• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Vs. Lucas

Uffe

Smash Hero
It's a 50:50 match up. Oh, you're asking how to fight Lucas. It's similar to fighting Ness. His f-smash is the only smash that doesn't have a bad start up. If you're going to roll back onto the stage [from the edge], it'd be wise not to always do that since it allows him to use his u-smash and that attack has wide range on it. To deal with his PK Fire spam, just jump around it and dodge it. That should be simple enough. If he uses PK Thunder, you should be able to react to it on time so you can absorb it, even when you're off the stage.

If you get him into the air, I recommend you don't try and uair him as Lucas' dair goes through it. You can also use PK Thunder against him, but like Ness, chances are he'll just absorb it. Lucas' PK Thunder 2 isn't too much of a threat unless you get hit by the ending strike from it, so it's good to play it safe just in case. Any stage Ness is good on, Lucas is also good on. So your best bet it to probably take him to a stage that is neutral if possible. If you have any major issues against Lucas, what are they?

Slinky Head

Smash Rookie
lucas seems to have me in the speed department, and i have trouble getting caught in some combos. i DI pretty well but i still get held up

Uffe

Smash Hero
You're playing Brawl+? Uh, maybe Dajayman can help you on that one. I'm not sure if thesage also plays Brawl+, but I'd ask him just in case. :S

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll try a write up once in a while x]:
hmm, ness vs lucas... first of all, they have a better pk fire. They're pk fire pushes you away, and it has slight more range then our pk fire, which can mess you up a lot if you and opponent pk fire at the same time. They have a lot of options to kill: all smash attacks, ftilt dtilt->fsmash which is a famous one.

They have a better chance for recovery, can take our pkt (we can take theirs), and their nair is just gay. They have a lot better grab range as well.
As for the match up, I believe its pretty equal, with lucas pushing it a little. I would say about 55:45 lucas. other than their pk fire, I think we have better spacing. However, they are a lot above ness as for speed. I think my recent video can sum things up: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9dYPiph8FBo

my opinions, can be wrong :O

Top Bottom