• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness's confirmed Move List

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
We've been over bat reflection. Simna is genius for coming up with the PSI Magnet thing though. Srsly, who does that?

Sorry you didn't get a chance to master Ness in singles Simna, but ISN'T PK THUNDER FREAKING AWESOME!!?!?!? Did you ever PK thunder 2 off stage and end up sweetspotting!? I freaked out the first time that happened! And the lack of lag is more than I could have EVER imagined. Its SOOOOOOOO little.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I did, it doesn't. Or at least, I haven't been able to get it to work, the guns just....gawd.....destroy you. I guess you could rising uair stall with PSI Magnet, but it's hella risky.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
I did, it doesn't. Or at least, I haven't been able to get it to work, the guns just....gawd.....destroy you. I guess you could rising uair stall with PSI Magnet, but it's hella risky.
Wait ... I've been absorbing the arwings' lazers on this stage like crazy with Ness and Lucas alike.

Or are you talking about the one huge gun below the stage?

AdmantNESS

Smash Ace
Huge gun below the stage. Ness could recover a lot damage in Melee if he goes below and time it so that the lasers hit PSI magnet. Seems to be more difficult to pull off in Brawl.

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
well CC is out and hold-DI is almost not effective....camping MIGHT be possible using a rapid tap DI right when the guns, but that would be much harder than what you do in melee since you will be forced to actually know EXACTLY when the guns wll charge

it still may not work tho... survived on the guns once as Lucario, the charge hit me up and i went back down to the guns....but then the charge hit me again...

also i played some teams matches...Ness on a team on MARIO CIRCUIT *****...just pk thunder EVERYTHING lol

oh also ness owns the smashball......pk thunder moves so much faster than characters....just let like everyone cluster-**** the smashball while u stay far away then snipe it with pk thunder...and eveyone is too far away to beat it out of you....i used 4 final smashes in one match cause upB is fast

on another note....the water in jungle japes ***** extra hard...also Ness' FS doesnt change depending on where he is when he uses it...it always fans from the center of the stage(also its garbage on newpork city)

o speaking of tap-DI...u can use to escape all sorts of bad situations....like smart bombs...and Lucario's fsmash...just rapid-tap the direction u want to move...this also works on most multi-hit attacks such as....Lucas' PK Thunder 2...oh and i successfully pulled off a combo on sum1 in which i hit them with 2 uairs in one double jump

but yeah about pk thunder 2....its much easier to make precision shots with it(altho pk thunder drifting is out) but when you use it whether you are on the ground or otherwise your opponents can be way more aggressive because they can throw out a single attack for the purposes of both hitting Ness and breaking the thunder

also: i specialize in 2v1 comebacks

and if anyone is curious...my most common opponents are: Wario, Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario, Bowser, and P&O

...Wario has a really good dair...also its funny when he gets his bike and then eats it

oh and if you ever happen into a 4player FFA on New Pork City and there is a P&O in the fight....DO NOT find a small/secuded area of the stage to fight him 1v1....he is so small you wont know wtf he is ever doing

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
tap-DI could also be used to escape Ness' fair...if his fair was like it is in Melee....which is isnt lol....his fair in brawl just doesnt seem to hold ppl....it knocks them away very early and thus deals little damage....maybe my spacing is off

Simna ibn Sind

THIS IS unMODNESS!
BRoomer
Slippi.gg
SIND#745
well CC is out and hold-DI is almost not effective....camping MIGHT be possible using a rapid tap DI right when the guns, but that would be much harder than what you do in melee since you will be forced to actually know EXACTLY when the guns wll charge

it still may not work tho... survived on the guns once as Lucario, the charge hit me up and i went back down to the guns....but then the charge hit me again...

also i played some teams matches...Ness on a team on MARIO CIRCUIT *****...just pk thunder EVERYTHING lol

oh also ness owns the smashball......pk thunder moves so much faster than characters....just let like everyone cluster-**** the smashball while u stay far away then snipe it with pk thunder...and eveyone is too far away to beat it out of you....i used 4 final smashes in one match cause upB is fast

on another note....the water in jungle japes ***** extra hard...also Ness' FS doesnt change depending on where he is when he uses it...it always fans from the center of the stage(also its garbage on newpork city)

o speaking of tap-DI...u can use to escape all sorts of bad situations....like smart bombs...and Lucario's fsmash...just rapid-tap the direction u want to move...this also works on most multi-hit attacks such as....Lucas' PK Thunder 2...oh and i successfully pulled off a combo on sum1 in which i hit them with 2 uairs in one double jump

but yeah about pk thunder 2....its much easier to make precision shots with it(altho pk thunder drifting is out) but when you use it whether you are on the ground or otherwise your opponents can be way more aggressive because they can throw out a single attack for the purposes of both hitting Ness and breaking the thunder

also: i specialize in 2v1 comebacks

and if anyone is curious...my most common opponents are: Wario, Dedede, Meta Knight, Lucario, Bowser, and P&O

...Wario has a really good dair...also its funny when he gets his bike and then eats it

oh and if you ever happen into a 4player FFA on New Pork City and there is a P&O in the fight....DO NOT find a small/secuded area of the stage to fight him 1v1....he is so small you wont know wtf he is ever doing
ACK! I just thought everyone should know that the part in the above post where i said Lucario's fsmash...i meant Lucario's FINAL SMASH

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
Here are some videos with ness/lucas (sorry if you already got some of these, i'm just trying to be helpful):
http://youtube.com/watch?v=uWk_kj4dprI
http://youtube.com/watch?v=xq4vJWBPOFA
http://youtube.com/watch?v=r16r9mgJZo0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7EXvJTf6EcA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-D4VmaAjBc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7EFbvwKpV8 (the first two battles)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqvLO3VRTx4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sqz4IWRUP0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtYTFD8AvoY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WTQo0Ra89tU (victory theme)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5CIZYzL9s (final smashes @ 3:55 and 4:02)

Sorry for posting so many... I just wanna help. I admire how most of you spend hours on end discovering things about brawl and share the discoveries with others. I thought I knew some stuff about Ness but I was proved wrong (especially with that Yo-yo glitch: cracked thread... holy ****). I have found that many of you are much more deserving of my name. I salute you, my fellow Ness fans!

Levitas

the moon
Lol, probably should have posted that in the Ness video thread. Thanks, I'll see if there are any that aren't there already.

Also, welcome to smashboards!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Hey Simna, is it still easy for people to get out of Ness's one-two punch and running attack with tap DI?

Also, PKfire is worth it now, right? Like even with tap DI it'll still do decent damage if it hits at low %?

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Well ... I can say this, at least.

My friends are all familiar with my PK Fire tricks with Ness, and used to DIing out of it.

But in Brawl, I don't think it's working as well for them. I feel better able to do things when they're stunned. Particularly grabs. I can run at them when they're aflame, kind of skid as I do my grab, and get them very, VERY often when they're caught in the fire.

One of my favorite things to do is PK Fire, then grab them, hold them for a second so the last couple hits of the fire hit them, then down throw. Fire, Fire, FIRE!!

EDIT: Asked one of said friends' opinions, and they agree PK Fire is harder to DI out of.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
That is excellent, especially since it does so much damage now.

Also, instead of just holding them in the flames, why not pummel a bit while you're at it?

Depending on how good the hitboxes on PK fire are, you could probably even go PKfire, grab, back throw them into the pillar and then grab again.

At low % of course.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
No, sadly, there's not enough time for that, the bthrow animation takes too long. PK Fire either completely absorbs them in itself so that it's almost impossible to get out of(Great place for a bat at high %s due to the fact that PK Fire doesn't hit up as much) or the pillar barely hits them. Tap DI might be the way to get out of it. Also, the stuff Aevin was talking about was super possible in Melee too, I did it ALL the time.

Also, new use of PK Fire I'm trying to make use of, PK Fire into PKT2. With PKT2s new speed and PK Fire's enrapturability, I think it's possible.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Also, the stuff Aevin was talking about was super possible in Melee too, I did it ALL the time.

Also, new use of PK Fire I'm trying to make use of, PK Fire into PKT2. With PKT2s new speed and PK Fire's enrapturability, I think it's possible.
I did, too. But my grabs missed too often. Jump canceled grabs, at that. Their DIing was more effective. Perhaps they were DIing up, or they just escaped more quickly. Either way, I'm telling you this is MUCH easier to do in Brawl.

As for the PK Fire to PKT2, I'm sure it would work on the ground. I also use it as a recovery--PK Fire ledge guarding opponents as you fall, then PKT2 at an upward angle to hit them while they struggle. Usually, they have just enough time to escape, but it sure scares the hell out of them and screws up their ledge guarding.

BTW ... "Enrapturability" is an awesome word. :)

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I try.

And I know its easier, I'm just saying I did it in Brawl too.

Also, Ness's grab range is good in brawl now, with pivot grabs. Just start a dash and immediately grab, you get the immediate starting dash, and then when you start the grab, Ness steps forward the distance of his grab range and does a grab from there. It's really good.

Ademisk

Smash Champion
I haz video now, but I'm waiting on some more. Almost ready to completely destroy and transform this thing into something beautiful.

Actually, COULD A MOD DESTROY THIS THREAD PLEASE? I'm gonna just add my new stuff to Jman's video thread, so this thread isn't going to be neccessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom