• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New AT(?): the Gyro-Cancel

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
Greetings from the ROB boards!

So, we've been playing around with ROB's Gyro, and found something cool that you guys might benefit from: the Gyro-cancel. If ROB activates the Gyro in mid air and immediately hits shield to cancel it, it will cancel in the first few frames, allowing him to wavebounce/pivot in mid air.

Now, DK's B attack (donkey punch?) has a lot of the same charge properties as the Gyro, so he SHOULD be able to cancel in much the same way. Now, I haven't gotten it to work, myself, but I'm a newb, so maybe other people can get it to work.

You can see two gyro-cancels at 2:14 in this video for an idea of what it is like-
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=yl6b79_1Th0

There you have it. The presence of ROB's technique proves that DK is, in fact, a robot. Come, join your fellow robot overlords in our dominance of the Smash Bros. world!

Cardd

Smash Cadet
i missed it, i think......
Rob did move a little but,

It was very little. If im looking at the right thing.
I dunno maybe im slow.

SpikeSpiegel19

Smash Ace
Basically u click B then directional input the opposite direction ur facing then quickly press L or R to cancel the charge, u'll b facing the direction u want as well as get a little boost

Kyle_Wattula

Smash Journeyman
THX, but unfortunately it's old as it was already used in Melee as a ledge hog Technique.

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
better video of the tech:
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=IZejjfEsS58

Asking why this is useful is like asking why wave dashing in Melee was useful. It allows you to change direction/speed in a way that the game mechanics shouldn't allow.

If NOTHING else, it is a pivot that will allow you to run forward, short jump, pivot, and stick out a back air faster then RARing, and without risking a trip.

Picture this, ROB is down below Final Destination and flying back up to catch the ledge. You drop off the edge, gyrocancel (I know, we need to find a better name for it) to pivot, NAIL rob with fair, and jump back up to the ledge. Come on, doesn't that sound useful?

Also, canceling the the B-charge so quickly allows you get get a free arm-pump on every short jump and still have time to attack the opponent.

surrepGuy

Smash Cadet
The second video makes it a lot clearer what gyro canceling is and that it actually does something. Honestly, it didn't look like much of anything was happening in the first vid you posted. Now we just need to find out if it works for DK.

Brahma

Smash Journeyman
It does work for DK, but a little slower since you can't immediately cancel the charge. It still works well though. I've been messing with FJ Bair off the ledge, then turnaround Fair, recover. Also FJ Fair, turnaround, DJ Bair.

Zastrozzi

Smash Cadet
Okay, so it at least works for DK. Now let's figure out a better name for it then Gyro-canceling :p

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
It does seem useful. Actually, pretty useful, now that I look at it. It can set up many mind games and works especially well for DK - Turn around and bair instead of fair. Plus, the quick charge time for the punch could make it even better.

I prefer "Punch Cancelling" or "Pivot Punching."

Top Bottom