• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Nesu] It's so deserted here I could find Criminal Caterpillars. (Post here if you're cool)

Best Ness Outfit?

• Total voters

Dajayman

Banned via Administration
One reason to play Bowser: Gimpyfish.

Besides the amazing abilities of Gimpyfish that I try to emulate, I just <3 Bowser. I'm a big fan of Bowser in Mario games.

Kholdstare

Nightmare Weaver
I was toying around with Brawl yesterday and picked Ness for no reason. Now I main him. He's so **** FUN to play as. And he's GOOD. My favorite moves:

• BAir
  • FAir
  • USmash
  • FSpec
  • Dash Attack

Also, I haven't read any guides, and don't plan on. The weak must learn.

§leepy God

Smash Master
One reason to play Bowser: Gimpyfish.

Besides the amazing abilities of Gimpyfish that I try to emulate, I just <3 Bowser. I'm a big fan of Bowser in Mario games.
Gimpyfish said that Ness was horrible. :p

Being a fan of Bowser in the Mario games is alright though.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
How to play ness:
spam psi magnet and camp the ledge.... Wait wut? Trying to understand my gameplay?

Dajayman

Simna > Gimpyfish. That's why he doesn't like Ness. Simna steals Gimpyfish's "thunder".

You still got to respect the man's Boozer skills.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Funnily enough, this is exactly what I do.

Plus shorthop to BAir. :3
Yink's homework for the night = COMPLETED. Post time;

Spamming fair is like, one the best possible thing you can do for spacing issues too. You can use it moving backwards and forwards.

Also I'm not sure if this is a legit strategy but I think my favorite thing to do is to shorthop to bair and do it several times (making sure I'm not too low) and ware down a shield. Here's an example from "No Koast" lol:

At "No Koast" tourney this past weekend. I kept doing that to a good Marth. Then I went and did a PKT2 mindgame and when he shielded it shattered. I then stood back a little bit, taunted and charged up a PKFlash.

...does this make me a bad person? I could've bthrown him or bair'd him again...but he kept trying to infinite grab me.

Dajayman

Heh, I almost went to NO KOAST. Unfortunately I had no money...

A smart player won't let their shield get that pressured, that Marth clearly was overconfident that he could auto-win with the infinite grab and wasn't being cautious. So I bet he tried shield grabbing, but too bad a spaced bair pushes people back too far.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
i do not understand

please elaborate, kind sir
EXACTLY!

10WTFwasTHAT?s

I feel like im one of the weirder ness mains in that I prefer the ground, use PSI Magnet and PKflash a lot, and always want to get on the edge. When im on my A game, my mindgames are like trying to guess the next number in a RNG where the number can be anywhere from 1 to 100000... yeah, the chances are unlikely, but some people do pick up the pattern of my insanity and can adapt and own my mindgame-y ways, which is when i return to spamming fair and other simpler stuff, rather than trying to get too complex and putting myself in a bad situation... when on the edge, I see nearly everything my opponent does and, since ness has one of the weirdest jumps in the game, I can either wait out below as my opponent tries to stagespike me and rise up with something else, or i can just get up on the stage and resume the grounded kicking of stuff...

You'd understand if you played me, but i still follow the same principle ideas of ness: aerials, bthrow, yadayada... i just incorporate as much as i possibly can to the most effective it can be applied... In B+, you must spam the magnet! It is that good!!!

basically, I can incorporate PSI Magnet so that I use it safely and effectively for moving around and absorbing, and also I use the ledge to, in my own mind, gain an upperhand on my opponent... truthfully, I find being on the ledge is much less restrictive than attacking the person who is on the ledge. Take MK planking for example...

Dajayman

Charging usmash hanging over the ledge > any ledge move (ledgehop/drop, getup attack, roll, jump).

I noticed we aren't discussing any generals like this thread title says. Who is your favorite army general?

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
(first off I apologize if this is old information, I'm not exactly up to date with the Ness board's happenings :p)

So Shaky and I decided test why sometimes Snake's utilt misses Ness out of grab release. After going over the video/testing in debug mode here's what I came up with:

- If Ness breaks out during frames 1-6 of Snake's pummel and DIs away he'll be out of range.
- If Ness breaks out during frame 7 of Snake's pummel he'll avoid the super powerful 6F hitbox and instead get hit by the not-as-powerful 8F hitbox
- If Ness breaks out during frames 8-21 of Snake's pummel he'll be in range.

I suspect this happens because during frames 1-6 Ness is simply further forward than he is during the other frames (when Snake chokes him he pulls Ness back a bit). Maybe this explains that whole EIDI thing? I'll check some more stuff at a later time to see.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Hi, Hotgarbage! Thanks for that bit of info there. :) Can't wait to see the video(s).

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
(first off I apologize if this is old information, I'm not exactly up to date with the Ness board's happenings :p)

So Shaky and I decided test why sometimes Snake's utilt misses Ness out of grab release. After going over the video/testing in debug mode here's what I came up with:

- If Ness breaks out during frames 1-6 of Snake's pummel and DIs away he'll be out of range.
- If Ness breaks out during frame 7 of Snake's pummel he'll avoid the super powerful 6F hitbox and instead get hit by the not-as-powerful 8F hitbox

I suspect this happens because during frames 1-6 Ness is simply further forward than he is during the other frames (when Snake chokes him he pulls Ness back a bit). Maybe this explains that whole EIDI thing? I'll check some more stuff at a later time to see.
This could explain it perfectly. I do remember looking a frames in a pummel that ness couldn't EIDI. Of course timing will solve all this and make EIDI useful.

So let's get together and shun the EIDI non believers!

Shunnnnnn

Shunnnnnn

SHUNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNA

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Heh, I almost went to NO KOAST. Unfortunately I had no money...

A smart player won't let their shield get that pressured, that Marth clearly was overconfident that he could auto-win with the infinite grab and wasn't being cautious. So I bet he tried shield grabbing, but too bad a spaced bair pushes people back too far.
I think he yelled "f*ck" at least 5 times after the match...also dude, I would've payed for you to come! : (

Ref you are amazing for making a Charlie reference. This thread couldn't get anymore win in it.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Hakumen.

I'll try to come to the next NO KOAST. All Ness mains always love meeting me.
Everyone loved meeting me. Lain even did doubles with me because he thought I was really good. Those were fun. :D Yes yes, come to the next one.

I like Robert E. Lee for my Colonel.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wow you must strongly dislike black people

Even though the civil war wasn't really fought about slavery....

Dajayman

Slavery was the last thing the Civil War was fought for. In fact, slavery just happened to be abolished because the North realized they could get black people to join the army to fight for their "freedom" (poor black people didn't even get real freedom until after the civil rights movement) if they promised it to them after they won the war.

Yeah, I'm good at history.

Kitamerby

Smash Hero
So according to the new SSB64 tier list, Ness is now low tier or worse in all 3 Smash games.

He's on that Link status now. =D

Levitas

the moon

This is something I have never considered and therefore did not test. Unfortunately if it is frame specific as per your description, there's really no way to do this consistently, but looking into it would be cool if someone were to do it.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
Hi, Hotgarbage! Thanks for that bit of info there. :) Can't wait to see the video(s).
Oh, there won't be any videos :p. I meant that I looked over the footage of Shaky and I testing this.

This is something I have never considered and therefore did not test. Unfortunately if it is frame specific as per your description, there's really no way to do this consistently, but looking into it would be cool if someone were to do it.
Very true.... hitting a 6 frame window with a grab break is pretty lol. It might be possible some of the time with a lot of work though. Ref's old thread may be of use here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209846 .

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Oh, there won't be any videos :p. I meant that I looked over the footage of Shaky and I testing this.

Very true.... hitting a 6 frame window with a grab break is pretty lol. It might be possible some of the time with a lot of work though. Ref's old thread may be of use here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=209846 .
This dude is my bro he taught me how to get frame data with his thread, and realized that everything i explored had a purpose.

Yes. EIDI takes skill and timing if all turns well. Nothing you can't work towards. Just get that mental math going and your good. All we need now is marth's pummeling time and an exact frame range.

Now if it exist then stop hating on me please... WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS WHY CAN'T WE BE FRIENDS!??????? Umm i don't know what to say other then other then thank you Sir for testing that and Levitas should be nicer to me now.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I deleted it because it was hopeless putting it up against disbelievers.

Those who believed already saw. The thread was locked as well. So i gave up.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
So I know this is COMPLETELY unrelated to what we're talking about now, but I just realized and was informed that my friends are using my garage as a halloween theme. On one side they're doing Earthbound, on the other side MOTHER 3.

I'm going as Hinawa, so I get to have one of my friends brutally rip me apart in front of a lot of little kids with blood flying everywhere. :D

Top Bottom