• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
It's not John-ing based on the reasons that I can't go to tourneys... I HAVE SCHOOL AND LIFE TO DO! If I slack on school, my parents won't give me the end of a string of anger, seeing as I'm the "smartest" in our family. I have work every Fri-Sat, so I can no longer go to Kirk's even if I wanted to. I have chess and important birthdays and family get-togethers that if I were to miss, not only would I be disappointing myself, but I would disappoint the people who I would be doing such things FOR.

It's a logical/mental tie; I have enough things going on that working in going to Smash Tourneys is actually a tasking process.

I STILL NEED TO SCHEDULE FOR TAKING MY NET+!!!

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I'm not surprised.

Especially because when I asked for you take on the DK MU you said. "It's easy, I just get Ooked whenever I play Ook" lmfao

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
It's effin' true though. It's like I'll have a lead on him, and then he does a ton of scary **** and I end up eating a fully charged fsmash. I can't even count the number of times Ook landed a sideb on me...

One time he broke my shield, I landed on a BF platform, and then he fully charged usmash killed me at 56%! :(

milesg2g

Smash Champion
lolol dude. That MU isn't as good as you think. I used to think it was 70:30 Ness. But then when like GR's started getting gayer he started ****** again lol.

*Tyson*

Smash Ace
Yeah.....i lost to a DK at MLG Dallas. I won the first game, then game 2 and 3 he ended up getting grabs when i had a 100% lead. Took me 0%-death. It was really upsetting.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
DK is pretty scary. Annoying how grab release kills at about 100. Course then again falcon's/Foxes grab release kills at about 85 haha, so he's far from the only one with a silly grab release thing. Never lost a set to a DK in tournament but it's an anxiety inducing matchup for sure.

NNID
Tofer_Magicant
DK is pretty scary. Annoying how grab release kills at about 100. Course then again falcon's/Foxes grab release kills at about 85 haha, so he's far from the only one with a silly grab release thing. Never lost a set to a DK in tournament but it's an anxiety inducing matchup for sure.
You should try getting grab released by Sonic .-.
Stupid hedgehog is too fast.

BluePsi, it's when you're grabbed and people just pummel waiting for you to get out of the grab. When Ness and Lucas do they have extra frames added to their animation, letting character (Marth, DK, Spacies, Sonic, etc) re grab them. Think of it as D3's chain grab across the level, but almost everyone can do it. And Marth can do the same thing but standing still, and when you're at a good percent he can tipper something.

Also, I did not know this until recently, you cannot Smash DI a tipper.

I hope I explained that right.

Dajayman

Yeah, that's pretty much it. You can DI away from Marth's/Charizard's infinite regrab to make it a small step regrab, but that doesn't help much and it allows Marth to have a tipper dsmash on release.

A lot of tournaments ban the infinite regrab though, but we still have to deal with grab release chain grabs and grab release > ftilt/dsmash from most characters. Even Lucas can grab release ftilt and Ness can grab release into another dash grab.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
It's really stupid and is 1 of the main reason Ness isn't higher on the Tier List. I've seen a Ness take a D3 so far in damage and then get grabbed till they can't do anything.

Dajayman

Last time I checked DDD doesn't have grab release shenangians on Ness/Lucas, they slide too far from DDD after the release and his tilts are too slow/short ranged for it. He still obviously has his normal dthrow CG though, which sucks just as much.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Except that DK can grab you at 0 and take you to 100 ;_;

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Last time I checked DDD doesn't have grab release shenangians on Ness/Lucas, they slide too far from DDD after the release and his tilts are too slow/short ranged for it. He still obviously has his normal dthrow CG though, which sucks just as much.
Which sucks even more. D3 has more grab range than DK last time I checked, and he stands pretty tall. Meaning that you have very little approach options. Ness has horrible ground games while D3 has outstanding ground game. Not to mention because he's so tall he can simply stay still even if you approach him w/ an aerial and still attack you w/ ground attacks. Oh yeah he has a pretty big shield and spotdodge.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
This isn't quite true either.

I mean yes grab does wreck dk but he can hold his own as shown @ KTAR3. Will 2-0'd Atomsk's D3.

Dajayman

That was probably with infinite/small step cg banned.

DK does have a much better ground game, spaced downb is amazing. Also rising bairs can also keep DDD away as well (landing bairs = shield grab).

Still it's an uphill battle for DK.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
It wasn't banned lol. He just beat him. DK is that character NO ONE should underestimate. He wins completely off of underestimation lolol. DK does a lot better in that then Ness period. Because of the ground game.

_clinton

Smash Master
Since we are talking about scary good DK's I should point out that I know of a good DK as well that I've had the joy of fighting offline with a few times:
http://allisbrawl.com/profile/MasterCheeze.ai

Also, why isn't the Gutsy Bat in the poll option? That thing is scary good even if you can only get it like right by Giygas' door. It gives Ness an accuracy boost because of the huge guts improvement and in general Ness will have max attack when using it.

Also Heavy Bazooka is by far better than the Sword of Kings, both have perfect accuracy for starters and on average HB will do more damage to a single enemy than the SoK will.

_clinton

Smash Master
I have no issue of cheating when it comes to collecting things like the Sword of Kings if I want it, I recommend you guys do the same thing.

_clinton

Smash Master
I played EB for the 1st time when I was a kid as well.

Anyway, anyone up for a brawl btw?

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
The DK chaingrab is still a guessing game due to ness having some freedom to choose where he lands after the release. For a DK to get you from 0-100 takes a lot of lucky reads. Even in friendlies/tournament matches with DK's who know how to do this I've never been 0-100'd lol. It is quite sad nonetheless, but thus is the life of Ness for a lot of gay things in this game.

ViceGrip

Smash Journeyman
When he's holding you up there you will either break to the left or right of the dk, you control it. If the DK has godlike reaction speed in theory he would make no mistake in re-grabbing you but I have not seen this put into practice with a good ness vs a good dk in tournament.

_clinton

Smash Master
When he's holding you up there you will either break to the left or right of the dk, you control it. If the DK has godlike reaction speed in theory he would make no mistake in re-grabbing you but I have not seen this put into practice with a good ness vs a good dk in tournament.
So just hold left or right? Wow I feel bad now.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
What? I thought that the direction you grabbed ness would be the direction he comes out to get regrabbed. ehehe so it's been one big mind**** against nesses I've played.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Yeah, but DK still has 30 frames to see which direction you went before doing the regrab.

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
for future reference, what can DK get on ness if he perfectly acts? I only regrabbed, Dtited or ftilted because it seemed safe. Can he get a headbutt or down smash on ness?

_clinton

Smash Master
He can get a Dsmash on both Ness and Lucas, still kind of POed that it was so easy to change direction. It always has to be so simple huh?

_clinton

Smash Master
Personally if it is a serious match (friendlies watch out because I'm random lol), I'm not really a fan of infinites or even doing things like going from 0-100 with them being able to do jack about it but I'm ok with throwing these out a few times per grab as well as using a finisher on them if it is open on them. I guess this might be because I'm not ok with potentially a good % of the cast becoming useless in something that is meant to be fun for the 1st thing about it.

Top Bottom