that would hit the bomb.

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, thanks for being civil.

I know that you probably feel ambushed coming in here with people saying stuff like "ness camps link" and the like ;>.>

Has Smash64 posted here? He needs to post here more.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
You said he puts them on the platforms. Meaning that it's not a problem. Also, even if you hit both Link and the bombs, you're still close to Link and have pressure on him, which is bad.

Legan

Smash Lord
Smash64 is in my crew, I havent played him in about 6 months until 2 weeks ago and i knocked him out of pools VGBootcamp(Meaning i 2-0'd him in a clutch set determining who would get out). its about 55:45 ness, the matchup isnt that bad but yes ness has the upperhand. Im watching a movie with my roomate right now but ill give some feedback later. Smash64 is Gawd btw, Yink is amazing and Lawz is on the right track but again if played right the matchup isnt as bad as it seems.

Purple

Hi guys!
Smash64 is in my crew, I havent played him in about 6 months until 2 weeks ago and i knocked him out of pools VGBootcamp(Meaning i 2-0'd him in a clutch set determining who would get out). its about 55:45 ness, the matchup isnt that bad but yes ness has the upperhand. Im watching a movie with my roomate right now but ill give some feedback later. Smash64 is Gawd btw, Yink is amazing and Lawz is on the right track but again if played right the matchup isnt as bad as it seems.
:)

Top Bottom