• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT for Zamus, Sheik, Sonic and others.

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Zamus, Sheik, Sonic and possibly Toon Link all have D-Airs that propel them toward the ground like an aerial Falcon Kick. Four distinct times while using these characters, I've been able to slow the attack to about half the speed it normally is. Imagine a very slow, almost low-grav version of an aerial Falcon Kick.

I don't know exactly how to do it yet, but I've been able to do it with three characters now. Anyone have any ideas for a name? I guess I get to choose since I discovered it, right?

Edit:

Okay I figured out how to do it. It's only on the return-- that is, after you get hit into the air by your opponent, the momentum left over from their attack will slow your dair. It's been very useful in some situations and I'm trying to include it in my game now.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
^^You could call it Dair Momentum Stalling, or DMS for short. Try to figure out how to control this. It could make for an excellent mindgame tool.

susu_atari

Smash Ace
Before giving this tech a name, we first need to give a name to the sub-category of Dairs that cause the character to drop like that. I call 'FalD' (Falling DAir - Pronounced 'Falled').

This tech could simply be called "FalD Slowing".

battousai555

Smash Ace
^^You could call it Dair Momentum Stalling, or DMS for short. Try to figure out how to control this. It could make for an excellent mindgame tool.
If it works as an efficient mind game, how about Powerful Mindgame Stall, or PMS for short? :)

dmbrandon

Smash Master
Zamus, Sheik, Sonic and possibly Toon Link all have D-Airs that propel them toward the ground like an aerial Falcon Kick. Four distinct times while using these characters, I've been able to slow the attack to about half the speed it normally is. Imagine a very slow, almost low-grav version of an aerial Falcon Kick.

I don't know exactly how to do it yet, but I've been able to do it with three characters now. Anyone have any ideas for a name? I guess I get to choose since I discovered it, right?
It's when you get hit.

Enlong

Smash Journeyman
Here's a name: How about Moonfall, 'cause the move makes you fall as though you were in moon gravity?

Xanderous

Smash Lord
Okay I figured out how to do it. It's only on the return-- that is, after you get hit into the air by your opponent, the momentum left over from their attack will slow your dair. It's been very useful in some situations and I'm trying to include it in my game now.

Fanewgie

Smash Ace
I noticed this last night while giving Sheik some game time. Ice Climbers' dair acts like this too, though not nearly as fast as these others.

I didn't really consider it an advanced technique though. If anything, I thought it was just a small bug that cancels out the move's momentum under certain circumstances.

S2

Smash Lord
I agree that this doesn't need a name.

Its not really an advanced tech anymore than using Down-B in Melee to give Ganon another jump. Its just a regular part of the game.

Top Bottom