• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Crew 1's Weekly Brawl Hoedown at Rutgers

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
It should be? If we could do it before friday that would be better for me lol. i got 2 finals next monday and another one the tuesday after.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero
Well guys. I just wanted to say its been fun. But I am officially retiring from "competitive" brawl. I have been fooling around with "high" tier chars for a while now and I just can't get used to any of them. I don't have fun playing with anyone but Yoshi and unfortunately, and yes I am admitting it for the first time, Yoshi just isn't high tier. lololol.

It was fun! Nice meeting most of you and good luck in future weekly/tournaments.
i'm probably one of those people who aren't metioned in the most catagory:(JK :bee:

but seriously...if you like playing a character in this game and like singles, you need to get over your characters disadvantages. Like take for instance in melee, i loved DK, however he got ***** by spacies barf sheik falcon and anyone else who had a brain, HOWEVER i learned how to get around these factors and learned how to use him effectivly. when i still played the game i beat Bass's falco with dk, i gave spammer "a run for his money", i made LKs barf have to dance around the stage more carefuly, and i made inui actually complain about dk vs sheik, so before you actually quit the game because of your character, think of it this way. If many other people are faced with the same problems that you are and get around it. Why can't you. **** MR.3000 MAINS SONIC AND HES LIKE TOP IN TEXAS

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Everybody loves atomsk xD jk i hate you <3

yeah yoshi's pretty good actually. just have a backup.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
Ugh. I told myself not to come back on these forums to read responses. =/ I couldn't control myself. Keitaro your right! It is like quitting smoking (not that I know) I am literally fighting with myself not come to these weekend tourneys and montage's tourney.

And atmosk I didn't mind meeting you, even if you won our first match by chain grabbing on a what should have been a banned stage.... (but I got over it) =)

yoshiii =/

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
but seriously...if you like playing a character in this game and like singles, you need to get over your characters disadvantages. Like take for instance in melee, i loved DK, however he got ***** by spacies barf sheik falcon and anyone else who had a brain, HOWEVER i learned how to get around these factors and learned how to use him effectivly. when i still played the game i beat Bass's falco with dk, i gave spammer "a run for his money", i made LKs barf have to dance around the stage more carefuly, and i made inui actually complain about dk vs sheik, so before you actually quit the game because of your character, think of it this way. If many other people are faced with the same problems that you are and get around it. Why can't you. **** MR.3000 MAINS SONIC AND HES LIKE TOP IN TEXAS
That was Melee where DK was actually good and bad characters could at least still do huge combos and stuff. In Brawl, bad characters can't do that and that makes it hard for them to kill or to rack up damage.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
That was Melee where DK was actually good and bad characters could at least still do huge combos and stuff. In Brawl, bad characters can't do that and that makes it hard for them to kill or to rack up damage.
like how your ice climber lived to 205% vs my sonic despite me fsmashing from the end of the stage?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
*grumble grumble* stupid kashif haxing all the time...lol also pride don't give up...yoshi's actually decent.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
It's all about having fun PRiDE. I'm thinking of going all Captain Falcon for the Montage tourney because I find Falcon alot more fun to play then Falco.

If anything, try to come to that tourney before you decide to quit. Alot of Out-of-state people are coming to this so it's something that shouldn't be missed.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Who cares? DK kills at like 60 and does that damage in just three hits.

He even has multiple methods of killing due to his forward b set-ups and spikes.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Who cares? DK kills at like 60 and does that damage in just three hits.

He even has multiple methods of killing due to his forward b set-ups and spikes.
You are highly exaggerating how quickly DK kills and how quickly he damages people to 60.

But none of that changes the fact that awful characters have a tough time dealing damage and suck at killing.

NJzFinest

Smash Hero
Inui, I saw Chris today at Mercer playing Smash (that Peach player who used to play with King and the others last year).

It appears he's trying to get really good at Brawl, you should get him to come to tourneys.

PRiDE

Smash Lord
ugh lolol. I will compete in the next two tourns, what ever is happening this weekend, and Montages. I know im gonna miss it to much not to go.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, I saw Chris today at Mercer playing Smash (that Peach player who used to play with King and the others last year).

It appears he's trying to get really good at Brawl, you should get him to come to tourneys.
You should probably actually stay there and play us. Chris isn't going to ever go anywhere. I always asked him for Melee and he always said he had something else to do.

I threestock Chris with Marth/Pit/Dedede consistently. :)

BUM163

Smash Lord
Every wednesday and thursday is training grounds at web2zone. from melee to brawl, to tekken 5 to street fighter, come to play and train with other players. Fridays are brawl weeklys which every week has been 40 plus. You have any questions pm me here or hit me up on aim which is oni163.

Top Bottom