• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Character: Zelda.

Stryks

Smash Hero
woah woah WOAH since when is dins fire confirmed?thats BS and my BS detector agrees and how will she transform IF SHES TP ZELDA and sheik is from OoT!!??

Zone

Smash Champion
as long as she doesn't spam her dtilt like in melee im happy with the princess with the mostess
What?! her down tilt kinda sucks. I only use it when my enemies are high percentage >.> of If I think i can poke through the shield. other than that. Crouch canceled smash to my face no thanks lol

^^

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
woah woah WOAH since when is dins fire confirmed?thats BS and my BS detector agrees and how will she transform IF SHES TP ZELDA and sheik is from OoT!!??

Dins Fire:
on the site its the ending of dins fire.(the 3rd pic)

it really dosent matter what game their from-thats just there apperance-for example, wario waft is not in warioware.

Black/Light

Smash Master
I think that pic is just a pose she does when she hasn't moved for a well.

And I agree with Stryks. . . Plus Wario is Wario is Wario. Just like with Mario theres only ONE, not one born every w/e years or a new one in every game.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
I think that pic is just a pose she does when she hasn't moved for a well.

And I agree with Stryks. . . Plus Wario is Wario is Wario. Just like with Mario theres only ONE, not one born every w/e years or a new one in every game.

No offense, but do you main Zelda? If you do, that's the ending pose for Din's Fire.

And wario-there are two-mario's wario & warioware's wario. In any warioware game, he dosent fart. So, moves and characters dont really get affected by newer games, besides appearences.

Zone

Smash Champion
That is the same pose as Din's fire, it's a good assumption. But w/o actually seeing what that move did. You can only assume. Even if it's a good assumption

They coulda took her pose for that spell, and made it for something new is what I'm saying. Never know.

Black/Light

Smash Master
No offense, but do you main Zelda? If you do, that's the ending pose for Din's Fire. What Zone said.

And wario-there are two-mario's wario & warioware's wario. In any warioware game, he dosent fart. So, moves and characters dont really get affected by newer games, besides appearences.
There is only one Wario. And thats. . . Wario. They didn't make a completely different character up for WarioWare, they just took that "Mario Wario" and did a spin off with new cloths. Thats like saying theres 2 Angles because he looks/ acts different between the two series. The series being "Buffy: The Vamp slayer" Angle and the Angle from his spin off. . ."Angle".

Stryks

Smash Hero
Zelda was dirty blonde in TP, would actually prefer that color...

Ethan get ur facts straight:
Wario not farting in warioware? what makes u so sure? I have PLAYED warioware smooth moves, and past WW games, and In one of the minigames wario indeed farts, theres no official name, but yes wario farts in WW... and wario from WW is the same wario from the wario land games, only with a diferent look, and job...

In every game mario is always the same person, so is samus, and fox, but not in LoZ, with only a few exceptions in most of the games zelda link and ganondorf arent the same person, Zelda in TP is not the same one as in OoT, TP take splace HUNDREDS of years after OoT, thus TP Zelda didnt had Impa to show her how to become shiek, and just becuase of one screenshot it doesnt mean her B moves are intact, having now fought in the last two zelda games, shes bound to have original moves, and that could be simply a pose she does when she doesnt move for a period of time, like mario fixing the position of his hat, and peach fixing her hair...

Black/Light

Smash Master
. . . Her hair looked brown in TP. IDK what white people call their hair but that just looks brown with blond high lights to me :p.

cyberdemon

Smash Journeyman
IDK if your serious but thats the name of the color/style of hair
Dude, you need to fix your sarcasm detector :laugh:

Anyways, I wonder how many different Zeldas and Ganons have appereared troughout all Zelda games?

Weed

Smash Lord
Zelda in TP is not the same one as in OoT, TP take splace HUNDREDS of years after OoT
Isn't there a possibility that Zelda has an unusually long lifespan? I dont know, but it just seems wierd to have such a character replaced by someone who looks exactly the same...I know it happened with Link, but I've been under the impression that it was the same Zelda.

Devastlian

Smash Lord
I think it was decreed in the story of one of the earlier Zelda games that every female heir to the throne of Hyrule would be named Zelda...or something like that.

So ya, the Zeldas change as much as a Link does. I think there's only one Ganondorf, though, since he's always being resurrected or returning.

silver777

Smash Champion
In Akaneia, blasting every castle with a pink Land
I think it was decreed in the story of one of the earlier Zelda games that every female heir to the throne of Hyrule would be named Zelda...or something like that.

So ya, the Zeldas change as much as a Link does. I think there's only one Ganondorf, though, since he's always being resurrected or returning.
From Wikipedia:

"In the sequel to The Legend of Zelda, The Adventure of Link, Link must rescue the original Princess Zelda from long ago. According to the backstory, the power of the Triforce had belonged to one man alone, a great king of Hyrule. When he died, the artifact was divided, and the heir to the throne could inherit only part of it. Before his death, the king had told only the prince’s younger sister, Zelda, where the missing parts of the Triforce could be found. The princess would not give away her precious secret, even under threats from the prince and one of his counselors, an evil magician. In his anger, the magician put a powerful sleeping curse on the princess, despite the objections of the prince. The spell was successful, but the magician died in exhaustion after its casting. The devastated prince ordered that every female born into the royal family would be named Zelda in memory of the tragedy. Princess Zelda was placed in the North Palace and lay there for untold ages until Link (on his 16th birthday, years after the events of the original Legend of Zelda) learned of her fate and set out to break the curse."

Fawriel

Smash Master
Off/On topic: I just browsed through the previous tier lists on the Smashwiki... and noticed that Zelda used to have a high ranking in the tiers, like Luigi. Now, Luigi I can understand, since his aerials are just godly. But how on earth could Zelda be seen as that good? Was that back when her smashes weren't so escapable or did people just do nothing but shuffle fairs back then or what?

EDIT: Looks like I posted too soon, she was only high up in the first tier list.
But still, did that have to do with the previous version of Melee? That could be an indication of her power to come when she's fixed up...

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
I have version 1 of Melee and she is notably better, as in her F-Smash doesn't gimp out all of the time, and it's not so escapable, along with her U-Smash being a bit better at keeping people trapped in it as well. I don't really know about any other glaring differences in the other versions, since I usually only play my copy of the game, and if I play any other version (like at a tournament :-/ ) , those are the first two differences I notice. Of course, even with Zelda being slightly better in version 1 of the game, I don't know if she was really better enough to really change her place in the tiers significantly.

Furthermore, I really hope they do make her better in Brawl, but it is a bit disconcerting to me how, in every subsequent version release of SSBM, they seemed to only make her worse. :(

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
ok....i just meant from wat wikipedia says:

"And every female born into the royal family will be named Zelda." That explains why there is more than one Zelda, but I've always believed that Zelda was the same person every game she's in. Sorry I didn't explain it very well, ODIN. Can't wait to verse you and Elana!

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
In my mind, I've always interpreted the story to imply that throughout the generations, it is always the same souls reincarnating (Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link), playing out their roles through the Triforce. That satisfies the notion that while each Link, game to game, is (more often than not) technically "different," it is still basically the same person behind the character. In Wind Waker, reincarnation made all kinds of sense with the Tetra/Zelda thing (although I haven't played that game in a while, so I could be forgetting something important).

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Yeah, WindWaker kinda set that reincarnation thing in stone for me. I didn't really like Ganondorf in that one, but I liked his beard. ;) Glad they gave him that in Twilight Princess.

The reincarnation makes more sense when you look at the games in a timeline. It also makes sense why they relativly(?) look the same throughout all of the games.

Good find ethan: Every female will born Zelda. :) Very good find.

I'll probably get flamed for this, but what if Zelda had a brother of some sort? O_o

melee_man

Smash Cadet
..theres more than 1 version of melee?
how can you tell which version you have?

sorry that was off topic:

I hope zelda atleast isupgraded in attack speed. It would help her out

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
The best way to check is to look on the bottom of the disc, on the side with the data (shiny side). You should see something like JPN-00, or something along those lines. That will tell you what version you have, but I'm not sure about what version had what in it.

SpitFire15

Smash Ace
I think the main problem why Zelda was so mediocre in Melee was the fact her best moves had to sweetspotted. That and the fact her B move was her only remotely good special. She was fun to play as, but to get most KOs, I had to transform into Shiek (who I hope does not make it into Brawl).

I say they make her a bit quicker and make it so you don't have to sweetspot moves like her lightning kicks/f-smash/u-air. She'd be a lot better, more fun and less awkward to play. Her FS can be a rain of light arrows or something like that.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
no, her fs should be the ending of OoT:

Zelda holds the enemy in place, The the sages blast the enemy, stuning them, THEN Zelda uses her light arrow to finish.

Weed

Smash Lord
no, her fs should be the ending of OoT:

Zelda holds the enemy in place, The the sages blast the enemy, stuning them, THEN Zelda uses her light arrow to finish.
That would be so leet

Actually, that would be a good idea for her ultimate smash
Do it to Ganon=gg

Top Bottom