• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character Captian N the Gamemaster

Walan

Smash Rookie
Shark X said:
Walans trolling, I think against Captain N.
Dude, I own two issues of the Captain N comic book. I've downloaded the series, and I'm salivating at the news of a Captain N DVD set. ( http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=5292 )

Of course this guy would never appear in Brawl (or any Nintendo game, for that matter). But as a fan of the series, the idea is just interesting to me. Cut me some slack, man.

Darkfur

Abbey Recorder
sneaking low to the ground, ready to pounce
Correct, me if I'm wrong, but wasn't Samus put in the first Smash brothers even though she was only really popular in America? And then, I thought Marth and Roy were put in Melee to balance that out since they were only really popular in Japan.

Shark X

Smash Lord
Serp said:
The above link also mentions that all characters in brawl would have to be from a nintendo game (With the exception of Snake) So would that rule out sonic, or does he count because they bought him and released some god awful games on the Gamecube? I'm just glad they'll be no Crash Bandicoot.
Sonic was on Nintendo systems, and I believe that idiot Crash was on some Nintendo Handheld games. Hell, every game Sonic ever had has now been on Nintendo (except the new Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles Chaotixs, Sonic Shuffle, and Sega Sonic Arcade).

Serp

Smash Cadet
Shark X said:
Sonic was on Nintendo systems, and I believe that idiot Crash was on some Nintendo Handheld games. Hell, every game Sonic ever had has now been on Nintendo (except the new Sonic the Hedgehog, Knuckles Chaotixs, Sonic Shuffle, and Sega Sonic Arcade).

If Crash Bandicoot is in it... I will seriously break copies in stores just so nobody can have them. I'll starta protest.

I know lately they've re-released Sonic's old stuff (I happen to have Sonic collection Plus for PS2 because it was a dollar new, has like 15 games on it) But I dunno, a lot of people want sonic, and a lot of people want just classic nintendo. Nintendo will probably sell-out to the fanboys though... which is kinda lame in my opinion.

I don't really see what everyone is talking about? Some big conflict between who is better, sonic or mario? Well it's obvious Mario games are better, anybody can see that.

I just had an idea... what if in the next one you don't fight master hand... you fight the Power Glove?

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Serp said:
If Crash Bandicoot is in it... I will seriously break copies in stores just so nobody can have them. I'll starta protest.

I know lately they've re-released Sonic's old stuff (I happen to have Sonic collection Plus for PS2 because it was a dollar new, has like 15 games on it) But I dunno, a lot of people want sonic, and a lot of people want just classic nintendo. Nintendo will probably sell-out to the fanboys though... which is kinda lame in my opinion.

I don't really see what everyone is talking about? Some big conflict between who is better, sonic or mario? Well it's obvious Mario games are better, anybody can see that.

I just had an idea... what if in the next one you don't fight master hand... you fight the Power Glove?
Wow, I have a lot of comments on this. 1st thats why I don't like 3rd party characters is because Nintendo will eventually sell it out and now the other platforms will have a say in the making (THE HORROR). Soon they'll add Fatalities. I'm a serious Retro-player but I like some new games. And that Idea about the power glove, I like it but it should be a suprise when you fight master hand (After he is weakened he puts on the power glove). kinda like when Crazy hand appeared. I don't remember what the power glove did but it would be awsome.

Serp

Smash Cadet
Link'sShadow said:
Wow, I have a lot of comments on this. 1st thats why I don't like 3rd party characters is because Nintendo will eventually sell it out and now the other platforms will have a say in the making (THE HORROR). Soon they'll add Fatalities. I'm a serious Retro-player but I like some new games. And that Idea about the power glove, I like it but it should be a suprise when you fight master hand (After he is weakened he puts on the power glove). kinda like when Crazy hand appeared. I don't remember what the power glove did but it would be awsome.

Yeah I agree, you beat master hand or what not, then you can beat The Power Glove and you can use him/her as a chracter.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
I don't like bosses becomeing chararcter (unless they are of reletive size). Thats why I created my "Boss Mode" thread (AKA Slayer Mode). Maybe not as a character but maybe as an item.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Time for my 2 cents:

1. I think Captain N is best off as a boss rather than a playable character. After you beat MH, there's a plot twist where we found out that MH was just a hologram controlled by Cap's Power Glove this whole time.

2. While the 1st SSB did have a plot of toys coming to life, sequels can have a completely story (The original Star Fox is not part of the offical SF timeline for example because all later games disregarded it's events).

3. The Power Glove appeared only briefly in the 1st episode & was never mentioned again (an example of the quality writing that show had).

4. Just as a reminder, the Power Glove is 3rd party (made by Mattel). & it was such a ****y product I'd doubt Nintendo would care to make a deal with Mattel to get it in SSBB

5. Captain N has aired in Japan (& many parts of the world), although it apparently didn't make as big there as it did here. I do recall seeing a dojinshi made of it once.

6. Captain N could appear in SSBB, but that would require Nintendo actually giving a ****, which they most certainly don't.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
ok I knew Captian N was summon by the use of the power glove but I couldn't remember if he used it. I still think he would be a cool player but not a boss.

I thought Nintendo still owned the Power Glove even though it was made by Mattel.

Geo Cloaking

Smash Rookie
Many person has said me that will be incredible add to captain n for be a real original super hero, and want that use all consoles... the grab gravitation can be used with the remote control, is inncesary the power glove

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman

Mckillyou

Smash Journeyman
I agree with Xianfeng, this guy doesn't have a chance in hell. He's not even worth considering. Only characters who made their first appearance in a VIDEO GAME are allowed in. That means no Captain N. Falcons the only Captain we need anyways :).

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Heh heh everyone either loves him or they hate him. He's part of Nintendo's history. Like I mention before he was the first to actually combine all the games in one adventure. Just like Smash bros he met Link, Zelda, Donkey Kong, Samus, and of course Pit. I feel that if his sidekick can get in so can he.

Anyways here are some more Episodes.

But first a music video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W89NCSQgBwg

Gameboy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eI8tF8sbAP0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZqma9haFk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F-wPNyQJw0

Potion of Power (featureing Link and Zelda)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBcW4E5RfZ4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDqA-qszNuY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYBSnrAQmbE

Here are some clips that people made about Captain N

This about all the characters that he met in the TV show. (I just wish they did the comic too)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu9_rN1udhY

tirkaro

Smash Champion
seriously, why was that incredibly lame cartoon so popular?

anyway, I too agree with xianfeng. he has no chance in hell. He'll only get in if nintendo makes a fighting game for lame 80's cartoon characters. which will never happen. I dont even care if he's part of nintendo history. Its nintendo history that should have been forgotten a LONG time ago.
If we put captain N in, we might as well put in oogtar the cave boy from the super mario world cartoon, and that wierd genie guy from the CD-i zelda games.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
i just realized my nes controller belt buckle is actually the power pad from captain n the game master, he sounds like an interesting character btw

NukeA6

Smash Master
Sakurai said that he would only add characters that appeared in a game released in a Nintendo console. Like xianfeng said, Captain N has no chance.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Your probably right that he has no chance in the game but that doesn't mean he's a perfect candidate. He's a lot better then many other characters that many want (3rd parties, Waluigi). His abilities would be easily added into the game even for a smash ball move. Heck even the tv show was basically an 80s version of smash bros. I know he acts a little cheesy but compare to most 80s cartoons he was rather cool.

Well even if they can't bring him in they can take ideas off of the show.

Pit's red outfit could resemble the person in the show (either way it would look really Gay)
They could have Gameboy as an AT

I just still think it's a ashame that someone that would fit so well in the game can't be in. Then we get someone like Solid Snake, who can even use most of his signiture moves because they are too violent or that most of his games are not even for Nintendo. I don't care that the guy begged Sakurai to be in it.

MFZ95

Smash Journeyman
Captain N is a Tv show in the US,how can he be in Brawl?We don't even know sure that Sonic will be in the game,you are saying Captain N,he would be kickass if he was in the game but i know he wouldnt appear

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
He would be Kickass though he was shown in other countries from what they say (heck he's on Youtube). Now I would bet that if ANY 3rd party comes in Sonic is going to be top of the list (well just under Solid Snake).

LeadPenguin

Smash Cadet
lol megaman was green in the cartoon hahaha
Megaman being green in the cartoon is really not that big of a deal when you consider into the equation the fact that he sounded like a three-year old with a ten pack a day smoking habit.

seriously, why was that incredibly lame cartoon so popular?
Back in the magical days of Saturday Morning Cartoons, which was the ONLY time when kids had their own programming block, you took what you could get and you loved it no matter what. ESPECIALLY when it was based on something that you already loved [and ate the breakfast cereal for, and had the bedsheets of...] like Nintendo. Everyone watched it, everyone talked about it at school [even if it was to complain about an entire episode being devoted to Bayou Billy, one of the most horrible, impossible games of the era.] It was a unique shared experience, which is really what nostalgia is all about. I'm sure the young kids today will have a similar love of the Pokemans. "Hey, remember that time Team Rocket ALMOST got Pikachu?"

So, you know, just because everyone remembers something fondly doesn't automatically mean that we think it was GOOD. My god, I remember when I first got Cartoon Network on my cable system and I saw that they were showing THUNDERCATS. "Oh man, I used to love this show, it'll be great to see it again." Then I watched five minutes of it and immediately went and appologized to my parents for making them watch it so much when I was four.

Pegasus Knight

Smash Ace
Okay, I can concede up front that Captain N is unlikely to get in. I can even concede, upon rewatching the show all these years later, that the show sucked.

Despite that? Captain N could make a very interesting Brawl character and we could even make a whole new gameplay mechanic for him: Power-meters/recharge-times. In the cartoon, he could use various NES controllers to do amazing things; super high jumps, long horizontal dodges, shooting lasers at enemies (with his NES Zapper), and so forth. But he was limited by one thing: The more of these actions he did, the lower their power got. Eventually some of his equipment would run out of energy, leaving him with purely his human physical talents to get by until they recharged.

You could do the same in Brawl. Let his B moves drain a power meter (set above or below his Damage Percentage indicator, of course) that slowly recharges over time. These moves are really good moves; very impressive Up-B Third Jump, an excellent projectile in his Zapper, etc. etc. But they recharge fairly slowly, and his normal (A, Throw, etc) attacks aren't all that impressive. So he'd have a game plan centering around careful use of his impressive special attacks, and defensive play while he recharges them.

"He wouldn't be Tier 1 if he's designed like that," one might retort. That's okay. He could serve as a learning curve due to this, helping encourage people to understand various aspects of Brawl.

Is he likely to get into Brawl? Of course not. But there could be plenty of legitimate, interesting, gameplay-worthwhile ways to put him in the roster. Sometimes mental exercises and thoughtful "What If?" lines of logic are fun.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
The more I look at this, the more I hope Kevin would still get featured. I mean, surely he's enough WTFASDFADSADFAF to be featured.

To be featured as THE WTF character.

Link'sShadow

Smash Journeyman
Oh yeah. Captain N would definatly be a WTF character. I would want him to be playable SOOOO badly but I would settle with an AT. Though what would he do?

1. Use his Gun and zap everyone.
2. Pause the game for everyone but the one who ativated him.

I like 2 better.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Holy crap! That is the Pilot Wings guy! =O

Ah, you notice how Captain N uses the Zapper? I was kinda hoping that the Zapper would replace the raygun, or at least a new raygun. I mean, they have the super scope, so why not that? If it doesn't turn into an item, then I'm kinda thinking that Captain N would conflict over at Laughing Dog's thread discussion. Otherwise, I'd be all for him totally. Just outfit the guy with some new pants at least. =\ lol.
Lol, Virtual Boy? are you serious? I don't like neither characters and the fact that Japan has no knowledge of this character whatsoever makes it highly impossible.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
plus the fact that he was never in a game vesper. we all know he has no chance as pc, we just talk about how cool ti would be to have him in the game

Top Bottom