• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new discovery *aerial after attack*/works with ISJ

acv

Smash Journeyman
so i have searched and found nothing so sorry if this has already been found.
so i was playing against a level 9 cpu,the stage was battlefield and we were both on the top platform and i was using wolf . i did a fsmash but the cpu shielded then i accidentaly pressed A and wolf did a nair.so i tested this a little further and noticed that with the proper spacing any attack that sends you forward(ex. wolf's fsmash,snake's dash attack)and the oponent shields you will fall of the platform with no lag allowing you to do inmediately an aerial.depending on the aerial most of the time it will hit even if they are shielding.btw this works with the infinite second jump that has just been discovered if you jump right after the aerial.

also a lvl 9 zelda went instantly from her dtilt to her fair on the ledge of battlefield.if something like this has happened to anyone before or if you know how to do anything like this please tell me.

btw the cpu did it again but right in the middle of final destination.it was a lvl 9 toon link.it went from d tilt to bair,this possibly confirms that some characters can cancel their dtilt right in to an aerial.too bad the cpu wont tell me.

SD14

Smash Cadet
never seen this before but could be useful for keeping people off the edge

acv

Smash Journeyman
Another tech for Snake >.<
it isnt necesarily for snake but if the opponent is on a platform you get a free aerial and if he is on the ledge it is an instant ko since he will most likely get stage spiked depending on damage.,

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
Something similar happens to me as Meta Knight. While shielding a strong attack on a ledge, I slide over the edge, and when I go to shield grab, I end up doing a nair instead.

SketchHurricane

Smash Ace
What kind of timing does this take? Do you basically tap A again right as the attack is blocked? Sounds pretty odd, can't picture how it looks in my head but I'll try it out.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
It works either way, if you slide of a ledge after blocking an attack or from having a strong attack blocked it cancels the lag of your previous action. It's really situational, but it might be useful against ledge campers.

Kayzee

Smash Journeyman
What kind of timing does this take? Do you basically tap A again right as the attack is blocked? Sounds pretty odd, can't picture how it looks in my head but I'll try it out.
It has to be pretty quick. You'd have to time it as though you were going to shield grab right after the shielded attack frames end. If you do it too late, you'll start falling as though you were footstool jumped off of. Do it too early, and you'll be vulnerable to the attack you were trying to block.

Phantomwake

Smash Journeyman
DashDair

Kirby for high tier

I am pretty sure that move is ridiculous and then kirby can edgeguard

Tenki

Smash Hero
This used to happen to me often when I used Ike.

It usually went down as a Jab > N-air suicide death.

:[

acv

Smash Journeyman
i will try to post a vid as well.but it would be better if somebody who can do it makes the vid instead because i dont hvae anything to make the vid with.

Kiederen

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure this happened in Melee too, if at anytime you are pushed off of an edge or platform, it cancels any animation you were in. I think it may be too dependent on your opponent to be an effective advanced technique. In fact, this effect can work against you. If your strong attack is shielded by your opponent, and you slip off of the edge over a killzone, then you've just put yourself into a recovery position; rather than on offense, you've been forced into defense. Shielding a lot of Ike's attacks pushes him pretty far, and if he's off an edge, his nair lasts too long for him to recover from.

unless you're talking about something else. In which case disregard my nonsense.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lttaxnCe8

Anyway I promised a video here it is.
I just used a c-stick down smash to a Nair to show how lagless it is.
Any move or button input can be done the immediate frame afterward, no lag at all insane versatility.
However, it is much to situational to be worth mastering, but useful to know.
Please post your feedback on this thread.

acv

Smash Journeyman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9lttaxnCe8

Anyway I promised a video here it is.
I just used a c-stick down smash to a Nair to show how lagless it is.
Any move or button input can be done the immediate frame afterward, no lag at all insane versatility.
However, it is much to situational to be worth mastering, but useful to know.
Please post your feedback on this thread.
thanks!btw i will try to see if i can post a video with wolf's fsmash or snake's dash attack since it works better with those.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea this is pretty useful i think whats happening is the edge-falling animation ends all your lag letting u do an arial.

how does this happen on final D.?

ledge? lol i need a vid

acv

Smash Journeyman
yea this is pretty useful i think whats happening is the edge-falling animation ends all your lag letting u do an arial.

how does this happen on final D.?

ledge? lol i need a vid
on final destination if the opponent is on the ledge and you hit them with an attack that sends you forward (ex. snake's dash attack) they will fall in a stumbling animation and you will just cancel the dash attack and you are able to do an aerial usualy resulting in a stage spike.

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
I cannot believe this is a thread. If this isn't common sense, i don't know what is.

You don't expect the ground attack to keep going after you leave the platform, do you?
actually, you'd be surprised at how many people kill themselves with an aerial they can recover from because they aren't aware exactly how this works. Really though, this thread isn't so much pointing out the obvious so much as it is looking at ways to exploit it.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
This was even in Melee. And to be honest, it's not something you have much control over, beyond pressing or not pressing A after an attack.

Top Bottom