• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

*NEW* Falco Match-Up Thread ~ Week #13: Olimar

Jon?

Smash Champion
Easy said than done. Finding an opening in the ICs gameplay requires lots of patience and is a bit tricky.

__Gold__

Smash Cadet
You can't just assume you'll ba able to
avoid everything when writing up match-up ratios. And actually, Pika has an okay time keeping up with us due to his QAC and projectiles.

Also, good Pika players will use aerial Thunder (when they even use it) so as to not get hit if we happen to reflect it.

yeah thats true you can also cg him to death so yeah speically when they want to quiickattack back up cant you just spike him?

Notra

Smash Ace
Easy said than done. Finding an opening in the ICs gameplay requires lots of patience and is a bit tricky.
i have all the patience in the world. and if a hole can be found (which there is as i just explained) us falcos will exploit it.

remember MU are at the highest possible skill lvl. so holes will be poked at.

Jon?

Smash Champion
If ICs are played at the highest possible skill lvl, I don't see what part of their gameplay we can exploit easily. Whenever I play against ICs, I have to look for a hole due to their mistakes.

The only way I've been able to get an ICs to provide an opening for me is to camp platforms forcing them into the air to chase after me where I can try to break apart the two.

Notra

Smash Ace
If ICs are played at the highest possible skill lvl, I don't see what part of their gameplay we can exploit easily. Whenever I play against ICs, I have to look for a hole due to their mistakes.

The only way I've been able to get an ICs to provide an opening for me is to camp platforms forcing them into the air to chase after me where I can try to break apart the two.
sry i dont think i explained the best way. my b

when i say hole i mean a char defect not player. the easiest way to put it is if we close their options and force them to get hit. like a snake dthrowing with a nade in front of the enemy and a mine behind. (the person is getting hit.) Now for us it would be more shoot lazer making them approach. we can out camp them if they desync blizz lazers shut it down. the holes come from the flaw in the icees. Falco loses this match alot cause of the player skill unable to perfectly stay away.

ya get what i mean. in all honesty lazer/phantasm + fast ariel vert speed means unable to truely be caught. but nvr able to kill. IMO no one can beat falco, just falco can nvr surely kill anyone( lazer--> [stun]: kill)

GreenFox

Smash Ace
60-40 on diddy and 50-50 on MK really? I havent seen a falco consintantly go even with mks

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Id say due to how difficult it is to separate a good ice player and how well they can go against us, id say its 35:65 ices favor

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Keitaro's answer for IC's: Switch character :0

I'll keep working on the matchup with Falco but I took NinjaLink to last stock over 100% with Snake in tourney yesterday without much effort (thought I was gonna get ***** and somehow it was very close) so until I get better at it with Falco I'll be Snake for this. Sorry guys :(

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr

I'll keep working on the matchup with Falco but I took NinjaLink to last stock over 100% with Snake in tourney yesterday without much effort (thought I was gonna get ***** and somehow it was very close) so until I get better at it with Falco I'll be Snake for this. Sorry guys :(
yeah Snake has a much easier time than falco...

BleachigoZX

Smash Master

Keitaro, you and I play the same exact characters.

Don't tell me you also like to use Ness/PT?

Shade26

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vemnzr
I think the best way to defeat an IC is a retreating shine, jab, ftilt(poke their tiny grab range >:D), dsmash(if they mess up their grabs and pray that they go in different directions), usmash(there isn't really another way to kill them), dair(could separate them), bair, phantasm and fair(if you want to get ***** when you land.)

erick gm14

Smash Ace
Keitaro, you and I play the same exact characters.

Don't tell me you also like to use Ness/PT?
second that, i use snake also lmao, but i wanna win w falco with this MU its just so hard.. on wifi i lose to every ICY... maybe its wifi..

jab and ftilt WONT work, they will shield grab and take your stock off

cheese619

Smash Ace
Don't fastfall dair or nair at them, you will get shield grabbed. Obviously make sure to IAP and also I've found that occasionally canceling your phantasms is useful for mindgames. Their uair out-prioritizes your dair so be mindful of this when you're on a platform above them. Counterpick something ridiculous like Rainbow Ride. Keep laser spam going all the time, SHDL or SHL leads into Gatling Combo, and the usmash usually knocks them too far away to grab. Dsmash and reflector are your friends.

Overall I think this matchup is heavily in IC's favour, Falco is one of the easier characters to chaingrab and IC's generally don't have to much trouble with him. Also IC's have an easy guaranteed 0-death combo on Falco through their grab spike combo thing > ledgehog. 30:70 imo.

Lord Chair

Smash Master
I don't believe any G&W MU is momentum based. In my experience they're all spacing, get what you can get, reset situation, rinse and repeat.

gunterrsmash01

Smash Champion
Nah he's right. Once they start u airing, you have successfully conditioned them and can proceed to divorce them and ****. (Once they decide to go in the air, you have the advantage)

Its a very momentum based matchup but falco can control it better IMO. he just cant stay up close for too long. and not get greedy.

Oh and gatling combo is not safe. Many times have i gatling combo'd only for IC to shield the dash attack and spotdodge the usmash and then grab me.

Also dont forget we can CG (to possibly death) popo. the lasers from the dthrow will keep nana away and rarely can the ICs get out of this. Of course the IC will eventually learn to SDI the spike but then you just throw them offstage instead of spiking them (with a boost pivot back throw).

Also roll. roll alot. it is much safer then jumping away, spotdodging or jabbing.

Vlade

Social Outcast
55:45 in favor of falco.

this aint momentum based, once gaw is under you you get 50%, rest is in falcos favor.
I believe there is more to it than that, if you don't keep the pressure on G&W you're gonna get destroyed because being sent off stage is a world of hurt

#HBC | ZoZo

Shocodoro Blagshidect
Mix up your recovery.

I play with possibly the best GaW in the world, but nonetheless the best in Europe. In fact, he lives 15 min away from me with the train. I think I pretty much have most experience against GaW of all Falcos... Except maybe Larry xD

Notra

Smash Ace
Xonar is right we do beat g&w. There r plenty of killing holes, answers to all his shenanigens and r lasers r just as good if not better, if used right. I'd say the only reason it isn't higher that 55:45 is cause of how percentage based the match up is. Keep the lead the whole time. If they get the lead, stopping camping is just a pain where we have don't rly have a safe way to hit them. Xonar told me one tip about planking g&ws and how to stop it, but I haven't had the chance to practice it.

Top Bottom