• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New CG infinites on Wario, courtesy of ZSS, Bowser and Zelda!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
ZSS
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=182441

A grab release CG posted today, works in the same way as Yoshi's does. Sorry I keep pointing these things out, I feel you guys should be warned!

Bowser
Yep, Bowser can infact Infinite Wario, but there's some strings attached.

First of all, It's done exactly like Yoshi/ZSS's infinite on him (If you know of those >_>) That you just release him, then do a timed regrab, and just repeat adding jab damage each time. The string however is Wario's Double Jump. If he still has it (And realizes that he can use it) Then you have only a fraction of a second to react and grab him in time before he gets away. However if you do (or better yet, grab him in the air when he already wasted it), then he doesn't get it back, and has no chance of escaping.

Some notes is that you need to time the grab. Its not like Dedede where you can just grab instantly after, but the timing (Without his DJ) isn't that hard to figure out. The other thing is that if he Escapes while you are Jabbing, then he will escape to the ground and the Infinite will be ruined.

All of this I tested with Human Players, so it's 100% True information.

Zelda
Yep, Zelda does indeed have an infinite, but it's pretty situational. All you need to do is snag him out of the air, after he already used his Double Jump. Because the Jump is already wasted for Wario, he can't escape. All you need to do is just Jab him a few times, Release, Regrab (You need to time it though, but Zelda's extended Grab Frames makes it extremely easy to do), and Repeat until he's at a High %, then follow it up with a Sweetspoted Fair for the Kill (Which is rather easy to do on Release).

Also note that if you Jab him when he releases, then he'll escape to the ground and the infinite will be broken. Only problem is that I found Zelda's Jab weird, and that sometimes it causes him to escape faster than he should have, and breaking the infinite. This was also tested with a Human, so it does indeed work.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
....is wario's matchups becoming more horrible by the day or what? Sooner or later everybody is going to have a CG or some type of **** combo out of release grab...

Oh yeah did anybody ever find a way to dodge Yoshi's release CG? Nobody ever clears it up.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
This isn't good. I haven't gone up against one of those release CG's yet.

Has a Wario on this board had to deal with it?
DDDs do it ALL THE TIME (CG > Grab Release > Utilt or Upsmash). Yoshi's do grab release > upsmash loads also. Never been infinited as of yet, though.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just play on stages with a platforms (like Battlefield) and stages with slanted platforms (like Frigate Orpheon, Pirate Ship, and Halberd). Simple as that. From what I've noticed, the chain grabs only completely **** on stages like Final Destination where there is literally no escape from them. Also, Yoshi (who unranked until a few days ago) and ZSS aren't hard match ups for Wario as it so this shouldn't become a big problem.

Wario Nut

Smash Journeyman
DDDs do it ALL THE TIME (CG > Grab Release > Utilt or Upsmash). Yoshi's do grab release > upsmash loads also. Never been infinited as of yet, though.
I hate how both Yoshi and Dedede get that free up smash.(I play them all of the time) Dedede can't infinite,(unless you're against the wall) but Yoshi can. If you don't believe me try it on a friend in practice. The only good thing is that the timing is hard on Yoshi's infinite.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario has so many unbelievable exploits against him, the list keeps on growing...

I'm still playing as him, I've yet to have a real problem with CG's or Release grab stuff (Excluding a few Dededes)

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
The timing i somewhat difficult for the infinites and if you are good at escaping, its like what, 10 damage until they mess up? If they have it perfectly, its evil, but you can always groundbreak because they have to be pummeling you to do any damage at all. (not the yoshi one)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
The timing i somewhat difficult for the infinites and if you are good at escaping, its like what, 10 damage until they mess up? If they have it perfectly, its evil, but you can always groundbreak because they have to be pummeling you to do any damage at all. (not the yoshi one)
If they want, they can pummel you once or twice and then stop and you will still escape to the air, unless you can break out of grabs extremely fast.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know how legit this actually is. I'm testing this right now as I'm typing and if you don't DI, you are left close enough to ZSS to simply counter this by grabbing. This works too because Wario's grab is a lot faster then ZSS's.

15 minutes later: You can also jab, roll behind her, spot dodge, and fsmash to escape it too. You just have to do it immediately after it ends.

PUDGE

Smash Apprentice
exactly, dont get grabbed, jump around all game if u have to, make it exceed the 8 min tournament time lol
make them get so pissed that they have to start pulling off BS in order to get you, then you have there guard down and you get your combos!
basically do w/e u gotta do not to get grabbed, its not that hard anyway : /

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
....Please, dont ever use dont get grabbed as legitimate excuse. With IC's, they have a terrible grab range and can be desynched. Yoshi and ZSS are both tether grabs and both have ways of getting you in grabs easily. ZSS has D SMash and Blaster stun and of course, regular grabbing, Yoshi has the best pivot grab in the game.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Don't get grabbed is more of a philosophy that a law. "Never ever get grabbed" and "Try your best not to get grabbed" are the two separate things most people think of when they hear someone say "Don't get grabbed" and the latter is usually the correct reference.

There are big differences between the two, and telling me "Don't get grabbed" or "Don't get hit" seems like perfectly legitimate advice to me. I play as a naturally mobile character that is a beast in close combat, I think I can handle most grab situations pretty well. If not, then I was the one who screwed up, and should be punished.

Smashbros_7

Smash Ace
**** man, Wario is worse of then Ness... KIDDING! Okay, I wonder how Blueshell feels, maybe next time he won't diss the Nesserator.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
No they can't be broken out of Fatmanonice. Yoshi's original pivot CG can but the new simple grab, release, grab can't.
How about the ZSS one? Like I said in an earlier post, it leaves Wario really close to ZSS. In the Ness infinite that Marth has, it pushes Ness too far away to react quickly even with his dtilt which is his fastest attack. Wario, on the other hand, has a very quick jab, grab, and forward smash. Wario also has one of the best spot dodges in the game. What I want to know is if this has been throughly tested or is this like when people thought Wario had an infinite against Bowser and DK with his dthrow?

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
wario shouldnt get grabbed
And babies shouldn't be born without eyelids and it still happends anyways. It's really stretching it to expect someone to not get grabbed at least once during a match. Maybe I don't pay attention but I want to see at least one professional player video where neither opponent gets grabbed at all before I believe "Don't get grabbed" is actually an intelligent rebuttal.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And babies shouldn't be born without eyelids and it still happends anyways. It's really stretching it to expect someone to not get grabbed at least once during a match. Maybe I don't pay attention but I want to see at least one professional player video where neither opponent gets grabbed at all before I believe "Don't get grabbed" is actually an intelligent rebuttal.
"Don't get grabbed" and "Don't get hit" should be treated as philosophies or mindsets, not as rules or a laws. There's a good chance that you will get hit, there's a chance that you will get grabbed, but the question is how far you are willing to go to avoid getting hit/getting grabbed and if the trade off for implementing such actions is worth it, in your own eyes.

My personal feelings towards it are that if I get grabbed/keep putting myself in situations where getting grabbed is a realistic possibility, then maybe I need to refine my goals or maybe I need to review whether or not it is worth it for me to go in those situations. If I cannot or do not want to accept the possible consequences of my actions, then that is a personal thing that you cannot blame Brawl as a game for.

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
lol

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Now remember that Fair comes out on what, the 5th frame right? So if he had enough time to hit her with an Fair, then he surely should have more than enough time to get a DJ off before she can grab again. I think the Wario in the vid was too focused on airdodging/counterattacking instead of double jumping.

Taxi

Smash Cadet
I noticed that the Wario was able to hit her with a fair after one of the releases. Did Ryoko just mess up or was it actually countered?
Well as the poor soul that was getting cg'd, I think it was a fluke due to wifi lag. Still I guess its something to try and I don't think we should just give up. The whole not get grabbed thing is hard against ZSS, especially if you suck like me :laugh: Anyone have a few pointers for my humble 'Stache?

GPEternity

Smash Journeyman
No, not ZSS too. Wario can perform his double jump right when hes about head level, just above grab reach. He can also hit with a Nair.

If she could grab just a couple inches above it'd be a different story, but no this does not work.

She can still get off attacks above her though

Mmac

Smash Lord
No, not ZSS too. Wario can perform his double jump right when hes about head level, just above grab reach. He can also hit with a Nair.

If she could grab just a couple inches above it'd be a different story, but no this does not work.

She can still get off attacks above her though
It does work, You just need to time it. The margarine of error is smaller compared to Yoshi, but ZSS can still Grab Wario before he can react.

I tested it alot. In fact, I was the one who told them about this ;)

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
It does work, You just need to time it. The margarine of error is smaller compared to Yoshi, but ZSS can still Grab Wario before he can react.

I tested it alot. In fact, I was the one who told them about this ;)
Mmmm... margarine *drools*

Top Bottom