• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Falcon AT (maybe) Video added

Tenki

Smash Hero
o_O; you guys are having trouble with this?

hold towards the stage (you do this the whole time), double jump towards the stage with the jump button, spam jump button until you wall jump, optional hit C-stick to start an aerial.

:l

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
This isn't new, and this isn't an AT in my opinion.
Like Tenki pointed out, performing this isn't difficult, either.

As I see it, the uses for this would be fairly limited, and it might even be worse than grabbing the ledge out of the wall jump. The only application I see would be getting your opponent to drop their shield after the aerials out of the wall jump and then MAYBE turnaround jabbing them when you stand, but there's just too much delay between the wall jump and standing on the stage that I can't see you not being punished for it.

Also, there's that really uncomfortable position when you keep on holding towards the ledge to get onstage; you're placed just perfectly for a meteor. You're exactly where Ike or Link wants you for a d-tilt, too, and most characters' d-tilts, even those without spikes, will always punish you every time for this even if you do manage to get to standing position. A well-timed uair from the wall jump might work against this factor...but even then, wall jumps as a stalling/recovery method from the ledge can backfire miserably when your opponent goes in with a bair to punish, which will stage-spike and kill you at even relatively low percents.

To summarize: If you manage to actually pull this off in a useful way during a match(well, outside of lag, anyways), I'd call you very lucky. It's just too slow and the payoff isn't worth it, anyways.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
The OP soesn't even talk about saving yourself with a walljump, he only uses that to tell you where the walljump is possible.

If he was talking about saving yourself, wouldn't he have found more chacters this works with (Lucario for example), as I think he tested what he means on all characters

and also, Artieboy isn't some poster, if I recall correctly he is a respected poster around here
Listen to him.
His first post is clear enough :/

Wogrim

Smash Lord
Yes, we know that wall jumping isn't new, but I've never seen someone wall jump right onto the stage before (except Lucario since he has extra moves).

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
If you want to see the video i can send it to you.
I can send it to wogrim if you and wogrim would like:)
I have wogrim's wii and brawl code added (and he has mine added)
so that may be a faster way for him to receive the vid

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
This isn't new, and this isn't an AT in my opinion.
Like Tenki pointed out, performing this isn't difficult, either.

As I see it, the uses for this would be fairly limited, and it might even be worse than grabbing the ledge out of the wall jump. The only application I see would be getting your opponent to drop their shield after the aerials out of the wall jump and then MAYBE turnaround jabbing them when you stand, but there's just too much delay between the wall jump and standing on the stage that I can't see you not being punished for it.

Also, there's that really uncomfortable position when you keep on holding towards the ledge to get onstage; you're placed just perfectly for a meteor. You're exactly where Ike or Link wants you for a d-tilt, too, and most characters' d-tilts, even those without spikes, will always punish you every time for this even if you do manage to get to standing position. A well-timed uair from the wall jump might work against this factor...but even then, wall jumps as a stalling/recovery method from the ledge can backfire miserably when your opponent goes in with a bair to punish, which will stage-spike and kill you at even relatively low percents.

To summarize: If you manage to actually pull this off in a useful way during a match(well, outside of lag, anyways), I'd call you very lucky. It's just too slow and the payoff isn't worth it, anyways.
Thats why the title is New Falcon AT (maybe).

Listen to him.
His first post is clear enough :/
Im talking about wall jump to the stage.

Zeallyx

I've seen Falco walljump to side-B onto the stage, but not a walljump onto the stage.

And sure, send me the vid. I'll upload it too if you want.
I'll send it to you tommorrow
(Artieboy already send me the vid, I'll just 'forward' it to you wogrim)

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I've seen Falco walljump to side-B onto the stage, but not a walljump onto the stage.

And sure, send me the vid. I'll upload it too if you want.
Falco fox and wolf cant wall jump to stage they grab the ledge every time.

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
My apologies, misread it as Falcon.
Still, why do you guys need to send vids of this? It's not difficult to see this for yourselves.

YesISpeakChinese

Smash Apprentice
if i'm thinking of what you're talking about, it doesn't really have much use in a match, you can just manage it on FD cause the curved ledge prevents you from jumping straight out
but what do you mean by "auto landed on a panel" in your first post

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
if i'm thinking of what you're talking about, it doesn't really have much use in a match, you can just manage it on FD cause the curved ledge prevents you from jumping straight out
but what do you mean by "auto landed on a panel" in your first post
i was trying to describ how the animation look when you get back to the stage. Auto landing is a AT (i think thats the name of it)

SecretofMana

Smash Cadet
i was trying to describ how the animation look when you get back to the stage. Auto landing is a AT (i think thats the name of it)
Auto-landing...you mean auto-cancelling? Because I wouldn't call that an AT either.
Or do you mean something else? Please explain.

Noodlehead

Smash Lord
Auto-landing...you mean auto-cancelling? Because I wouldn't call that an AT either.
Or do you mean something else? Please explain.
no. i think he means what he said. auto land is a platform cancel. it only works with slanted platforms though. when you level with the platform you can do any move you want.

edit: 1939-6270-0806-5120
can you send me the vid
i dont think im doing the same thing as you, the only thing i can do is a cancelled bair

illinialex24

Smash Hero
I knew about this about 1 month ago, i dont think this is really useful, is only another way from recovery
This is insanely old yeah you are right. Its only useful if you want to do a trick recovery, like Lucario. When someone is edgehugging him, he will jump there or B-Up there and then jump onto the stage. So if you are stuck below to ledge with your second jump, jump there and push away and then land on the stage. This is insanely well known.

Face124

Smash Ace
Edinburgh. Pm for a Brawl and I'll get back to you
This is insanely old yeah you are right. Its only useful if you want to do a trick recovery, like Lucario. When someone is edgehugging him, he will jump there or B-Up there and then jump onto the stage. So if you are stuck below to ledge with your second jump, jump there and push away and then land on the stage. This is insanely well known.
Its not the wall jump this is about, its landing on the stage without sweetspotting the ledge after the wall jump.

SirroMinus1

SiNiStEr MiNiStEr
NNID
Ajarudaru
I posted this on the samus board too & it seems like someone Did it with samus already (month ago) And its a bit more useful with her.

Zeallyx

I wonder why people cant understand? =/
Because they tend not to read all of the OP, let alone the thread.

As this was new to me, this thread has helped me. I implemented this into my game, and when used at the right times (knowing when comes with experience), this can be usefull, as most opponents don't expect you to land on the stage after the walljump.
So thanks Artieboy:)

Lionman

Smash Champion
You can insta grab the edge when you are doing this AT using the Raptor boost, is really useful for avoid punish while returning

Zeallyx

You can insta grab the edge when you are doing this AT using the Raptor boost, is really useful for avoid punish while returning
The AT artieboy means is landing on the stage after the walljump. NOT the walljump itself.

Top Bottom