• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ness's infinate on diddy

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if this is found already (probably is), but here is ness's infinite on diddy kong x].
credits goes to Kanamaru, player from Japan who is in charge of the ness boards in suma-comu (japanese smashboards basicly). He asked to have this recorded, and gave me permission to show you guys too so here you go x]:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXPu-KR9qZk&feature=sub

video credit goes to my friend LT, aka RozeAkito.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Sup Kenny!

Most of the cast has this Banana Footstool on Diddy. I forget where the video is, but other characters were shown doing it. Meta Knight is ridiculous.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
What input is being used to re-grab the banana in the air? (and does it matter?)
Z. I guess you CAN grab it using air dodge or an aerial move, but that will cause lag and might not let the footstool happen :3. if you push Z it will grab the banana with no lag (as shown :3)

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Wooooow. I'm going to start doing this now. :) Nice find so nice!

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Looks pretty hard to do. And I think you don't have the chance to do this that often.
But it can be usefull though.
This ^^

It's very hard to do, plus it just makes Diddy more careful with his bananas.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Doesn't look incredibly difficult, at least compared to some of the techs I'm currently learning.

Anyways, this isn't entirely impractical. It sets up into itself. Imagine with me for a second.

Glide Toss Trip > Jump > quick footstool > Infinite.

Very possible to do, in my opinion. It also makes Diddy have to be more careful, meaning he can't use bananas as much, hurting his MUs.

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
This ^^

It's very hard to do, plus it just makes Diddy more careful with his bananas.
of course it will be hard to do, but according to kanamaru and others on the ness boards(in Japan), once you practice it its easy to do. But of course I don't have the time to practice so idk :3.

Also to clarify on the regrabbing of banana, I asked him and this is what he said:

the 1st bounce, catch using z,
2nd bounce catch with a delayed z (thats why you see the banana kind of warp to ness's hand, LOL)
3rd bounce, you 'can' catch with z, but its easier to catch with air dodge.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I'm guessing you can also alter to use DJC in some way, but it wouldn't be an infinite then.... also, could they possibly super SDI so that they move away enough to escape, or is it not possible to SDI a nanner in such a way?

kennypu

Smash Journeyman
I'm guessing you can also alter to use DJC in some way, but it wouldn't be an infinite then.... also, could they possibly super SDI so that they move away enough to escape, or is it not possible to SDI a nanner in such a way?
yes, I believe you cannot. I am not 100% sure, but I'm quite sure that the trip animation when you trip on a naner cannot be altered. Watch a character trip when in full running animation and when they trip standing still, I'm sure its the same. but again I'm not 100% sure.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
of course it will be hard to do, but according to kanamaru and others on the ness boards(in Japan), once you practice it its easy to do. But of course I don't have the time to practice so idk :3.
I'm not saying "oh it's hard so therefore I won't try it", I'm just saying I'd think if you mess up it's bad. But I suppose if you do practice enough you will not.

I'd just hope that a lot of Diddy's decide to fork over a banana happily to make sure I can win. C:

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
The more times I read this thread

The more times I watch that video

The more pissed I become that I can't practice this because someone stole my Wii's power cable at LBT2 (seriously who steals a power cable -_-).

This might actually tip this MU in Ness' favor, but it's a bit premature to say that yet.

Xebenkeck

Smash Lord
Just so you know every character has one of these.
Not nessecaily, this looks aerial speed dependant, and to me it looks like ness is DJC the footstool(with the item), something only he, yoshi, and lucas can do in brawl.

Anti-banana game evolving

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
There's probably only a few characters who have the aerial mobility to properly move around to keep this going no matter what direction the banana trips them in. Off the top of my head: Ness, Lucas, Yoshi, Wario, Squirtle, Jiggs. probably

Bartolon

Smash Lord
I shall practice this in the weekend =O

btw Kennypu, Do you have kanamaru on msn or something? I would like to speak him =O
I also have some ness videos on nicovideo.jp and those japanese players like me alot O.o

Uffe

Smash Hero
Looks pretty hard to do. And I think you don't have the chance to do this that often.
I wouldn't dismiss it right away, though. You know the saying, "Practice makes perfect." And if this sort of thing has been done before in matches, then I can see this working for Ness, too.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I've got a quick question about this infinite. Can Diddy Kong tech out of it? From the video, it looks like he can, but he's not. Or am I just imagining things?

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yeah, at first glance this does look rather difficult, however just like anything else, i am sure practice makes it more than feasible.

Uffe, just looking at it i could see your point, but i have no idea to be honest.

Bynine

Smash Cadet
Can Diddy Kong infinate other characters with this? Because that would be bad news.

Good to see Ness getting some new techniques at last, although from what I read on this thread he ain't the only one.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
the timing is pretty tricky to do even for me on D3. Honestly i found PKMN trainers to be alot more challenging to do. You gotta make sure you time the jump height so that you can catch the nanner.

This is hilarious! Is it as legit as it looks?
Its legit. The reason it becomes an infinite is because as long as you have control of the nanner and Diddy is stuck in some kind of animation delay [footstool, trip animation] you control where he trips with the nanner. Just watch the vids of it and see for yourself.

NessBrawler

Smash Cadet
This is a nice help, gotta take note of it when I fight a diddy...

How does this help the macthup btw?

Top Bottom