• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I honestly don't know what's going on.

All I know is that gashi is overrunning this thread... :(
EDIT: Does anyone know some people going to University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign who plays smash well? Everyone I've played is a nub...

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
lol whoops, I said flower lmao.

And Im not taking over the thread... Or at least im not trying too, I mean, I didnt even bring up the topic of my username, I just responded to it.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
kk.

I'm still calling you Gashi. xP

Oh, I'm going to dual main Ness and Kirby from now on. I can use Kirby well AND consistently. I use Ness better, but inconsistently.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
You should start, Gashi, especially considering how much you've posted in the last month or two.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
OMFG ITS JOHNWALT, I remember you :D

And Eagle, I use Ness when I get him on random.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I sadly don't remember you JWalt... Although your name SOUNDS familiar, I don' remember. :( I feel sad b/c of that.

Getting Ness on random ain't gonn' cut it, Gashi. xP Gotta be pro-tastic. xD

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I feel like we need to do something cool, because this board is dead.... I just don't know what.
If I was competent with video editing, I would propose a Community Combo Vid like some of the older Ness mains did a long time ago. Sadly, I'm not good at video editing AND I have no access to a Wii. :(

It would need to be full of only super-awesome clips, because the whole "oh look, PKT2s and DAir Spikes and BThrow setups" combo vids are repetitive.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
Oh, I'm going to dual main Ness and Kirby from now on. I can use Kirby well AND consistently. I use Ness better, but inconsistently.
This is what I do! :)

(hello ness boards i'm new here and have much intensive reading to do, pleased to make your acquaintance)

:phone:

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
What happened to all the old threads. Why is there only like 2 threads and 5 stickys.
Because this place diiiiied

Don't worry they're still there, the default forum settings normally only display threads that have been bumped within a month or so.

Welcome pidgezero_one. :reverse: Good luck with all of that reading, just ask if you need us to clear up any questions about Ness.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I team with a Ness on a semi-regular basis if that counts for anything. Last time we teamed, we took 4th place ;o

Yoshi + Ness is a pro team, not gonna lie. I seriously think these two have better chemistry in a teams fight than a lot of common high tier teams.

BluePSI

Smash Champion
NNID
BluePSI
I team with a Ness on a semi-regular basis if that counts for anything. Last time we teamed, we took 4th place ;o

Yoshi + Ness is a pro team, not gonna lie. I seriously think these two have better chemistry in a teams fight than a lot of common high tier teams.
I need to try this out some day on wi-fi with yoooou :D

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator

Wait really? I want to hear about this. A lot of the more successful Ness (and Lucas) partners make use of Magnet, I'm interested in knowing how Ness and Yoshi have chemistry.

hadesblade

Smash Lord
Me and this really cool guy were playing ness vs jigglypuff in a friendly and I was stomping him till I got greedy and died to a spike at 33%.

*flour, and no I don't want a unicorn making my cookies.
That's fine because the ponies that bake don't have horns.

Hai gashi.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
First off, because Ness and Yoshi tend to easily stay out of each others way when it comes to their attacks. If played right, Yoshi's eggs can also easily cover Ness' landings making Fair and Bair walls really safe, keeping stage control when control is taken. They also set up for each other very well. With Ness' high kill power and Yoshi's abundance of moves that always put the opponent in the same position, you can get a lot of team combo kills, not to mention Ness can set up Yoshi's grabs better than most (if timed correctly, Ness' down thorw guarantees yoshi a grab, his PK fire is free grab, down b, or nair / bair combo for yoshi, yoshi's grab release is always an air release meaning PK Flash, bair, uair, PKT2, etc, lots of fun other gimmicks as well).

Also, Yink just confirmed Green Ness for da bess Ness in Skype. Just fyi.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
yes yes yes yes yes...

Green Ness da bess (in teams).
I guess that makes sense for yoshi as a teammate... but I can sort of say the same thing about a lot of characters.

Samus is the best lower-tier character to team up with Ness, IMO, because he's got good range to either allow for a spam-off with the two characters or allow Ness to get in while projectiles are going off. Ness FH's over everything while Samus gets the ground covered with missiles, Zairs, and Charge Shots and Ness can come down with UAir, BAir, DAir at good times, but also PK Fire via FH PK Fire and PK Jump to pressure shields further. Ness and Samus need a TON of synergy in order to work well as a team though; you need to have an easy way of telling when you want to absorb, when to separate and what to do to assist your teammate WHILE separate (can use PK Jump anytime to jet away from Ness' problem momentarily if Samus needs assistance greatly, while Samus can just fire off some missiles or ZAir or Charge-shot to get Ness some help). I teamed with some good Samus on wifi one time, but that doesn't count much. If I ever get the chance, I wanna try and team with a good Samus main in IL... but the only one I know is Sago and he always teams with another top player as MK. :(

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Try walling with PK Fire and Eggs lobbing over Ness from behind. Wall of ****.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
One active, non-stickied thread within the past month!!!

Yeahhhhh!!! Dead board success!!!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Well ness/lucas and lucario work really well together as well. It seems lucario is quite good at getting out of danger(hmm....) and is one of ness' best healers. Sometimes see this lucario online and we have a blast pwning CPUs. We also sometimes do it with other players if they don't play nice(depending on our mood, sometimes we really want to fight and sometimes we just want to sit around and taunt all match+sudden death).

Yeah just came back from my first tournament. Although i didn't use ness much competitively(since lucas is my main) i used him alot in friendly matches and did pretty well with him. As for the tournament itself i did pretty decently in mid tier. Otherwise i got pretty pwned, but i suspect thats because after 6 hours straight of playing my skill decreases until i look like i'm a newbie.

And got to play melee(as you can see i now have a melee ness post-bit down at the bottom of the left side). Yay!

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
Anybody wanna give me a vid helping to explain how you PROPERLY platform cancel with Ness? Control inputs and all.

I can do it with some characters, but I want to know 1.) a better method of platform canceling, if such a method exists, and 2.) how to judge when you platform cancel while playing Ness.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
^ I'd like this too! I'm very much a visual learner... :(

Also thanks Neon Ness, will do! :)

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
I think you fried my brain right there. I can't take so high a level of "BAWWWWW" in one minute.

Top Bottom