• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Mii!

NeMo =)~

Smash Apprentice
I think this is a pretty good idea, but what if they're were really ****? or maybe too good?

Paranoid_Android

Smash Lord
I can see a Mii character being a good addition - His moves should be set in stone, though. The only thing that would change would be his face appearance. Basically, not a customizable character, but rather character that just happens to be you. The moves could be drawn from Wii Sports and a host of others, easily.

burrito

Smash Lord
I was thinking of this character, too, but not with Wii sports moves. Miis are really supposed to represent you, right? They represent the average Nintendo fan. So, I think it would be more fitting if the Mii's moves were made up of nintendo controllers and other nintendo hardware. Just like how we control the game in real life. For example, a move where the Mii takes out the NES zapper and shoots, or a move where they take out a giant DS stylus an thwack the enemy with it, or a move where Mii lays ROBs on the ground and they go forward and hurt the enemy, or a move where the Mii uses the Wii nunchaku as... nunchaku. For the Mii's special move, he could take out a NES controller and pause the game, then attack the enemy while they are frozen. That's what I was thinking, anyways.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, that depends on how Nintendo chooses to portray Miis, they could do with having the Mii character represent every game that uses a Mii, or have it represent you as a gamer and what gamers use.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
This idea needs to be mass presented to the Brawl design team and nintendo. The Mii's really need to be pushed or else I feel they might become a simple gimick.

Mii for Brawl #1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaphei

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure, but I think that I read at Gamespot that the Mii Channel will also
be used in the Train Your Brain game

xianfeng

Smash Hero
The Mii's really need to be pushed or else I feel they might become a simple gimick.
Like Bongos, Remotes, Touch Screens, Motion Sensors and a hoard of add ons for a remote.

Gee it's like Reggie says "We are the only ones who can innovate" which in reality means "We ***** out heaps of gimicks and label them as innovation no one else does that, it means we're special"

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman

Name: Mii
Game Franchise: various Wii games (Wii Sports, Wii Music, Wario Ware: Smooth Moves, etc.)
Why he should be in: Mii is Nintendo's new gimmick to boost sales and is being inserted in several Wii games. The Mii can be created to look like anyone, so in Brawl, people can actually fight as themselves, one of their friends, a celebrity, etc. I, personally, wanna make a Brian Peppers Mii.

Stats
Strength: 2 out of 5 (he looks like a weak little guy)
Speed: 4.5 out of 5 (his legs turn into rockets when he runs in Wii Baseball so he must be fast)
Weight: 2 out of 5 (looks like a skinny little guy. I don't think Nintendo will let us alter the Mii's weight)
Jumping: 4.5 out of 5 (rocket legs FTW!)
Size: 3 out of 5 (average)
Range: 3 out of 5 (average again)

A attacks: Wii Boxing moves, pulling out sports equipment for smashes
B attacks:
B: Sports Attack [Wii Sports] - Mii randomly is about to pitch a basball or swing a tennis racket, hockey stick, or golf club. Holding the B button makes his attack stronger. The projectile (baseball, tennis ball, hockey puck, or golf ball) is very small and can easily be dodged, but if it hits causes a lot of damage.
B Smash: Smooth Moves [Wario Ware: Smooth Moves] - Mii takes out Wii-Mote and stuns the opponent for a short time, like Mewtwo. For that short time, Mii can move him around a bit or shake him, whatever's in Wario Ware.
B Up: Wii Airplane [Wii Sports] - Mii goes in a Wii airplane, and is able to fly around for a few minutes, crashing into opponents.
B Down: Wii Bowling [Wii Sports] - Mii takes out a Wii bowling ball and rolls it at opponents.
Special Move: Wii Orchestra [Wii Music] - An orchestra appears in the backround, playing music from a random game. The music will damage opponents for a while, only if the Mii can co-ordinate them properly like in Wii Music.
Kirby Hat: Kirby takes the facial structure of the Mii he absorbed. (Brian Peppers Mii Kirby, XDDD)

burrito

Smash Lord
Well, that depends on how Nintendo chooses to portray Miis, they could do with having the Mii character represent every game that uses a Mii, or have it represent you as a gamer and what gamers use.
Exactly, I believe that Nintendo is prtraying the Mii's as the gamer. That's what the name implies, right? The Miis will show up as characters in tons of games on the Wii, but they aren't characters from the games, they are you in the game. Therefore, I do not like the given moveset.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
I came up with a moveset as well only its just based around Wii sports since its the only game we fully know about Mii's role/appearence in.

Mii

General play style: It's hard to tell figure this out since Mii looks like an average sized figure. that being said most of his stats such as speed, height, and weight would proabily be average as well. The one stat that would seem to be really weak from his looks would be jumping ability. In order to make up for this, another of Mii's stats such as attack could be higher.

A moves, air moves, and grabs: This would a mixture of punches, kicks and perhaps even a headbutt or two. For his stronger attacks Mii could bring out his sport equipment including the baseball bat, boxing gloves, tennis ratchet, and golf club.

Special Moves

B: Four! Mii takes out his golf club, pulls back and lets out a mighty swing nailing anyone in front of him. The move would take a moment to build up (similar to Captin Falcon's Falcon punch move) but in return it would deal a good deal and knock any oppentents back and airborn a bit. For an added effect, Mii's golf swing could also knock neaby itams away as well.

B >: Fastball. Mii winds up and delivers the pitch tossing a baseball at his foes. The projectile would be fast and hard to dodge but would do minor damage. Ocasionaly, Mii could throw a tennis ball or golf ball instead dealing a different amount of damage. (The golf ball would be very weak unless it was the exploding kind)

B ^: Overhead Smash. Mii jumps a short bit into the air pulling out his tennis ratchet. He then does a power serve over his head knocking anyone nearby him away. The move would serve as a decent third jump recovery and Mii would leap stright up for it.

B v: Gutterball Mii tosses out a bowling ball that would bounce awkwardly a few times before dissapering. Slow speed but a decent bit of damage if it hits. When Mii is in the air, this move will work differently and the bowling ball will just drop stright down when he releases it. It would be a good finishing move for any character trying to jump back out of a narrow pit.

Super Smash: TKO Mii dons his boxing gloves, gets in close to an oppentent and then delivers a speedy combo of punches, jabs, hooks, and uppercuts so powerful that Muhammad Ali would wet himself.

Taunt: Mii performs some sort of sports like victory pose (jumping up and down, V sign for victory) and maybe says something like "Yay I won" (the I in this case actually being you).

The Kirby Look: Kirby acquiring Mii's powers would give him the hairstyle of your self created character and possibly the skin tone as well.

Any thoughts, suggestions, or insults?

kaid

Smash Master
Another thought I've run across, is that your Mii may well replace "You" in Animal Crossing Wii... In which case Mii can also access all the Tom Nook moves.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
Awesome idea.

However, isn't the height and girth of Miis adjustable? That hurts the concept, IMO. It would be fairly easy to test the different dimensions and make sure none were broken, but we'd still be talking about chars with adjustable stats.

kaid

Smash Master
Awesome idea.

However, isn't the height and girth of Miis adjustable? That hurts the concept, IMO. It would be fairly easy to test the different dimensions and make sure none were broken, but we'd still be talking about chars with adjustable stats.
I didn't see anything like that. All the Wii sports Miis seem to be the same height and the same diamiter.

EDIT: I was wrong.

Still, cancel the size change, and leave the girth, and there would be little effect, expecially if the Mii was G+W size.

ArichTheViking

Smash Apprentice
If Mii can be different sizes in Brawl, it slightly messes with Brawl, while if Mii can't be different sizes in Brawl, it slightly messes with Mii... However its probably not enough to discourage Sakurai and his team if they like the idea...

I hope it happens. Best new character suggestion I've seen in months, if only because its the only major new "character" Nintendo has had in months...

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
This could work, but it could also be pretty awful. I personally think Game and Watch and Captain Falcoln ugly up my game of crazy Nintendo Legends from the eighties (I know their older, but they are far from all-stars) but you know what? I just don't play them. So I'm amenable to the idea, even if I wouldn't do it if I were Sakurai. I have one condition, though. The Mii should replace Game and Watch as the most secret character in the game. I really don't want Mii as a starting character.

Imagine the look on the face of a gamer who has only now spent enough time away from making Miis to unlock Mii in Brawl.

An additional note: if the moveset is locked, I don't think the ability to customize appearance will be able to ake up for a moveset the player doesn't like. So I don't think they'll become over-popular. That in mind, I think they'll work quite nicely as an uber-secret.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
This may very well be the best character idea I've ever heard. I would love to see a little chibi me fighting it out on the Brawl stage. This would be an excellent way for Nintendo to further promote the Wii and it's capabilities, and also for gamers the world over to squeal with delight as they, themselves, are finally a playable character in a game.

And, this is just an afterthought really, I just thought of something else. How funny would it be at the end of a match to hear the announcer say: "This game's winner is: Mii!" Just say it out loud if you don't get it. That would rock XD

HyruleBird

Smash Apprentice
/Bump :ohwell:

MII would be nice but not as character but As a replacement for the purple multiman mellee chars ...
imagine Smashing your freinds and family faces of the screen :laugh:

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Nintendo America VP George Harrison said:
One of the much-paraded features of the Mii characters is the ability for them to enter the realm of games, and become playable characters in titles such as Wii Sports or Wario Ware Smooth Moves. Harrison admitted that these are the only games that, as far as he is aware, allow such functionality at this stage.

Harrison also expressed his expectation that more Mii-enabled games will be available next year, including titles developed by third parties. "It's true potential isn't even known yet," he added.
Certainly looks like it's at least theoretically posible.

littlewolf

Smash Apprentice
NNID
littlewolf128
I like the idea the only problem is the mii is stored in the wii remote and brawl does not use the remote it uses a classic remote.:(

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Great idea! But instead of changing colors, it would change to a different Mii. And if you really can choose a Mii, then it should have moves from Wii Play too.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im hopin Mii makes it XD, he would be an interesting characters, also im hopin Mii have hats, cause without hats it wont look like me lol...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I like the idea the only problem is the mii is stored in the wii remote and brawl does not use the remote it uses a classic remote.:(
The Mii's are also stored in the Wii, which can, incidently, store up to 100.

The Franchise

Smash Journeyman
That reminds me. I read somewhere that your extra mii characters can show up in the audience when your playing the various wii sports games. Maybe they could do the same thing in a stadium style mii level if he ends up in the game.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
That reminds me. I read somewhere that your extra mii characters can show up in the audience when your playing the various wii sports games. Maybe they could do the same thing in a stadium style mii level if he ends up in the game.
Do you have a link to that somewhere? That seems a little frivolous to me, that they would waste time doing that sort of thing.

Thunderslf

Smash Journeyman
It'd be cool if you could out your Miis into the game and play as them, they could be a completely customizable character and you could add moves to them and stuff.

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
Whaddya know? I guess you were right. Cool. That just makes it all the more promising for the idea of a Mii in Brawl! ^_^

EnFerris

Smash Journeyman
I started a thread that was supposed to be a debate about the posible ways to include Miis, bu It got locked and I was told to post in the existing character discussion, although someone has a thriving thread about MEtroid Hunters that is exactly he same as one I made months ago.

This is the text of my orignal post:

If any of you feel like browsing through my posts, you will notice that I am quite concerned with how Miis will be incorporated into Super Smash Brothers: Brawl. I've come up with a few alternatives, for some of which I've made threads. I've decided to compile them so debate between them can ensue.

And now, here are the options I've thought of/ heard of:

1. Playable characters: [Not entirely customizable characters.] You'd be able to customize their face, height, weight, and the default color they have. Switching between teams or color options with x/y will change their shirt color. In game options, you can pick which Mii you want to use, or perhaps there will be different save profiles when you start one-player games. Here is a moveset.

^B- Get grabbed. In the Mii plaza, you can grab Miis and wave them around and stuff. In Brawl, this would make a neat recovery move, and you can move them around. You have free, but slow movement. Needs to be tweaked and balanced to make it not -over or underpowered.
B- Bowl. Mii bowls a bowling ball that works like a cross between a barrel and a shell. PLows through enemies, but can be picked up later.

Cow-riding, Billiard-shooting, Tank-driving, pose-strking, Tennis playing, Pong paddling, Golf swinging, rock-em Sock-em bopping, Bat-hitting, and fishing-pole casting also could be implememented as all sorts of moves.

Miis would have to be the ultimate secret character; the last one you get; the big surprise.

2. Boss. I figure in Clasic Mode, you fight both hand from the start in normal, and Crazy needs to be unlocked in Very Easy. But if you beat normal really fast, the selected Miis Head will fly up and attack you: breathing fire and headbashing the platform and what. This way, Nintendo doesn't need to make up an identity for the master hands that isn't weird and self-referential.

3 Wireframes: In this option, Miis other than your player or favorites will fly at you in droves for multi-man melees (Brawls?) basic attacks and such. This is a nifty update to keep the generic smash enemy fresh.

4 This last one is just a nifty graphical touch I'd like to see. In the online lobb, when selecting characters, the player would appear as their Mii, and when the round starts, the will morph into the characters they've chosen. If a Mii is chosen, it'll probably just look around confused like Kirby in the original smash trailer. That way, people you can't talk to can't plan a character and strategy around the character of whoever chooses first.

I want all four of them in.

Fricking bump.

Top Bottom