• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New announcer guy?

HYPER-MAN

Smash Rookie
What do you think about the new announcer voice?
I personally think the voice a bit more exaah-gger-a-ted!!

RedMage8BT

Smash Lord
It sounds like the guy is trying to sound epic and failing. I liked Melee's more... announcer-type voice. The Brawl voice is just unnecessarily deep, and has no feeling to it.

ConeZone

Smash Ace
i don't mind it but i haven't heard too much of it, just a few people from the character select screen..i dont know why they changed though

Senshuu

Smash Journeyman
I like Melee's more, too. He sounds more fun.
I'll probably get used to this guy though. I don't think I liked Melee's at first, either, after all.

Krell

Smash Journeyman
I liked the 64 announcer best, he just sounded awesome. Melee announcer is good and epic, and he does a good job of it. I really don't care for the Brawl announcer, though, but the English one will be somewhat different so we'll have to wait and see.

captainfalconmute

Smash Ace
i dont like the new announcer, as you said, hes a bit too exaggerated. i didnt like melee's either, his voice wasnt exaggerated enough.

the only one i like is the one from SSB64 (although ive heard its the same guy as from melee, not sure).
that opening screen, SUPER SMAAAAASH BROS! so epic lol :D

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I like the Brawl announcer. Think he does a good job, and I just like it because it's a change from Melee.

WeXzuZ

Smash Apprentice
The Brawl Announcer is good. He sounds very serious and epic at the same time.
He does it a bit dramatically with the "Ganondorf" though.
This just got me wondering if the European version of Brawl will get their own announcers as in 64.

Top Bottom