• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
As far as I see it, Sheik and Zelda are two separate characters with two separate models and two separate movesets. Same with Samus/Zamus and Squirtly/Ivy/Charizard.

That being said, arguments about slots are stupid.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and do the following. This thread isn't about petty arguments about slots, it's about petty arguments about Shulk or something.
Oh hey guys what's up oh you're arguing about slots nevermind

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Bro, we dropped it. Cmon...
He has a right to discuss what he believes to be pertinent regardless of whether or not it is not being discussed as of current.

Except your not 'changing' character because you had already picked that character, just a different form of them. Therefore you wouldn't be changing to another rep.

Also if I had been playing only Squirtle and I got tired of playing him and wanted to play another character I wouldn't even consider Charizard or Ivysaur because they are the same character as squirtle.
Incorrect. Charizard and Ivysaur are different characters. Pokemon Trainer is the character you are attempting to allude to. So you could assert, "I wouldn't even consider Pokemon Trainer because he is the same character as Pokemon Trainer."

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Quick guys, lets think of Shulk's "pun" for his announcement video!

How about "Shulk Monando's into battle!"?

Book Jacket

Smash Apprentice
... I don't get why you guys don't understand, so I'm going to drop it.

At least someone gets it
...I said the same thing he did. You are saying that Poke Trainer is one character, and that Squirt, Ivy, and Char are individual fighters

I just said that individual fighters are the same thing as characters, of which there are 39

I wouLD SO DO THIS BUT I HAVENT PLAYED THE GAME

SOMEONE HELP I NEED PUNS

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
People actually think PT is a single character?

The trainer is not who you actually play as. You play as three different Pokemon.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
AH-HA

an piece of proof why its possible not shulk for tomorrow

if shulk has a 3 minute trailer I think the way that will be possible if hes just like with mii and palutena with many different special attacks.

so if it were to be shulk there would have to be a veteran reveal along with him if he does not have a 12 specials like each type of mii and palutena

Last edited:

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
AH-HA

if shulk has a 3 minute trailer I think the way that will be possible if hes just like with mii and palutena with many different special attacks.

so if it were to be shulk there would have to be a veteran reveal along with him if he does not have a 12 specials like each type of mii and palutena
3 minutes doesn't mean any of that.

For all we know, 3 minutes would allow 1 minute for Sakurai to introduce the trailer/some information or something.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691

"Shulk Changes the Future!"
AH-HA

All Sakurai did was show Palutena's specials. He could reveal so much more about Shulk, more moves other than just the specials. Plus, there could be a veteran, or he can have a very cool and long intro trailer.

Last edited:

ThePlayer77

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Defenceknight
3DS FC
0559-6785-8830
AH-HA

The Rosalina trailer was 2:41 minutes long. 3 minutes wouldn't be too long for a trailer.

Edit: The Palutena trailer was even longer, at 3:04 minutes. Nvm, it's about 2:43 3:01 minutes

Last edited:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I'm curious what WOULD be considered disproving/proving the Gematsu leak to people, at this point, because it seems the fence has been built and camps formed, and there is no going back for those on either side.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So some people have said that Chorus Kids wouldn't warrant a three minute trailer, but I beg to differ.

Of course many people would react with "WHAT" or "WHY", so a detailed display of their colorful moveset is perfect. It gets people excited for the character they never thought they wanted.

Also, there are many Rhythm Heaven minigames that can be represented in their moveset, which would probably take up quite a bit of time to show.

And there's always Wario to account for.

But it'll be Shulk anyway.

BillE

Smash Cadet
I've only seen this mentioned here once, but the 14th is the anniversary of the original Mario bros game, that may be something, or not. But in all honesty I feel although gematsu is fairly credible and I have no doubts that Shulk and Chrom were in anyway i think the chorus men were his guess for this games oddball (R.O.B. in brawl) (G+W, Ice Climbers, and Dr. Mario in Melee) Everything else other than WFT and maybe villager were somewhat obvious, not really sure what to think of gematsu but no matter what I think we'll get another two or three more newcomers other than the gematsu three. Hoping for K. Rool, Isaac, and Ridley but you never know with Sakurai.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I'm just speaking in general to people who only casually follow the game. Us forum dwellers will maintain hype until release because we're on the forums all the time and talking about it all the time.

Casual people aren't going to necessarily be interested in a character that for all intents and purposes looks and will most likely play extremely similar to two already revealed characters, that most casual fans have never really been interested in to begin with.
Keep holding hope, I'm pretty sure it's Banjo and Kazooie on Monday! :troll:

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Girls.... girls...... girls..............

I figured out something important.
The 14th is Sakurai's 45th birthday, which in Japan is the golden birthday
it is also July, and the gemstone is pink quartz

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!>!>!>>>@>@>@>KN#JK

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Let's all create some reactions based on the character revealed Monday:

Shulk: "I knew it. Of course it was him, why wouldn't it have been him?"

Bowser Jr.: "NO, 6 MARIO REPS NOT FAIR UGHHHH SAKURAI"

Ridley: HE'S TOO BIG "WHAT, I can't believe it!!! Curse all the naysayers! I knew Sakurai could do it YESSSS WOOP WOOP" *gunshots*

Mewtw Sceptile: "NOO WE WANT MEWTWO SAKURAI NOOOO"
Ridley would be me telling something like "FINALLY" mostly because I think he's pretty likely to be confirmed but I still don't know when it will happen.

King K rool will depends if I find him funny to play since I'm not sure if I would care.

Every other newcomer will gets just a clap except one but... how can I tell how I would react?

Paper Mario would be just me going bananas and YOU SHOULD NOT SEE ME!!! Seriously, I really care for your health it would be dangerous. Though, since my thread would get friendly spams, I don't think I will survive to even believe it and having to update the OP and title. It would also be followed by listening to TTYD title screen for hours until I'm tired. It might even be more intense but you get the idea: I might get warnings for spam :)

Though, there's one thing I can confirm that will happen and that is no matter who is announced.

As soon as the trailer begins to when we know who the newcomer is, my heart will have an unusual fast beat. The Greninja one I had this since I was just too hyped.

kylexv

Smash Master
Girls.... girls...... girls..............

I figured out something important.
The 14th is Sakurai's 45th birthday, which in Japan is the golden birthday
it is also July, and the gemstone is pink quartz

DO YOU KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS!!>!>!>>>@>@>@>KN#JK
Sakurai's 44th birthday is in August according to Wikipedia. YOU LIAR!

Then again...

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Except Rosalina does not discredit the leak. I did NOT say that the leak is the full roster. The leak doesn't even say it's the full roster. When you act like the leaker has to be god and do nothing wrong and know everything is ridiculous.

Has he ever been wrong? No. You have no proof that his newcomers are not in the game and 8 of them already are.
Did he ever say that was the full roster? No. Did he say that there would be no other newcomers to be revealed besides the ones he leaked? No.

So stop acting like the leak is law. However the leak is correct. You have no proof that it isn't and therefore need to stop trying to prove that point. For every "reason" the leak is discredited I can give you 8 reasons it's not. How many people do you know that guessed 8 out of the 9 newcomers? The leak is true so far. Any arguments about it not being so are futile as your proof is just talking about the absence of information that was given. Which proves nothing against the leak because the leak didn't mention it.

Nobody disagree's that we will get more characters then the leak, your fighting an argument with yourself. I hope your winning.
I'm not saying that the leak is wrong. I have never once stated that. I have only stated that the second leak and the third leak are not proven correct as of yet. Obviously, the first leak is correct, but no one is disputing that. We have only gotten 2 out of 5 characters correct from the second leak. One of them (Greninja) was more of a lucky guess (all he said was Pokemon from X and Y) and the other was assumed in due to an unrelated leak. Nothing from the third leak has been proven or disproven and most likely will stay that way until the game's release.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm not saying that the leak is wrong. I have never once stated that. I have only stated that the second leak and the third leak are not proven correct as of yet. Obviously, the first leak is correct, but no one is disputing that. We have only gotten 2 out of 5 characters correct from the second leak. One of them (Greninja) was more of a lucky guess (all he said was Pokemon from X and Y) and the other was assumed in due to an unrelated leak. Nothing from the third leak has been proven or disproven and most likely will stay that way until the game's release.
Or.... ya know... when we get Shulk and Chrom on Monday and in the August direct respectively. When he's 10 for 11, it'll be hard, HARD to still call him "A lucky guess".

BillE

Smash Cadet
I believe that it won't be shulk. I bet sakurai just said to the monolith guy "retweet this so everyone thinks its shulk" then BOOM new character no one was expecting.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
This thread is absolutely hysterical.
We are nearing the end and, allegedly, to be coming together to celebrate.
Instead we are in fact fueding over not only our characters, but in fact our differentiated cultures.

Have you guys noticed every argument that has been had in the past few months/years has returned?
Franchise slots, character sizes, original twelve, hidden or not, leak or not;

Literally we are different factions fighting for our clans.
This is, as I had said before, the macrocosm of the microcosm, and the reason countries go to war. What was to unite us in speculation is alienating us in fury.

Morbi

Scavenger
I believe that it won't be shulk. I bet sakurai just said to the monolith guy "retweet this so everyone thinks its shulk" then BOOM new character no one was expecting.
Is it wrong that I actually believe this theory to an extent? Honestly, that is the one aspect that bothers me, Shulk is the apparent reveal and everyone is aware of that. Albeit, the last time I took the stance that something was "too obvious" I was wrong, King Dedede was revealed regardless of the notion that everyone saw it coming for weeks.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
I agree. We could get anyone really. Heck, I would not be surprised if Dark Pit was shown, because people keep saying he'll be an alt. costume again. We could get a character that is too big as well (we all know who that is).

cephalopod17

Smash Ace
NNID
cephalopod17
Due to the Xeno people retweeting the announcement, I think it would be Shulk. But, that seems very obvious. Everyone is expecting him and his announcement would hype people, but not as much because of said retweets. I still expect to be Shulk, but I would not be surprised if someone like Ridley or K. Rool was annouced.

obeymalleo

Smash Ace
NNID
obeymalleo
3DS FC
2595-2443-7489
Due to the Xeno people retweeting the announcement, I think it would be Shulk. But, that seems very obvious. Everyone is expecting him and his announcement would hype people, but not as much because of said retweets. I still expect to be Shulk, but I would not be surprised if someone like Ridley or K. Rool was annouced.
Exactly my thoughts. Now don't get me wrong, a character like Shulk would be amazing if he was shown on Monday. However, he seems too obvious to be revealed because of everything that's been happening lately. So yeah, I would not be surprised at all to see someone like Ridley, or anyone else confirmed. Heck, I'd even expect Mewtwo if you ask me!

Last edited:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
This thread is absolutely hysterical.
We are nearing the end and, allegedly, to be coming together to celebrate.
Instead we are in fact fueding over not only our characters, but in fact our differentiated cultures.

Have you guys noticed every argument that has been had in the past few months/years has returned?
Franchise slots, character sizes, original twelve, hidden or not, leak or not;

Literally we are different factions fighting for our clans.
This is, as I had said before, the macrocosm of the microcosm, and the reason countries go to war. What was to unite us in speculation is alienating us in fury.
Can I just say THIS?

I liked the days before E3 because everyone was hyped (and I typed a long essay on Ridley but anyway...). It just feels like after E3 2013 where I almost left the forums due to the negativity where we should have been happy to see an anticipated announcement. Seriously that was until the DDOS that it calmed down and became more positive where I came back.

So, can we just get hyped and enjoy being teased for 3 days? I wanted to be teased like this since the beginning of POTD...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom