• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Never forget how much you've improved

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
When you're in slumps, just look back at old matches and realize just how far you've come. Use this to refresh your mind and continue to improve. Never give up and keep up the good work.

Just take a look at my first Brawl match saved on my Wii:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qirs2-JAZtg

Now compare it to a match I have a year later:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Baf_s40Lklo

So when you're down, just remember how far you've come and how far you can still go :D

Yes, the first match is very good.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Haha I like that first match. I have my first saved somewhere on one of my friends' wiis.

I hate slumps where you don't improve. I feel like I'm in one right now.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol yeah those were the good days.. my first wifi match.. l had to fight against a smashball user and he wouldnt stop talking ****.. but now l can do so much now... those were the really good days.. from june 08 to august 09 is where it's at baby!

also remember the meta-game was just a little baby back then, so edgehogging wasn't really natural and ****. Not like where you wavedash to edgehog and wait a second for them to use upb lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
I've made the choice to never look back... Right now I can tell you the three next things I'm going to train at with Luigi (and it's big stuff imo ;D) ; but I couldn't tell you the three last improvements I made.

It must be another method or I don't know what ._.

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
I started playing brawl in April of '09... I think I improved a bit, but it's hard for me to catch up with everyone who's been playing at the beginning of Melee and then Brawl... It's quite hard for me on a competitive level. But when it comes to scrubs, I got it pretty good nowadays compared to when I was one of the scrubs.

Riickable

Smash Cadet
Yeah my friend has the japanese brawl.
2pro stuff. You need a japanese wii too.
He bought it to hasten the European Delay.

mars16

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5429-8906-2115
I couldn't stand the first time I played online, I kept getting chaingrabbed.

Top Bottom