• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New advance techs. Reverse Peach bomber and toad. *Bonus Fair edge cancel*

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
2 tech I found this morning while trying to turnip cancel off the edge. I was practiceing some stuff for todays tournament that I have in N.J when i did these 2 tech by mistake. To do the reverse bomber, you have to dash. And as soon as you hit B, quickly tap the stick in the other direction. Done right, You will F-B the other way from your dash animation. rember, hit B FIRST then tap the stick the other way. If you do it at the same time, it won't work.

For the reverse toad, Do you a dash and hit the control stick the other way. As soon as you tap the stick, let go of it quickly and hit B. Done right Peach will stop and toad in the other direction. This one is kinda harder. Because if your timing is not right, Peach will end up sliding in the other direction and nothing will happen. So you have to be fast.

The Fair ledge cancel is not something that I made up. Just something I noticed you can do but have to be quick. If you do a fair on stage from the edge fast enough, you can attack with Fair and it will auto cancel and you can do w/e you want right after. fair is the only air move that lags if you land at the wrong. if you unleash the attack and Peach's arm does not swing all the way down a few frames before the attack is over, you will lag. So this is another good way to get back on stage. people wont see what hit/grab them.

The ledge cancels I'm gonna put to work since I can do them mostly all the time. And the turnips off the edge too. I can control both of these well. The reverse bomber and toad is more mindgame type. The bomber can be used as some sort of spacing tool or a fake out when one is chasing you. Can throw them off guard. surprise attack. Also can be good to punish people who roll and side step alot. But don't abuse this too much, bomber can leave you open for a hit that can cost you a stock. I'm using these things at todays tourny and see how this goes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2MD77y4eqw&feature=channel_page&fmt=18

Maybe its my crappy computer but if the link above does not work for you, then use the default one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2MD77y4eqw

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
The fair cancel I found a couple months ago, it works REALLY well on Brinstar :) But I hadn't posted it, so good job. The Peach bomber reversal is something I haven't seen before :o I like.

ffdgh

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4768-8177-0708
gotta learn how to use the f air tec
nice vid btw

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The reverse toad is the pain to do. I can do it half the time. The stick in this game is so sensitive. Which is why you can run and do bair airs while moving foward. And the other way around with fair. I'm gonna get this down with some more practice.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...the reverse toad could definitely do more to help against hasty Marths. Good find.

ExCeL 52

Smash Lord
Good job for adressing this.
But I've known about this.. I do it all the time.. In fact I even do the reverse toad on accident sometimes.

Xyless

Smash Master
I've known about the reverse moves for months (is it really advanced? I don't know), but the ledge fair cancel is news to me. I'll have to get that incorporated ASAP.

Excel_Zero

Smash Lord
This is just using the same logic as B Sticking. I've known this since like forever, but it's not really that useful with Peach.

It's way too good with Marth and ZSS though. Reverse dancing blade is broken.

And I think that someone did discover that ledged fair already, because I kinda saw it before. Not too sure though...

goodkid

Smash Lord
I've been using the reverse forward-b, didn't think to try reverse toad >_<. Ledge canceled fair isn't new, its just a ledge hop attack, but I rarely use it so I may start incorporating this.

Niko_K

Smash Master
All this is, is the momentum shifting you get from B-Sticking, done without B-Sticking.. Nothing new at all.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Lol...I do that fair cancel like aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalll the time. I know I did it to you the last time we played on wifi as well. And the only reason I started doing it was coz I saw Edrees do it tons and coz I asked about the inputs in Q and A thread or sum other thread here months ago and Villi told me how to do it. ;D

Nice finds on the b reversed toad and bomber. That's defnitely sumtin I can use and implement into my game (especially the toad). Good ****. =O

edit: yea...disregard my first paragraph, i barely read your youtube description. xD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hate to rain on your parade but I've known about the Peach Bomber/Toad thing for ages. Infact -

Reverse Toad
What it says on the tin. This only works in the air though. What you do is tap the opposite direction your facing and immediatly press B (don't press them together or do it too soon or you'll do a Peach Bomber). You'll use Toad but you'll be facing the opposite direction. This was possible in Melee but no one used Toad then. I'd like to point out that this is not like the Reverse Punches. It has no extra turning or start up animation. It acts as though you've used Toad normally but instead you're facing the other way. I personally love this move as it's very useful for if I'm facing the wrong way in the air and someone like Meta Knight is chasing me and about to hit me with something. It can also be used to trick people if they're try to edge hog me and they're charging up a smash attack. Simply unleash Toad in their face :D Since there's no difference to using Toad normally, they don't expect it. This can be done with a lot of B moves (well apart from ones like Sonic's Homing Attack) so I imagine people know about this. But it doesn't hurt to say it again
Reverse Toad is in my Toad guide as well...you'd be hard pressed to find something I don't know about the little mushroom man xD

This is known as B reversal. You can do this with Peach's parasol as well which is why you have to be careful when recovering. Everyone can B reverse

Reversing Toad is a pain to do but really useful as well. There's two types:

1. Press B and then hit the opposite way. Peach pulls out Toad and changes her momentum (if she was moving right, she bounces left in the air)

2. Press the opposite way and then press B. Peach keeps her momentum going the same way but Toad is used in the opposite direction

It's nice to remind everyone of these things now and then though :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well I feel silly. Being a Melee Falco main I should have a little more enlightenment with the "properties" of the B button. Good job on reminding those who needed it anyway.

•Col•

Smash Champion
Every character with a Side B and Neutral B can do this.... >.>

At least the fair cancel thing is cool.

Top Bottom