• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Netbook users?

Junpappy

Smash Lord
I'm thinking about buying a netbook and wanted to get some insight from netbook users.

My main concern is regarding performance for HD video playback. I download a lot of videos and most of them are encoded in HD settings. I don't want to have to convert videos just to be able to play them on a netbook if I end up getting one.

Can netbooks usually handle HD videos without stuttering?

What about netbooks with discrete graphics installed (such as Nvidia Ion or whatever other options netbooks might offer)?

Is it basically a must to get 2GB of RAM if it doesn't already come equipped out of the box (for video playback or overall system performance)?

I'd appreciate any feedback.

Dastrn

BRoomer
BRoomer
The best feedback I can give you is don't get a netbook. If you want something light and portable, get a tablet. If you want something with a keyboard, get a 14 inch laptop. netbooks serve no purpose in today's market.

Junpappy

Smash Lord
How well do tablets handle HD video? I'd want something to handle a bunch of different containers and codecs.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I concur. I'm using a Netbook, and they're sucky, really. If u really have to get one, make sure it has built-in verizon networking, if you want good internet pricing for wireless. Make sure u have verizon wireless at ur home, though. (Hugesnet is terrible pricing, BTW. That's why I recommend verizon). Plus most do not even have a CD drive. Mine doesn't. I suggest wat the other guy did. Buy a laptop.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm pretty sure if you want to watch HD video, a netbook will not be adequate.

Top Bottom