• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness vs. Wolf

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Just my two cents, everyone has already said the things i could add to the discussion so i'll just give my opinion of the ratio, which is 60-40 Wolf.

Wolf's Shine is really annoying BTW.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
So I fought vs the wolf player again who knocked me into losers bracket.
We played many matches. I used a new strategy and it worked great!
I won many matches :)
SH fair ****s wolf... srsly.
Don't try to gimp him, just use PKT. And PKF when he stays too long at the edge.
Don't DAS here too often. It's pretty bad vs wolf because of his bair.
Fair and nair are probably the best moves to use vs wolf.

B.Link

Smash Cadet
So I fought vs the wolf player again who knocked me into losers bracket.
We played many matches. I used a new strategy and it worked great!
I won many matches :)
SH fair ****s wolf... srsly.
Don't try to gimp him, just use PKT. And PKF when he stays too long at the edge.
Don't DAS here too often. It's pretty bad vs wolf because of his bair.
Fair and nair are probably the best moves to use vs wolf.
Totally agree man wolf only has his blaster which doesn't have long reach ness has PKF and PKT good for mid to long range =] also most Wolfs tend to stay on the edge so thats where PKT comes in =]

Uffe

Smash Hero
Wolf's Blaster actually does shoot far enough, which is not what it did when the game was first released, I swear. And Shining Ness' uair? Does that work? I've seen Ness' uair take no hits before. And recently I fought a Samus who shot a full Charge Shot at me and I hit it with my uair and it didn't hurt me.

mib004

Smash Ace
I would have to say this matchup is 55:45 in wolf favor.. only because its difficult to grab wolf.... he can grab release ness to a down smash "which can kill at 110%". In this matchup the best move to do is Fair, Nair, and get as many grabs as possible. When wolf is off the stage pkt him he wont try to "shine it" because he will face fall in the process, and if he does "shine" you can gimp him easily off the stage. Most of all in this matchup stay away from him because a wolf with a "gay" playing style will just grab realese you to a Fsmash, then punish with a dsmash. Also a good wolf can survive a back grab up to 125% so you really have to save to atleast 135% at the most to kill.

Pros.. NAIR, fair.. quick piviot grabs.. pkt when in the air..

Cons: Grab release, can shine your recovery, can kill ness at low percent with dsmash

Thunda-Moo

Smash Apprentice
Wolf can be a real jerk with that blaster, too. You'll have to be really good with PSI magnet canceling to not take more damage then you recover from the spamming fool, and even then you usually can't pull out the Magnet fast enough unless you predict a blast. Unless you're against a bad wolf, Magnet usually isn't a good idea. Wolf, for whatever reason, seems to have a melee-level ledge sweetspot from his uB. Try to force him low if you can. If your timing is good, you can spike him and PK fire out of either recovery. Speaking of PK fire, it's a good way to deter excessive scarring, and force him to recover from below, which is where you want him.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
I played Kain a lot, who happens to be the best Wolf ever. Here's my input on this MU.

Wolf's bair will shutout all of Ness' aerials except a well spaced fair. Respect it and learn to deal with it. Wolf's fair is also has nice range, it catches me by surprise sometimes. His uair is quick and ranged as well, it also ***** you on platforms. His nair is sh*t, don't worry about it.

On the ground, I suggest using Ness' dash grab to throw him away since Wolf has superior ground options.

Pkt is kind of useless here since he has his shine, so you need to bring your grade A pkt mindgames for this MU. Pkf works best pivoted at a distance or as a surprise from the air, but he can simply shine you and turn the pillar into his if you try to follow it up so be careful of that.

Learn to PSI Magnet cancel and you can heal nicely from a spammy Wolf, but any good Wolf (like Kain) won't be spamming lasers.

One last thing to look out for is Wolf's dthrow. It has a very low angle and it can set up for some Wolf mindgames and pseudo-chaingrabs. I know Kain does work with that dthrow, so watch out for Kain who knows how to use dthrow well.

That's my input on the MU. Kain is too good. <3 him.

Bartolon

Smash Lord
You already made some mistakes..

"I played Kain a lot, who happens to be the best Wolf ever" <-- ...sure..

"On the ground, I suggest using Ness' dash grab to throw him away since Wolf has superior ground options." <-- Grabbing a good wolf isn't that easy as you think.

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
You should avoid being on the ground since the air is slightly better (f*ck bair). I'm just saying that Ness' dash grab is his best option.

And Kain just got 2nd at a large regional tournament, only losing to Lain. Lain is Kain's bane. XD

Top Bottom