• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New ATs: ZAD, Slow Run, X-Slow Run, Ledge Running, Ledge Dashing

Staco

Smash Champion
Yes you can run slower if you are during your fastest run (without stopping).

I just discovered it ^^

If you run and tilt the controlstick down or up a bit (I prefer down since I have stick jump on) your animation gets slower and you will run slower!
I knew this after I tested it the first time, you simply can reduce your speed at any time, theres no problem with it. You just have not to tilt it to the maximum. And it doesnt soudn awesome. xD

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I discovered ledge running while fiddling with running speeds. However it seems a member named Jigglymaster encountered this before me so props to him.

Though, I believe I have achieved a better grasp on how to do it. Also, his method is different; it involves crouching and is quite odd IMO, so I'll just explain it a different way. Ledge running is simply running along the edge of a stage without falling off. So you will basically appear to be running in place along the ledge. I assume this can be used to effectively edgeguard with dash attacks, though I haven't tried it on a real opponent yet.

To do this, you have to approach the edge running at what seems to be speed 3. As long as you remain at speed 3, you will run in place and will not fall off the ledge. If you tilt the analog too far or too little, you will either stop in place or go to either speeds 4,5, or 6 and end up falling off.
Read this then tell me what is wrong with your post.

IrArby

Smash Ace
@BengalsRZ: as far as what Tero said, the thing about AT is the quality of them not the quantity as indeed there are alot for Brawl. However, no tech in Brawl has done so much for the game as say Crouch Canceling alone did from Melee and thats a lesser tech to say L-canceling or Dash Dancing.

Oh yea and on the relevant subject, I don't remember anyone using stickywalking as a mindgame in Melee (even Moonwalking was more or less only used as a flashy edgeguard) so I don't know what that will mean for this tech in Brawl. Its really more of an in depth analysis of walking and running than a tech I guess.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Luigi Player: I've tested it, and I'll add it to the main post and credit you in a bit.

IrArby: I know, there are a decent amount of ATs that are quite useful, though most are character specific. Melee had a lot more universal ATs though like Wavedashing, L-Cancelling, JC Grabs, etc. While Brawl's more useful ATs are things like Diddy's dribble, TL's double arrow, Link's arrow cancel, Snakes DAC. You get the point.

I agree with you on the second part, slow run in itself has very limited potential to be useful. Though it's needed to perform ledge running which I think has SOME potential. X-slow run on the other hand looks like it can be quite tricky. And yea, it really is just an analysis on running, but having "AT" in the title is more attractive xD

IrArby

Smash Ace
And yea, it really is just an analysis on running, but having "AT" in the title is more attractive xD
Lol you make a good point there. Whose to say what is or is not an AT? Theres no lack of character specific Melee techs either though. Anyway, thats not really relevant to the thread I'm just posting everywhere to feel important. .

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Lol you make a good point there. Whose to say what is or is not an AT? Theres no lack of character specific Melee techs either though. Anyway, thats not really relevant to the thread I'm just posting everywhere to feel important. .
xD Yea.

Anyways, I'm definitely not saying that Brawl as many or more ATs as melee, just that the ATs that this game does have are helpful. And yea lets try and get back on topic.

Top Bottom