• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT- Retreating Pivot Grab

Popertop

Smash Champion
I'm surprised most people don't use it.

retreating pivotgrab ***** a coulpe characters like Wario and Marth,
and is a big help in punishing certain aspects of some characters.
(spaced Nair with Snake is one example, instead of trying to beat it by spacing it, you can run underneath and pivot grab him as he lands)

A pivot grabbing D3 is a horrible beast to fight as a Wario, and a tourney I attended this weekend the same D3 knocked me out of both winners and losers.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Well I think you guys have this confused with normal pivot grabbing. You CANNOT do this technique outve a run. So popertop, your example with Snake doesnt work. It is not running to retreat followed by a pivot grab.

It is not the run/grab that you retreat with but the SLIDE that you gain when doing this technique WHICH THE REGULAR PIVOT GRAB DOESNT HAVE.

Also, Woody, when you put it that way, it is like grounded wavebouncing with grabs. People have actually said this can be done with other moves such as specials but its not confirmed yet.

Underload

Lazy
It's a grab out of a dash dance that doesn't seem to have a solid, important use. It isn't technical, you just need to count how many times your control stick slams on the side before pressing Z :/

Those are my thoughts, but keep up the work, maybe there could be an application.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's a grab out of a dash dance that doesn't seem to have a solid, important use. It isn't technical, you just need to count how many times your control stick slams on the side before pressing Z :/

Those are my thoughts, but keep up the work, maybe there could be an application.
actually it's a dash cancelled pivot grab, it makes you slide far

|RK|

Smash Marketer
People. This causes you to slide back WHILE pivot grabbing. You extend your range AND slide back. So Underload, how does it not have an important use? The opponent avoids your grab, and with a good enough sliding character (Marth, for example), you slide back during cooldown and possibly scape punishment. Doing this with laggy moves can help escape punishment as well with a good enough slide.

Top Bottom