• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character to be Shown Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
You know something that bothers me so much? People saying that the roster of the game until now is disappointing.

Really? Disappointing? That's a very strong word.

To me, the game could be closed up now with all those characters announced and the remaining veterans, it would be more than enough.

I mean, we get PacMan and Megaman, and we are not satisfied.

We get Mii and they are crucified without even having a chance to play as them.

We got surprises like Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac, and yet is all the "lame" thing.

The game will not have every character we want, people need to deal with that. Some characters we think may be added because lots os reasons may not be like that in Sakurai's mind.

Even if we only get the gematsu material as new characters. If their mechanic and gameplay is interessing, that's a plus to us. That's all this game need, new mechanics on characters gameplay.

Of course I'm not saying you can't root for a character you want, but we, players, are getting very accommodated as the smash games are advancing. We get greedy, and not give attention or love to what we already have.

But then again, this is internet, and I'm here trying to bash against an entire ocean.

Tomorrow will be 100% interessing, being Shulk. being one of the Gematsu trio, or being a complete new character. It's still a new addition to the Smash universe, and if it plays well, it is more than welcome.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Sal's leaker said the trailer tomorrow is Shulk... I don't think you can get more 'proof' than that. Check his post on page 42.
I saw it and im saying, ok shulk is 1 most likely to be shown tomorrow at this point. But i need proof hes not :troll: Before ii lock shulk for monday.

If true i want to know if someone else gets confirmed with him.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
A ton of willpower that's how.
It would be practically impossible. The leak occurred the night before the official announcement of Smash Bros. at E3 2013. There would be no way of knowing what I'm supposed to be avoiding!

All in all, Sal and his leaker are big jerks...

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm honestly still expecting a veteran to be revealed alongside Shulk. It may or may not happen, but it's not out of the realm of possibilities. Pac-Man had (an unconfirmed) Game & Watch and Greninja had Charizard.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
I'm gonna be sitting in Econ tomorrow morning, back of the class, feet up, phone out, watching the reveal, this thread, and twitter.

It's gonna be a great way to start a Monday tbh :)

Kereokacola

Disco Romance
BRoomer
Well you do have a point there. Oh it doesn't warrant Ness from being the only one! What I mean is that (well at least in my opinion anyways) it wouldn't hurt to have at least three mother characters. I don't see why not especially since I know that earthbound still has a pretty decent fan base (Not that big but it's a pretty good amount of people who like the games even though the games haven't reached here at all. Besides Earthbound. If that made any sense)
I think three is definitely pushing it. I could understand three if Earthbound/Mother continued to expand, but it isn't. Heck, if you look at the Pikmin series, we only have one representative, along with Animal Crossing. Both of those series continue to grow, yet we don't need more than one representative. The same goes for the WarioWare series.

I think it's silly to have Lucas return, especially since he is so similar to Ness. If anything, I could see Poo, Jeff, or Paula, but I don't think that's going to happen either. We can only speculate at this point and wait.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
You know something that bothers me so much? People saying that the roster of the game until now is disappointing.

Really? Disappointing? That's a very strong word.

To me, the game could be closed up now with all those characters announced and the remaining veterans, it would be more than enough.

I mean, we get PacMan and Megaman, and we are not satisfied.

We get Mii and they are crucified without even having a chance to play as them.

We got surprises like Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac, and yet is all the "lame" thing.

The game will not have every character we want, people need to deal with that. Some characters we think may be added because lots os reasons may not be like that in Sakurai's mind.

Even if we only get the gematsu material as new characters. If their mechanic and gameplay is interessing, that's a plus to us. That's all this game need, new mechanics on characters gameplay.

Of course I'm not saying you can't root for a character you want, but we, players, are getting very accommodated as the smash games are advancing. We get greedy, and not give attention or love to what we already have.

But then again, this is internet, and I'm here trying to bash against an entire ocean.

Tomorrow will be 100% interessing, being Shulk. being one of the Gematsu trio, or being a complete new character. It's still a new addition to the Smash universe, and if it plays well, it is more than welcome.
Pretty much.

2/12 isn't exactly a winning record.

Oh well opinions are opinions after all. No one can force me to like these newcomers.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It would be practically impossible. The leak occurred the night before the official announcement of Smash Bros. at E3 2013. There would be no way of knowing what I'm supposed to be avoiding!
Trust me, you'll be surprised. Sure it's hard. But people have done it.

All in all, Sal and his leaker are big jerks...
Well, I wouldn't say "jerks" per se. More "gives me another reason to care less about reveals".

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
I'm not flaming, I support the Gematsu Leak. I want the Chorus Men badly.

All in good fun, man.
Some how I quoted you as well but didn't mean to. Your magic conch joke had me laughing good by the way.

@Jumpman - it isn't reasonable at all that's for sure. Though it was inevitable that someone was going to leak things just as they did with Melee and Brawl. The first thread here I rembered about it was tilted something like "all the newcomers were leaked before e3." If it was that important then anyone who wants surprises the. they should have been avoiding threads like that. Naturally the topics start infesting other threads and a that point people just need to make decision about how they go about their Smash discussion and avoid certain places partially or fully.

When I watch a movie or tv show on YouTube the last thing I do is read the comments first.

Kain6th

Smash Ace
Hey my countdown says tomorrow will mark 60 days before it releases in Japan and 80 days before it releases in the U.S.

Think its just a coincidence they're giving us another newcomer tomorrow?

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
the only thing i don't want is for chrom to be revealed. having another fire emblem character revealed would be really boring, though i guess because i'm not a fan of the fire emblem series. i'm hoping for shulk, chorus men, or some unexpected character.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Shulk is sweaty, knees weak, monado heavy
Theres vomit on his stage already, chrom's spaghetti
He's spaghetti but on the surface he looks spaghetti and ready to drop X bombs
But he keeps on forgetting to B Down.
The whole crowd goes loud.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Some how I quoted you as well but didn't mean to. Your magic conch joke had me laughing good by the way.

@Jumpman - it isn't reasonable at all that's for sure. Though it was inevitable that someone was going to leak things just as they did with Melee and Brawl. The first thread here I rembered about it was tilted something like "all the newcomers were leaked before e3." If it was that important then anyone who wants surprises the. they should have been avoiding threads like that. Naturally the topics start infesting other threads and a that point people just need to make decision about how they go about their Smash discussion and avoid certain places partially or fully.

When I watch a movie or tv show on YouTube the last thing I do is read the comments first.
The difference is the major Melee and Brawl leaks were a month before release. And I'm still planning on leaving the boards to not be spoiled at that time.

But if the Gematsu leak are the only newcomers left like some people believe, then it's too late. When you think about it, it's pretty selfish and morally wrong to have leaked things as early as he did. That's why I hope that Sakurai finds out who he is and where he is so he'll get his just desserts...

Shaymin slicker

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shadowshaymin
3DS FC
1547-5202-1903
I think three is definitely pushing it. I could understand three if Earthbound/Mother continued to expand, but it isn't. Heck, if you look at the Pikmin series, we only have one representative, along with Animal Crossing. Both of those series continue to grow, yet we don't need more than one representative. The same goes for the WarioWare series.

I think it's silly to have Lucas return, especially since he is so similar to Ness. If anything, I could see Poo, Jeff, or Paula, but I don't think that's going to happen either. We can only speculate at this point and wait.
Wow you got me there as well. I guess it wouldn't make much sense if we had another Pikmin character since it would be just about the same as Olimar. And since you made that point about Lucas and Ness being the same I guess we can live without 3 characters. (Also the creator said 3 games is enough so I think Ness will be the only one now)

I don't think that will happen. I don't think anyone looking at the direct tomorrow will exactly know who they are since they are really old characters (Even though the game had a re-release not too long ago) but like you said we have to wait until then.

TheRandomCities4

Smash Ace
Boring. Boring as hell.

We can't speculate anyone else for trailers, because apparently they're all Gematsu-leaked characters.

It's as I've feared.

Prepare for the escalation of chaos on the threads, and across the internet.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if some people are so affected by the upcoming incessant ****storm that they refund their purchases. I won't be one of these people, but I'm just spouting exposition, so don't mind me.

MewtwoX825

Smash Ace

Well I'm done for the night. You could of just not said anything and not ruin everyones fun but as usual Sal's messengers had to kill the hype.

Of course that being said if this guy is really legit and not just second guessing cause everyone else is assuming its Shulk, rather than having any factual proof like the other leaks had.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
I'd rather be surprised with disappointments when the game comes out. That way I'm not living in anti-hype for 2 months.
Yeah that makes sense. I was thinking from the perspective that "if I had to be highly butthurt/disappointed, I'd rather get it over with now so any negativity I feel will be gone by the day of release". Your way is good too.

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
One of his attacks will be called "leak !" It destroys all hype on the screen and makes your opponents really irritated

Brojito

Smash Rookie
Regardless of who it's gonna be I'm still gonna be hyped no matter what. Seeing these reveal trailers are awesome, I just re-watched the Palutena one just to see that small anime bit.

Knife Myths

Smash Journeyman
Doesn't it make sense though? Earthbound was only released in America and the Mother franchise hasn't expanded past the third installment, which is rather old. The series doesn't seem to be that relevant anymore. Why does that warrant more than one character to represent the series? I'm not trying to sound discouraging, that's just how I perceive it.
It's really frustrating to see so many people assume Mother is an expired/unpopular franchise just because there are only three installments when it's simply because the creator had a plan for the series and doesn't want to overstretch it with superfluous entries. It's still remembered and quite well liked, especially in Japan.

I'm not saying we will or should get another Mother rep, but calling it irrelevant just because there's no Super Mother Kart game is kind of naive.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Even if it's Shulk tomorrow. Please don't let that kill your hype guys. Just because Sal's source says Shulk, does not mean there are only 2 more newcomers.

There's too evidence pointing to other potential newcomers for me to say that those are the only 2 other newcomers we're getting.

Jumpman84

Smash Lord
NNID
Jumpman84
3DS FC
3695-0041-5877
Right now, I'm depressed and cursing the day that I ever heard the name Gematsu.

But when I watch that trailer tomorrow on my smartphone on the way to work, I'll be like:

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Even if it's Shulk tomorrow. Please don't let that kill your hype guys. Just because Sal's source says Shulk, does not mean there are only 2 more newcomers.

There's too evidence pointing to other potential newcomers for me to say that those are the only 2 other newcomers we're getting.
Doublepost sorry

Yep ridley is a prime example. His shot just got even better because of a megaman picture on the pyrosphere.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom