• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Comer Tournament !!!!

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
THE TOURNAMENT HAS OFFICIALLY STARTED! PM me if you battle with a different character! You can only choose your character on the first round and this will be your character for the rest of the game.

Completed: Winner Ivysaur

Ivysaur
Pokemon Trainer
2277-6453-0613

Vs.

Vmage
Jigglypuff(or he might be Kirby)
1118-0507-9458

Completed: Winner Capt. Collins

Capt. Collin’s
Luigi
4254-3968-2191

vs

DreadCthuslhu
Falco
3995-6191-5592

DJ Raze
Wolf
4253-3164-3569

vs

Winabego
Captain Falcon
1634-6053-2433

Psychicboy
Pit
4855-7368-5543

Vs.

Hoshi
Meta Knight
3996-3095-6519

Pwnerbren
Metaknight
5155-2584-0929

VS.

Ray Robo
Metaknight
3395-5573-1816

O.I.P.
Wolf
1032-1862-7207

Vs.

Krypt
Yoshi
(needs friend code)

THE CHANNEL FOR THE TOURNAMENT IS ON http://fsmash.org/ AND JUST JOIN THE CHANNEL "TOURNAMENT"

THE RULES ARE AS FOLLOWS:

THREE(3) STOCKS PER ROUND, AND EACH MATCH IS BEST OF TWO OUT OF THREE BETWEEN EACH CONTENDER.
ALL ITEMS ARE ON, BUT ON LOW - REPEAT ALL ITEMS LOW

Find your opponent - and once you guys are done, come back as soon as possible to PM me who won and how.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

CALLING ALL NEW COMERS WITHIN THE LAST MONTH, OR IF YOU HAVE LESS THAN 50 POSTS!!! We should hold a tournament to see who is the greatest of us all(in smash bros, of course)!!! Please sign up here, just with your Faux Finder screen name(I'll explain how to sign up below), your interest in participating, what you believe your skill level is between 1 through 5(1 being very n00b, 5 being very experienced), and the character you will be playing as(we're only going to allow one character for the whole tournament). Do not post your friend code, as we'll be able to do that right before the tournament at Faux Finder.

Since it's still the weekend, I think a good time for it would be today - though that wont give us much time to get everyone signed up. Just sign up here, and once we get at least 8 players we can start.

-------

Faux Finder: http://fsmash.org/

It's pretty simple - just enter a username and password at the top and click "create account".

Once you've done this, come back and post your screen name.

-------

My information:

Faux Finder S/N: Ivysaur
I am interested in signing up for the tournament for play today!
My skill level is about: 4
My character will be: Pokemon Trainer

I hope to hear from you all soon!

------

Rules for tournament:

3 stock
Low items
All stages are allowed
You can only be one character through-out the entire tournament.

Added Detail on Rules(by popular demand):
The prize will be the pride of the best newcomer on SWF(at least, active enough to participate in this thread).
I am the tournament director by default; I will set up all the brackets(which once we have enough players, I can average in characters + skill level) - and give everyone a link to a chat room. Everyone will compete at the same time(or similar times) - and the players will report back who won - with a tiny gist of how the round played out. There are no disqualifications so long as the requirements of low items and 3 stocks is upheld(but obviously, no hacks). No time limits. No time outs - going to the next round is entirely up to the players in question. If we do not have 8 or 16 players(something in between), near the top if there are 3 or 5 people remaining we'll have to have "advantage" games where each player will play each other player winning two consecutive rounds in a row - the players with the most wins will move up to the next tier.

We're aiming for tomarrow - Monday, March 8th 2010 at 3:00 P.M. to 5:00 P.M. Standard Pacific Time.

------

If all goes well, we can have a newcomer team tournament after!

Once we get started, I'll list all the match ups, schedule, and everything else.

------

So far we have:

Jbandit
Faux Finder: Jbandit
Ill sign up for today tournament as long as it starts and finishes by 10
Skill Level: 4.5
My Character: Lucas, of course

CaptCollins
Account: CaptCollins
Character: Luigi
Skill level: I own lulz

Psychicboy
Faux Finder S/N: Psychicboy
My skill level is about: 3
My character will be: Pit

DreadCthulhu
Faux Finder S/N: DreadCthulhu
I am interested in signing up for the tournament for play TODAY!
My skill level is about: (similar to JBandit :D, and he says 4.5, but i really think im more like 3.5-4.0)
My character will be: Falco

DJRaze
SN: DJRaze2156
Character Wolf

PwnerBren7
Faux Finder S/N: Bren
As long as there's a good schedule, I can play.
My skill level: 4.5-5 ( I think )
My character: Meta Knight

Vmage;9756280
Fsmash name: Video Mage
Character: Jigglypuff

MAYBE
JoeJenkins
My S/N: JoeJenkins
I'm interested in playing anytime...but later would be better
My Character is Diddy Kong
I Would consider myself to be a 3

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ill do this but lol I just read this in the NNMFA.

Faux Finder: Jbandit
Ill sign up for today tournament as long as it starts and finishes by 10
Skill Level: 4.5
My Character: Lucas, of course

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
Im in I spose, just a sec.
Dunno how the site works buttttt......
Account: CaptCollins
Character: MetaKnight
Skill level: I own lulz

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Have you signed up within the past 30 days? In the meet & greet thread, it seems you have. Well since you have such low post count, I think you should sign up anyways.
Does post count matter?
If so, i feel like a newcomer, i suck butt @ brawl ;)

Aibou

Smash Master
You should keep a list of everyone that's signed up, Ivysaur. It helps with organization.

psychicboy

Smash Apprentice
Im in..

Faux Finder S/N: Psychicboy
My skill level is about: 3
My character will be: Pit

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
I'll make a list once this thread gets over two pages or we have over 8 people signed up. :p

We still need to figure out the best time for everyone, which will hopefully be sometime later today considering it's still the weekend.

jbandit said:
Agrees with this. Plus how many people do you have now?
Four, including myself.

DJRaze

Smash Rookie
ill join in 2 since i need 1v1 practice n my lvl is over 9000!!! XD

SN: DJRaze2156
Character Wolf

DreadCthulhu

Smash Cadet
Faux Finder S/N: DreadCthulhu
I am interested in signing up for the tournament for play TODAY!
My skill level is about: (similar to JBandit :D, and he says 4.5, but i really think im more like 3.5-4.0)
My character will be: Falco

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet
People should sign up with the right format too... >_>
Agreed. I dunno about having it today, unless its way later tonight. Id be fun if we had more than 5 people. Make it double elim or something.
Also ivysuar you have the best avatar on this site hahahaha

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
Agreed. I dunno about having it today, unless its way later tonight. Id be fun if we had more than 5 people. Make it double elim or something.
Also ivysuar you have the best avatar on this site hahahaha
Haha thanks. I'm hoping for a tournament within the next 6 hours(preferrably in 3 hours) - with 8 to 12 people.

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
So far we have six players. Once we get two more players we can begin a schedule, bracket line up, and chat room set up. I'm thinking this will all occur within the next two hours.

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
:laugh: I'm going to post your information in the OP.

WE ONLY NEED ONE MORE PLAYER GUYS!!!

So far we have a pretty interesting line up:

We have a:

Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Luigi
Pit
And of course, Pokemon Trainer(me me me).

Pretty awesome everyone is a different character. I'm personally wary of the Falco and the Lucas(they're the easiest to cheese with Falco's reflector/down throw - and Lucas's up smash) - luigi and wolf shouldn't be too much of a problem with my tactics. :)

Pit and Diddy Kong - I'll be rooting for ya(except of course, when we battle)! You guys have the least fling, so I'd try to be creative with your character's advantages. Remember - all stages are allowed - so if I was pit I'd choose a stage which is easy to fall off(so you can fly around - maybe rainbow cruise) - and Diddy kong - I'd pick a vertical stage you can run around in and get items - like rumble falls. Even though diddy kong has a poor fling - you can use the levels with side boundaries to get an edge.

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
Ooooh doubtful of Lucas are we then if you underestimate him...it will be your demise my fellow brawlers. Though why so many top tiers D: Oh well Lucas is Top Tier in my book :3

psychicboy

Smash Apprentice
:laugh: I'm going to post your information in the OP.

WE ONLY NEED ONE MORE PLAYER GUYS!!!

So far we have a pretty interesting line up:

We have a:

Falco
Wolf
Lucas
Diddy Kong
Snake
Pit
And of course, Pokemon Trainer(me me me).

Pretty awesome everyone is a different character. I'm personally wary of the Falco and the Lucas(they're the easiest to cheese with Falco's reflector/down throw - and Lucas's up smash) - snake and wolf shouldn't be too much of a problem with my tactics. :)

Pit and Diddy Kong - I'll be rooting for ya(except of course, when we battle)! You guys have the least fling, so I'd try to be creative with your character's advantages. Remember - all stages are allowed - so if I was pit I'd choose a stage which is easy to fall off(so you can fly around - maybe rainbow cruise) - and Diddy kong - I'd pick a vertical stage you can run around in and get items - like rumble falls. Even though diddy kong has a poor fling - you can use the levels with side boundaries to get an edge.
Lol... Can't wait to fight you. Even if I do lose to someone else, I'd really like to brawl you.

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
Ooooh doubtful of Lucas are we then if you underestimate him...it will be your demise my fellow brawlers. Though why so many top tiers D: Oh well Lucas is Top Tier in my book :3
Lucas is definately top tier because of his up smash, air moves, throws, and baseball bat. But careful - if they choose a level which is hard to recover... you may just be eating your words. :)

And Aibou - someone did choose metaknight - but they switched to Falco(which is much smarter against my pokemon, at least).

I'll give you guys a hint against me - if your character has no projectiles or deflector moves - it's going to be very tough to defeat me.

Edit: I can't wait, PB :O

JoeJenkins

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, maybe try finding another player, because im probably gonna be busy from like 830 to 1130 or 12 eastern. If this happens really late, or even on another day I will definitely be in

#HBC | J

Prince of DGamesia
With me if it's past 10 it's a no.

Lol Lucas's upsmash has alot of lag and isn't really used.

Plus if there is even a little bit of lag Lucas is at a disadvantage with PKT. Though I know what stages to choose for each MU.

Btw you should try and make this a weekly thing type thing.

Knubs.

ナブ Paquito.
Faux Finder S/N: Shadowfirex100
I am interested in signing up for the tournament for play today.
My skill level is about: .9001 (Its over... Oh wai-)
My character will be: Luigi, Snake, and Falco

I'm a newcomer. No lie. Look at my skill level.

Ivysaur

Smash Cadet
You can only pick one character, Shadowfrex. And you have over 50 posts. :O

This isn't about skill level necessarily, but newcomers to SWF. I mean, Jbandit barely qualified(especially cause I despise lucas/ness players). :p

Jbandit said:
Lol Lucas's upsmash has alot of lag and isn't really used.

Plus if there is even a little bit of lag Lucas is at a disadvantage with PKT. Though I know what stages to choose for each MU.

Btw you should try and make this a weekly thing type thing.
Are you kidding me? Lucas's upsmash is relatively instantaneous, it can catch people on either side of him, negate's links down a from the air, and goes pretty high up into the air as well. It's probably the best up smash in the game, EXCEPT for Ivysaur's up smash(lol, and I'm not just being biased). Fox has a good upsmash as far as speed is concerned - but Ivysaur can K O somebody with around 40%-50% with his(especially if you have technique :) ). I mean, I can kill small characters like pikachu, kirby, jiggly puff, etc. with around 20% to 30% with one quick upsmash.

And yes I would love to make this a weekly thing, and it probably will be.

psychicboy

Smash Apprentice

I'm a newcomer. No lie.
Its only one character :D

CaptCollins

Smash Cadet

I'm a newcomer. No lie. Look at my skill level.
Is he joking? lol

Top Bottom