• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ATs: Glide Drop, Weak Glide Toss, and More (Now With Video)

Commander_Beef

Smash Champion
Alternative

Okay there's something similar to this and it takes the place of the UFSS w/e, and it's the easiest thing to do that I think no one figured out but me:

"@" => R.O.B. (on whatever stage)

__@_____________
\
\_
\______

*You have the gyro in your hand*. . .
1.)do a glide toss ~~down-backward~~.
2.)immediately pick up gyro, before it disappears(it'll be in picking up range).

Normally you would still be sliding, but considering where the "@" is, R.O.B. will stop sliding momentum near cliff of the stage.
That's much easier to space with, along with keeping the gyro in your hand. . .

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I've got a demo video up of the basic Glide Drop and Diddy's Wheelbanana application of the Weak Glide Toss, for those who want another visual. I was surprised; this is really easy to commit to muscle memory if you put some real concerted effort into it. Nice find, ya'll :3
Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqImRJUXxAw
I LOVE YOU.

Can you do one for Turnip Dashing and perhaps the ROB techniques in the thread?

Edit: I added the video to the OP. If you can make one for Turnip Dashing and Dreidel
Dashing that would be awesome.

Edit 2: Added Snake to the list of characters who can Glide Drop. He can also Weak Glide Toss.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
This reminds me of thet technique where Ike tossed an banana and catched it before it got to the ground, sliding like the whole final destination. This looks interesting for dittys keeping even more pressure up on the opponent, nice find...

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
it works but its really hard to do. you have to press Z at the exactly frame or youll end up glide tossing, droping the item, or smash

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
He he this is very cool xD

Sonic can do this btw and he travels quite a far distance. I'm guessing this can't be done with stuff like Peach's Turnips because they don't have a 'chuck away' animation - you have to actually throw them if you want to get rid of them

The only Z Drop glide thingy I see happening in a proper match is if Peach gets a Beam Sword cause she can do it using that

But weak throwing a Turnip and re catching it whilst doing a Dash Attack is pretty cool xD Nice find to both of you

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I already knew about the thing with Peach. I was gonna put it in my next peach vid. Good stuff though for putting it up first :)

Nintendevil

Smash Ace
After seeing the vid, you didn't really do what I did. It's like a weak throw but you catch it in mid air. (I can see why Diddy didn't do that, but is that the purpose with ROB and Peach?) Also I get glide dropping but it would make more sense to Glide toss up and it's a lot easier.

Jihnsius

Smash Lord
After seeing the vid, you didn't really do what I did. It's like a weak throw but you catch it in mid air. (I can see why Diddy didn't do that, but is that the purpose with ROB and Peach?) Also I get glide dropping but it would make more sense to Glide toss up and it's a lot easier.
Glide dropping is only useful if you want to retreat with a beamsword, otherwise it's impossible in a no-items match.

As for weakthrowing and recatching, it's a really weird timing for both when you throw and also when you catch after the initial glide. It can be done without a dash attack with Peach and Diddy, just really, really hard.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Glide dropping is only useful if you want to retreat with a beamsword, otherwise it's impossible in a no-items match.

As for weakthrowing and recatching, it's a really weird timing for both when you throw and also when you catch after the initial glide. It can be done without a dash attack with Peach and Diddy, just really, really hard.
With Diddy, you can actually walk forward and pick the item up and you'll maintain some of the glide. You can't catch it without a Dash Attack, though.

Peach and ROB can catch the items out of the air before they hit the ground.

Bellioes

Smash Lord
With the zdrop GT, doesnt the character get the same slide as any other GT or is the glidetoss length different. Cause ROB normally has long a GT so Im thinking thats probably why his WGT and UFSS are long too. But I could be wrong. I really want to know because as Diddy, Im not seeing the difference between dribbling and UFSS besides a longer throwing animation with the UFSS.

XPretzelman

Smash Cadet
well this is great

ive tried and done all of it... except ROB's, I can get a shorter toss but its still too far to grab, can somone please post ROB's in a video?

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
well its gonna be confusing cause i called a diddy technique 'banana wheel' and u have Wheelbanana lol

Bellioes

Smash Lord
Ive been practicing Peachs WGT to recatch technique and I believe that if you chain them with decent timing, your actually faster than Peachs normal run. Im really liking Peachs dribbling :). Also, I was able to the trick with Diddys Peanuts XD I know its extremely situational and has almost no use in a real battle, its still something to be aware of.

Top Bottom