• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's Bat

chumlord

Smash Cadet
NNID
chumlord
me and a friend were just playing around and found out that ness's bat hits shieks needles back at them :)

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
in response to OP, if you're that interested in such things...I have a replay of me killing a sheik with her own needle(reflected by bat) in an actual match. I feel kind of proud of that accomplishment actually.

NessOnett

Smash Journeyman
oh lol does it have enough knockback for that to happen?
Well it happened, and i have a video to prove it. She was staggering needles, shooting one at a time from right on the ledge. She got hit by the first one, and threw another out of habit, which caused her to lose time(and altitude) and eliminated her chances for recovery. Needless to say i was laughing very hard.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, it reflects exploded Din's fire. Basically, all it does is change the property of the move so that it belongs to you. So if Zelda is within range of the Din's fire, or if her teammate is in 2V2s, she/they'll get hit instead of you. Otherwise it just negates the damage, better to just absorb in most cases. In 2V2s you could potentially spam bat while Zelda is throwing Din's fire at you, to possibly hit her ally.

DrakeFreedom

Smash Cadet
well....since this thread is about ness's bat.... i've noticed that his bat is super strong, the sound is super badass and even tho it doesn't look like the enemy is flying fast the stun on it will stay on them till their death. but when fighting lucas when he uses his fsmash it hits really hard. is lucas's fsmash stronger than ness's?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
well....since this thread is about ness's bat.... i've noticed that his bat is super strong, the sound is super badass and even tho it doesn't look like the enemy is flying fast the stun on it will stay on them till their death. but when fighting lucas when he uses his fsmash it hits really hard. is lucas's fsmash stronger than ness's?
Actually Lucas' stick is just longer, and will knock further if you are closer. It will always hit the same no matter where you make contact.
Ness' bat is shorter and will hit harder if you hit on the fat part of the bat. This will also make it knock further i believe...

Earthbound360

Smash Hero
NNID
Mikman360
Stick is faster and has a tad bit more range. It has no sweetspot and 4% less knockback. This means that if Bowser can be KOed at say 90% (made up) by Ness' bat tipper, he can be KOed by the stick at 94%. It also does a LOT less damage.

Ness' bat kills 4% less with the tipper, but hardly EVER KOes when not sweetspotted. Its also slower and has less range. It does more damage though.

Stick > Bat

Top Bottom