• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new desynched edgu guard? maybe?

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
itll only work with a platform level

when the opponet is coming back desynch so nana is busy doing something and have popo jump on the above platform. nana wont follow but she will still do the same commands as popo.

now you have both areas covered

what do you think?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Dosn't really require much timing at all, acualy. Go to FD with the ICs, use any method to desynch them (roll and spotdodge works well here), and while they roll, hung up on the analog. Tada, Nana efforlessly starts jumping, and popo is standing. Do that under a platform near the edge and proceed to edgeguard.

Also, if you practice a little bit, you can get Nana to double jump with very little lag on Popo by having Nana jump (as above), then before she lands, quickly shff with Popo. Nana won't FF because she won't reach her peak as quickly as Popo will.

As for as using this for edgeguarding, I've never thought if it before. My guess is it's incredibly useful on some stages (read: YS). Cool idea, I'll have to try it out.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
Well I use it sometimes, and is good if you make popo stand on the platform on FoD and nana beneath, the timing for the opponent to shield might get wrong when nana f-smash/dmash and popo gets a rather a safe distance from the opponent when nana goes for the edgeguard (remember to try to combo anything Nana does, preferaably to bair since the knockback is"really nice".....

pockyD

Smash Legend
I think this has limited use; if they're trying to recover over you, a double bair is probably better than a solo smash IMO

mathis4dorkz

Smash Cadet
yeahhh but for opponents who recover differently and know to mix things up i think its very helpful. Covering 2x as much area as you would without.

im going to think of a name for it :)

N1c2k3

Smash Lord
I agree w/Pocky. This could def be useful MAYBE once every so very often, but for the most part it's not too hard to read an opponents recovery to the point where you can't at least land a bair. And if they manage to land behind you, even if you miss a smash, especially on a char w/a slower upB recovery, you usually have enough time to run up and grab, obviously only on flat stages though. You can do a grab combo to smash either way, facing backwards or forwards, so it doesn't matter if you don't have enough time to grab them from the other side or not. This is what I usually try to do, anyways. Most of the time ppl will be expecting a smash, especially on recovering Foxes/Falcos/Falcons, etc, and try to tech. Just grab if you can. The reason being, obviously, it's another grab, dir. You can then repeat another grab combo, smash, Nana spike, or reverse Popo spike if you're me. J/K. Just food for thought...

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
It never works for me. Everytime I get popo to jump onto a seperate platform, after nana does her command, she jumps back up with popo. Would continuously making them do attacks keep her from reuniting with popo?

Could be useful. My roomate loves playing Yoshi's island 64 so we'll see.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
I do this all the time. But I usually stand on top of the platform, then spotdodge desynch and hold down. Nana will drop through and stand on the floor. It basically creates a huge wall that your opponent has to try to get around. Use whatever smash is necessary. This works while the opponent is on the stage sometimes too. Especially on Fountain of Dreams. I've managed to land a double usmash with Nana knocking the opponent up into my usmash.

Top Bottom