• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New discovery: Infinite jumping with most characters! (STOP POSTING, USE NEW THREAD)

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Yeah
I think Ike can only ISJR w/ bair and nothing else. His second jump is wayyyy toooo short. Complete opposite of snake who has small first jump but high second jump

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Are you 100% sure? I noticed that doing the immediate double jump sometimes actually doesn't go as high as the JSR'd jump does.

For example, in my Snake video I'm about to post, my initial double jump is a certain height, then when I SJR or ISJR, that jump is significantly higher.

I think for Ike, each move is going to need proper testing. :/

Edit: Actually, in my video, my timing for the initial double jump wasn't completely immediate, but for other characters you can see what I'm talking about. Video posted on main page btw.

payasofobia

Smash Champion
I did instant double jumps off the ground (which were the height of, if not slightly lower than, a SJR) and...

...It appears, by the buffer test, only Ike's bair can do it. (buffering a shield roll is what I did, which requires an air dodge, so I buffered two things at once, but the shield roll buffer is what I go by, since it's a lot easier to read)

Only do the ISJR, at least. But ISJRing his bair would probably still be a bit useful. But still... OUCH. Doing a regular SJR would probably still have its uses for Ike though, but his aerials mostly last so long that they don't finish in time. XP Sorry.

EDIT: fixed
At least, it may give ike a counter against campers, ike's worst enemies , and bair it's the only move i need, it is the move i use 60 percent of the time. But still its kind of sad that he is so limited...

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Are you 100% sure? I noticed that doing the immediate double jump sometimes actually doesn't go as high as the JSR'd jump does.

For example, in my Snake video I'm about to post, my initial double jump is a certain height, then when I SJR or ISJR, that jump is significantly higher.

I think for Ike, each move is going to need proper testing. :/

Edit: Actually, in my video, my timing for the initial double jump wasn't completely immediate, but for other characters you can see what I'm talking about. Video posted on main page btw.
That so? Then there may be hope afterall. o.o *watches vid anyways*

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Where is video? Me stupid and tired from nap. Me eyes open wrongly.

Edit: Nvm its on your other thread so watever

3xSwords

Smash Lord
ISJR*
And no, personally I haven't been able to do it w/ FF. But I think being able to FF ISJR will only apply to characters that have high second jumps or aerials that finish very quickly which is only a select few, b/c some of the aerials need all the air time of their second jump to be able to ISJR again.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Making this video took me like 30 minutes to get a good round in. (I did 1-minute matches for the sake of recording)

And during that, I tried a lot of things. It seems fast falling REALLY opens up the window of when you can jump. However then you have to time your fast fall as well. XD

So yeah, FFing is possible and should be attempted in some, if not most cases.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
has anyone been able to fastfall with ISJ?
I think it was mentioned earlier and am pretty sure it's possible, but has silly timing at this point (roughly 55 hours max? since it was posted, at least). We're just getting used to the non-FF SJR timing, which is the new name for ISJ. =P But yeah, pretty sure it's possible, but still has to have the move end near the ground.

EDIT: AAAAND, I got beat to the bunch. Again. Refer to Makkun's post above me.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^lol man
L2TQ (L2type quickly) ftw. :laugh:
I wonder how the pros are doing with the timing if they're trying it at all that is.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
This will make Snake better due to his amazing air attacks. O_o

Btw I had a thought... what about ISJRing combined with Heavy Mode?

3xSwords

Smash Lord
^nearly impossible. that's what I think lol. Wait nvm I'm thinking High Gravity.

And snake's aerials are beastly what are you talking about. In fact I never understood why they were considered bad. Is it b/c he is consistently beaten by disjointed hitboxes and lack of range?

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
I have no idea... I think all of Snake's aerials are amazing... well the Fair has its downfalls.

All of the other ones have insane knockback and the hitbox doesn't go away until the very end of the animation, which is why it's so good for ISJRing.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
This is so impossible to do consistently. I couldn't get it to work for Snake either.

EDIT: Oh, and I was able to fast fall with Marth and still do it.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
It takes a LOTTTT of practice. I don't think I can stress it enough.

It took me about an hour to get down, then another half hour to semi-consistently do Snake's Dair like in the video. And that's probably one of the easiest moves to do.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I just realized that this is silly for Pikachu. >.>; Since Pikachu can DJ out of a QAC (easily, might I add), that means you can easily do a SJR... than ISJR... than QAC when you choose...

...Sillyness. Not to mention the aerial lengths and double jump height is near perfect for this. The timing has a short enough gap to not be too hard, but also enough time to decide if you want to air dodge, QAC, or attack. In other words, sillyness. Sure, you could always do an aerial, land, than QAC out of that, but this works well too. SILLYNESS I TELL YOU!

...So yeah. Another use for SJR/ISJR is making Pikachu SLIGHTLY more mobile and silly than Pikachu already is. ...Why do I get the strange feeling that Pikachu may be used more in tourneys in a year or two, and not be as much of a niche character as Pikachu was in Melee? XP Well, the funness of this all with Pikachu is enough to make me switch mains. It's just... fun. >.>;

nightSN

Smash Ace
well of course i know you can fastfall with it i was just asking if anyone actually got it down to FF ISJR im kinda thinking it could be a new l-cancel LOL so now is it possible to do the ken combo now? :DD LOL

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I think I wanna start playing Pikachu now. (: Btw what is QAC? I'm kinda lazy.
Well, you basically Quick Attack into the ground. From any downwards angle, as long as you're above the stage. You'll...bounce, so to speak. A little bit. Often you'll move forward, too, depending on the angle, and during the time in the air, you can double jump, do a dair, or do a b move, basically. It's...quick, basically. There's other stuff they do out of it too, but I'm too lazy to explain it all. <.< Like this crazy, insane stuff. Which is... fun!

EDIT: oh, and you don't have the 'lag' from the end of the Quick Attack that you usually get, which is what makes it so...quick.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I've been trying it with Ness but I'm still having trouble with the timing. It took me about 2 weeks to get the timing for Wario's boost smash so I'm not the least bit discouraged. Is there anyone here that can get it consistently yet?

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone have videos of it being used w/attacks vs comps/players? I'm curious if this can actually work w/attacks as smoothly as people are imagining.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Fast fall then do an aerial. Hit the ground while in the middle of the aerial's animation. While your character is in his or her landing lag animation, hold up on the control stick.

for some reason your character will automatically double jump out of this.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
Fast fall then do an aerial. Hit the ground while in the middle of the aerial's animation. While your character is in his or her landing lag animation, hold up on the control stick.

for some reason your character will automatically double jump out of this.
No no no no no no no NO. That is... not it. At all. XP

Here's a vid of Lucario's bair doing it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrdOWZMjXo

Lucario's dair:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yfrdOWZMjXo

Snake's dair near the end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yB_QiRfMoY

Also, the Charizard uair infinite? This is this exact technique.

Basically, you don't touch the ground. At all. No dust clouds. You do a double jump instead. Hopefully the videos will clear it up for you. =P

What we meant by 'fast fall' was doing the aerial earlier than the usual timing, but fast fall it, so you end up spending less time in between SJRs, thus making a quicker ISJR, AND is has easier timing, so... yeeeeah.

EDIT: to that one other guy, it can work smoothly with attacks IF you practiced this technique. A lot. >.>;

Bud

Smash Journeyman
Im getting better at it..... take that Sakurai, you thought you could take the AT's away from us and we make them harder and further divide the skill gap; or this doesn't work and were all exited over a pointless trick. Either way it sure is fun.

Allbrex

Smash Apprentice
Im getting better at it..... take that Sakurai, you thought you could take the AT's away from us and we make them harder and further divide the skill gap; or this doesn't work and were all exited over a pointless trick. Either way it sure is fun.
I'm thinking the "or this doesn't work and were all exited over a pointless trick" option. I just don't see the usefulness, if you could do this off the edge as well then I could definitely see it. It looks like it takes too long to drop back to an attacking position, couldn't you just airdodge considering it's so much faster now or roll behind him and hit the person? It looks like it takes more concentration to do than Wavedashing

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
But you could also combine certain moves with platforms such as on Battlefield. :p I have yet to try this, but it seems like they could be used to make the technique easier.

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I'm thinking the "or this doesn't work and were all exited over a pointless trick" option. I just don't see the usefulness, if you could do this off the edge as well then I could definitely see it. It looks like it takes too long to drop back to an attacking position, couldn't you just airdodge considering it's so much faster now or roll behind him and hit the person? It looks like it takes more concentration to do than Wavedashing

You CAN do this off the edge... and off a platform I guess if you time it right. =P Oh, and you can air dodge ISJR as well. If the person tries to roll behind you, that's where this REALLY shines: you could reverse your ISJR direction and smack them. or air dodge. or attack earlier than you would for a SJR. Or land instead of going into the air again and doing stuff from there.

Anyways, yeah, we'll have to wait a while to see how useful it is. >.>; although, once you get the 'rhythm' down, through dozens of hours of being a geek, it wouldn't require much concentration. Besides, wavedashing required immense concentration for me at first. Took a while until it came second nature. But meh, if anything, we still gotta wait to see the extent of its usefulness. XP

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
This is probably one of Yoshi's most significant metagame discoveries.

Yoshi can actually exploit this infinite jump into what we're calling a Super Jump, which is essentially the ability to double-jump twice in a row, giving him ridiculous aerial prowess.

I don't know if this is the same thing as DJR, but it's just plain F-ing nuts. Practiced it for at least two hours last night and this morning.

3xSwords

Smash Lord
Wait you guys all understand that a surface must be below the character for this to work? That's why you can't go off the stage and keep jumping repeatedly off the edge. Sorry but that's what you guys seem to be thinking this AT is.

Also here's one example that would technically work in use of ISJR but I don't know how long it would take to master. W/ falco, when the opponent is at a certain% you might be able to dair. Pop them off the ground. Jump dair spike then FF and ISJR and do a dair while ascending from the jump. Rinse and repeat. You get where I'm going w/ this? You could pillar w/ falco again, granted it might be techable. But heck its just one example.

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Well Falco's Dair is ISJRable, and since Falco and Yoshi are two of my favorite characters to play as, I really hope this because beneficial to both of them. @__@

Makkun

Smash Journeyman
Very nice! O: I will add the video to the main thread.

Super Jumping is crazy. o_o Looks like I need to update my Yoshi game. XDD

Top Bottom